It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genesis 32:22-32 Jacob beats up God!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470
My pleasure.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2012newstart
a reply to: Rasalghul

Jacob didn't fight "God" the creator of the Universe, he fought extraterrestrial angel.

Right. Well the bible says God so...

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Anything but believe that the word of God is true.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Seeing God face to face is an almost unheard of event in the bible, but Jacob wrestles with God. Well Israel does. That's prophetic.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

but it is not unheard of

Ex 33:11 And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.
Nu 14:14 And they will tell [it] to the inhabitants of this land: [for] they have heard that thou LORD [art] among this people, that thou LORD art seen face to face, and [that] thy cloud standeth over them, and [that] thou goest before them, by day time in a pillar of a cloud, and in a pillar of fire by night.
De 5:4 The LORD talked with you face to face in the mount out of the midst of the fire,
De 34:10 And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,

edit on 15-2-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Dear fellow seekers of wisdom,

Calling the book OP quotes [bible] has a specific reason.

This reason is:
When asked what the title was, instead of saying "none" Tyndale used the answer given to the RCC when they asked their source, who called it "book" in their native tongue of Greece, the place between Jesus and Rome.
It is a book without title, that will be read when nobody remembers "the selfish gene" or the selfish # who put his name on it -something the author(s) of the bible didn't feel the need to do.

The reason to call it bible and not book is crucial to the next step of this quest for wisdom: which is the realization that nobody in the bible calls G "God" and the names, words, grammar, besides being different are not even written in the same "alphabet". As in the parent company of Google, Alphabet, which decides what dumb #s find and don't find when they "research" something.

The fact that we call the sequence of characters forming the present language an "alphabet" is a testament to the fact that is it an adaptation from the [alpha, beta, gamma..] sequence of characters, meaning that it's not parallel systems of writing: one is a derivation of the other.

When trying to understand a message, especially one about the origin of everything, which is a difficult message to understand seeing as it is quite singular, bearing this in mind may come as an asset.

It so happens and the alpha beta gamma sequence of characters may also be a derivate from an eerily similar sounding sequence, which is read from the right side.
What's left after this derivation of a derivation is the written communication system used on above top secret dot com and "the selfish gene".

Thank you all for sharing your opinions and please, make sure you know how #ing desperately depressing it is to explain those things to those who link their self esteem to protection of an education that enslaves them. It's not their fault, and the truth will indeed set them free, once they're done denying it.

Which brings me to the title of the thread: yea, "jacob beats up god". Fun. that's not in "genesis", which is a Greek book where you get your numb(er)ed reference from, OP.
"Genesis" is a translation and transliteration to the third power of a much more fitting word which is the title of the chapter censored and edited into "(...) jacob beats up god (..)", leading to the apparent cognitive dissonances I see here explained through television characters, demiurges, poor judgement of the author, & c.

thanks for reading

cheers

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: wisvol

I'm just trying to have fun dude, it's an interesting subject.

edit on 15-2-2016 by Rasalghul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAIKI
I am reading Zecharia Sitchin's "The Lost Book of Enki".

The basic premise is that ancient astronauts came to earth to obtain gold to send back to their planet to disperse through their atmosphere to "heal" a breach. The task of gold mining became too onerous and they used their DNA and DNA from an upright walking ape on earth and created a slave species to mine their gold.

The genetically engineered human race looked up to their makers (the astronaut geneticists) and thought of them as gods.

Interesting, according to the Lost Book, in case of a contested kingship, the two astronaut aspirants to the throne would wrestle naked. Whoever won the wrestling match was crowned the new king.

There were half breed astronaut/humans as the astronauts sometimes took on human females as concubines. Their offspring were the "heroes of old" and probably included Noah, Abraham, Moses and maybe Jacob.

The story is probably about Jacob wrestling with one of the astronauts and winning the match entitled him to special favors.

Used to be a fan of that, until I started using logic to detect the BS.

First of all, if there is a civilization capable of interstellar travel, surely they have harness the power of the stars.

Now, if you are capable of traversing the Universe, why in the hell would you come to this "Backwater" of a planet and experiment on bipedal apes?

Think about it, there are many resources readily available in the cosmos. If the Annunaki are truly desperate for gold, they do not need to come to Earth.

There should be gold available in many different areas of space, on many different planets. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if there are planets or celestial bodies made completely of gold. Hell, there is a region of space where it's completely alcohol...

Absolutely no reason to come to Earth and make human slaves to mine for gold.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
a reply to: buster2010

Well, God,, being all powerful, has the POWER, to limit his own powers if he so wishes. Maybe he wanted to experience wrestling and made himself a physical equal to Jacob, promising himself Not to restore his powers until he either defeated Jacob, or until Jacob let him go. It could have happened that way. I'm sure there are some other explanations, but here is one possible one.

To the OP, thank you for sharing and reminding me of this awesome story

When one is omniscience it doesn't need to experience anything. This was just another of the many myths the Israelite's made up to make themselves equal to God. Just like the story where a Rabbi out debates God.
edit on 8510000000929America/ChicagoMon, 15 Feb 2016 13:26:09 -06002010 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

When one is omniscience it doesn't need to experience anything. This was just another of the many myths the Israelite's made up to make themselves equal to God. Just like the story where a Rabbi out debates God.

One creates one's reasoning to enjoy its fruit.
Creation of better things including worlds could have similar aims.
Need has nothing to do with it.

You say the Israelites made up many myths, such as beating God/omniscience up and out debating him, in order to become equals.
If there's any truth to this God looks like he has some sportsmanship. So did it work? Are we equal to God? Is that what they mean with the trinity?

Cheers

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Ever notice how world is word with L?

Choose your myths wisely, and identify sources of recurring coincidences.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Through all of your threads I can't help but notice...

You have such a deep respect for gnostic writing but you always seem to miss one thing...

God does not have a name...

Understanding the Indescribable

edit on 15-2-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

You have such a deep respect for gnostic writing but you always seem to miss one thing...

Did I say his name? The Most High, that's what I call God.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Did I say his name? The Most High, that's what I call God.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
something about comparing meanings of bibles in two languages, even English and French or English and older English.
Doesn't matter anyway, it's mostly a mix of censorship and experience-specific figures of speech known to some types of scribes but definitely not other types of scribes.
edit on 12728v2016Monday by wisvol because: le coeur a ses raisons dont manque autrui

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rasalghul

originally posted by: 2012newstart

Jacob didn't fight "God" the creator of the Universe, he fought extraterrestrial angel.

Right. Well the bible says God so...

So we have to conclude that the Bible's first books are fairy tales. God did not create the Earth for 6 days either. The books written by Moses or even after him do not represent correctly events that happened 450 years ago, even less events that happened 2000 years ago before the Flood. Moses took too much authority to speak in the name of God, being mortal. He could not possibly "see God in the burning bush" and remain physically alive. Moreover, it is hard to believe that God will want to kill and cut hands, the way Moses HIMSELF interpreted the 10 commandments received in the mountain. Questions that the religious leaders better address before it is irreversible late for them.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

Are you saying God could not create the earth to be inhabitable for man and beast in six days of work?

The reasons we cannot get an accurate date on the material used for the earth and for the creation of man and beast is two fold.

1) the material used comes form an eternal source. The earth was made some time before it was made inhabital for man and beast. Proverbs 8:21-24

2) We do not know how to measure Eternity. Though the Scripture tells us a thousand years as if a day and a day as a thousand years that is not clear enough to give an accurate measurement of eternity.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: 2012newstart

Are you saying God could not create the earth to be inhabitable for man and beast in six days of work?

The reasons we cannot get an accurate date on the material used for the earth and for the creation of man and beast is two fold.

1) the material used comes form an eternal source. The earth was made some time before it was made inhabital for man and beast. Proverbs 8:21-24

2) We do not know how to measure Eternity. Though the Scripture tells us a thousand years as if a day and a day as a thousand years that is not clear enough to give an accurate measurement of eternity.

Off topic. Jacob extorted a blessing from El, that's the story. You probably don't know much about it, but try and stay on topic.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: wisvol
I can't speak Hebrew, and Bere#h, or whatever Genesis is in Hebrew, would just cause confusion. Your little rant was cute though.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

You pretext the scripture with your opinion.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join