It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding the Indescribable

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with religion so I will not give a link to this text...

It is meant for the reader to contemplate... To offer "man" some understanding of something we cannot possibly understand...

Take it as you will...

The Monad is a monarchy with nothing above it. It is he who exists as God and Father of everything, the invisible One who is above everything, who exists as incorruption, which is in the pure light into which no eye can look.

"He is the invisible Spirit, of whom it is not right to think of him as a god, or something similar. For he is more than a god, since there is nothing above him, for no one lords it over him. For he does not exist in something inferior to him, since everything exists in him. For it is he who establishes himself. He is eternal, since he does not need anything. For he is total perfection. He did not lack anything, that he might be completed by it; rather he is always completely perfect in light. He is illimitable, since there is no one prior to him to set limits to him. He is unsearchable, since there exists no one prior to him to examine him. He is immeasurable, since there was no one prior to him to measure him. He is invisible, since no one saw him. He is eternal, since he exists eternally. He is ineffable, since no one was able to comprehend him to speak about him. He is unnameable, since there is no one prior to him to give him a name.

"He is immeasurable light, which is pure, holy (and) immaculate. He is ineffable, being perfect in incorruptibility. (He is) not in perfection, nor in blessedness, nor in divinity, but he is far superior. He is not corporeal nor is he incorporeal. He is neither large nor is he small. There is no way to say, 'What is his quantity?' or, 'What is his quality?', for no one can know him. He is not someone among (other) beings, rather he is far superior. Not that he is (simply) superior, but his essence does not partake in the aeons nor in time. For he who partakes in an aeon was prepared beforehand. Time was not apportioned to him, since he does not receive anything from another, for it would be received on loan. For he who precedes someone does not lack, that he may receive from him. For rather, it is the latter that looks expectantly at him in his light.

"For the perfection is majestic. He is pure, immeasurable mind. He is an aeon-giving aeon. He is life-giving life. He is a blessedness-giving blessed one. He is knowledge-giving knowledge. He is goodness-giving goodness. He is mercy and redemption-giving mercy. He is grace-giving grace, not because he possesses it, but because he gives the immeasurable, incomprehensible light.

edit on 24-1-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The superiority of the monad is obvious.
edit on 24-1-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The Monad or Father is the function through which we gain consciousness and are able to perceive the world. What gives you the ability to have consciousness? God, the Father. The One who gives you light to see with, he gives us the image in which we are created in.

The immeasurable light John speaks of is the light of life, consciousness. We cannot comprehend the Father because we only see the light, not the mechanism in which it is produced. If he is eternal then so are we because we are in him and him in us. That's my interpretation of it at least.

S&F

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Why tell you my interpretation? *You will never come to know It*, and it is as useless to seek it [as an image that is within reach] as is to measure infinity, as it is not like a knowledge, for knowledge occurs as a distortion of It/Him. How does one expect to see the undistorted Essence, when "seeing" is birthed of the distorted view of that Essence. That is like jumping down the lower steps of a staircase, trying to get to the top.
edit on 24-1-2013 by 1Learner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
And what is your evidence for all these assertions?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Stunspot

I said "take it as you will"

I don't need evidence of anything because im not trying to prove anything...

IF you choose to look at what is written as a bunch of garbage... You're free to do so...

IF what is written causes you to be curious... Seek and you shall find.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

An omnipotent being, a God therefor, once addressed me. No bull, and before doing so he (yes, he) demonstrated undeniable proof of his omnipotence, to myself so don't ask for proof from me. This God was not the one that you paint a pretty picture of and personally I don't believe that the one who addressed me has any rivals, or equals for that matter so there is a disparity here between what your imagination is offering you and what actually IS.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Shema

This is not my work, nor is it my imagination...

IF your God speaks to you, perhaps you might take this up with him...

Just so you know, there are many "Gods"... Those being "entities" far more spiritually evolved then us...

but only one Father of Creation

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by Shema

This is not my work, nor is it my imagination...

IF your God speaks to you, perhaps you might take this up with him...

Just so you know, there are many "Gods"... Those being "entities" far more spiritually evolved then us...

but only one Father of Creation

Great reply. If only we all shared your genius with words. Many Gods? My goodness. So hard to believe but you do seem to know. But just the one of creation? You don't say. I wonder what all those other Gods do to fill in their day? Oh right, chat to me. Of course, so perceptive of you, I should take it up with them shouldn't I ? Be more interesting than...no mustn't be rude. So kind of you to patronize me.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Shema

Similar to how you choose to see this as my imagination I guess?

Glad you could restrain yourself from being rude

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Your thread is like the opposite of AfterInfinitys thread 'order needs chaos'. I really like to read the OP. Akragon, I'm thankfull you started it.

In the beginning let's say the bible was kind of difficult, but when ones mind had time to evaluate the information. Woehoe, just awesome. Now I'm joyous everytime I can read the words Jesus said or just anything religious.

Super, isn't it. Thx for sharing. Joy and lovejoy for/to you, A.
edit on 26-1-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Deep stuff. Worthy of much more thought and reflection on my part ....
A response will take a while ... gotta' think on it. Good thread.

join