It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Server Questions and Issues

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Yes. The server is running with the stock installation and settings right now. With 4 gigs of RAM, I wanted to see what load factors we have before I made any tweaks. Interesting side note: since the new server went online at about 10:30 PM EST yesterday, we've served up 40 gigabytes already... nearly our biggest bandwidth day.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I can't upload images. Something wrong with my account or all?

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Just noticed,... when visiting the recent posts page while not logged in, you get several sets of listings.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley
Just noticed,... when visiting the recent posts page while not logged in, you get several sets of listings.

Yeah I just got home and I can confirm this.

From work today (I don't log in at work
) it was almost impossible to make heads or tails of the recent posts page.

Several sets of the same page one after the other (the page is VERY long and takes forever to load) with the most recent on the bottom I think.

When clicking on a thread it serves up the right one with the latest info though.

Looks really bad to any non-member (or non-logged-in) traffic visiting ATS today

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
SO, do you know your avatar isnt working?

---Pineapple

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I can't add or access the "buddy" link.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by superdude
I can't add or access the "buddy" link.

Dont worry...the Buddy List feature hasnt worked for a long time.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Just wanted to say, that despite a few problems I am having (can't upload to regular member area, and forum icons all show X in a box instead of the icons), this puppy is flying now for me, compared to before! Real fast, and cudos to SO and all involved. Much more pleasant when it moves this fast!

Thanks a bunch for this site, the upgrades, and keeping it free.

Sincerely,
TA

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I don't seem able to edit my profile.

I can enter the information but there is no button to submit the changes.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican forum icons all show X in a box instead of the icons
Clear your browser cache.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools but there is no button to submit the changes.
I'm not having any of these problems... of course, I'm on a Mac... so I have far fewer problems anyway.
When in doubt, clear your browser cache.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Some images dont show up on BTS...like all the smilies in the post reply page, and the post icons. Also the Up button in the footer. And the top-line.gif image in the header (now its just a blank line going across it). Thats the only stuff Iv run into...

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Yeah no smily imageson the side and some other assorted images aren't showing up. I'm sure SO can fix all this as long as Mackiller doesn't have another "accident" *hears a yell of pain and then hears SO cursing in the server room* Uh-ohhh

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Everything is running great...

Just a question SO, since blogs are working again...

Are we not going to have the most recent blog titles on the left side anymore? I kind of like reading other people blog titles(but mainly just mine!!
)(I kid, I kid)

Just curious...

Everything else is superduper

B

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
i love the new navigation bar up top!

---Pineapple

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I like the new bar up top also. Although I used the ATS Site button and noticed when the page loaded that they ATNN news area only shows " [CaRP] XML error: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 43", and several of the images are not working.

The speed is great now! Excellent work.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Loam brought up an issue in the this thread that I've been seeing a lot of myself :
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I cannot re-urchase my subscription to RATS...it is not listed in the ATS store.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
on the member upload portion, it says that it is temporarily disabled, i dont know if you guys already know about this problem, or if it has already been posted, just lettin you guys know.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
ive also noticed that the help portion of ATS is not working either.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join