It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Server Questions and Issues

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Unfortunately its not that my uploaded files are at a different url. It wont let me upload new ones.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Unfortunately its not that my uploaded files are at a different url. It wont let me upload new ones.

I re-edited my post 2 mins ago.. maybe you did not read the new edit.. (do so now)... all current uploads before transition are all ok... but you probably will have problems due to what I mentioned (which may not be THE case, but what I think it might be).

Just stay chill... I'm sure SO's got it on his "TO-DO" list...

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
The performance of the new server is sweet. I love being able to click a link and the pages come right up. What are the specs on the box? Judging by the host I'm guessing the dual 2.8 ghz xeon box with 2 gigs of ram :-) . Even if not... its MUCH faster.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
VERY fast!!

The quality message at the top of ATSNN threads is not showing up, though.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I am still getting a message when I try to enter chat. "Error to load client configuration file", this is showing up in the blue coffee cup bubble.

I understand that the blogs will be up later, but, if i edit will it still show up when they come up?

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Well one thing I noticed is that the Profanity filter wasn't working on ATSNN as I saw an S word in one of the comments below the article. Cannot remember which one though...

EDIT: It was on the First page near the middle or bottom cannot remember... sry

[edit on 10-1-2005 by sardion2000]

Odd

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I have no problem accessing ATS or BTS via the standard urls, for whatever reason... and good thing, too, because i'll be buggered if I can remember so much as my own IP address.

dig the new server, by the way. looks like everything is coming along nicely so far, and the speed of the transition (considering the size of the site, especially) was great.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   
don't know whether this is just me but lots of images aren't showing up:
- The Ring Bearers special header and footer
- The icons next to threads

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   

CHAT IS NOW WORKING

You may need to clear your browser's cache to purge the old flash file from your local memory.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
If everything is working right do I have to change anything?

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Sorry hate to be ignorante but what is that stuff about changeing avatar to somthing or other.

Im no tec head i need help.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Another thing.

You'll see on my story here that there are strange boxs all through it where the ' and some of the " should be.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Most be alien clones....

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I've had the board main page come up like this this a couple times though. It's probably just that I'm at my apartment and on dialup right now, but just throwing that out there in case it is server side.

That aside, congrats to ATS for getting us to a new server!

EDIT:
I donno if this was mentioned yet, but the FAQ doesn't seem to want to load. I keep coming up with a 404 message.

Oh, and the Gilliamation when the board was being worked on was great. wink wink nudge nudge nod nod.

[edit on 1/10/2005 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
OOps! just started a troubleshooting thread. Feel free to delete mods.

WTF ?? I never started any troubleshooting thread... And how the heck could I delete the mods...You should get banned for telling me to delete mods.... SHAME ON YOU

haha j/k

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
[size=10]BLOGS ARE BACK! (long live the blogs)

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Long live the ATS blog!

Side-note: When first came in this morning, I had a few things not working (chat and BTS) and I simply followed our IT Guy advice, I completly deleted all the caches files on my computer (cookies and temporary internet files) and now everything is working fine !

So if other people are still having problem, just try that before asking questions.
This Skeptic is a wonder-worker !

Edit: The "comment" function is not working anymore.

[edit on 10-1-2005 by m0rbid]

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Hmm. Just my luck. I was already convinced earlier that blogs wouldn't be back for 7 days. It's too late! I don't remember what I was going to blog about. It's one of those things that I had to blog right away this morning or else *poof* it's gone!

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I'm not seeing the mini forum icons on the sides of the posts listed in 'Recent Posts'

I tried to upload an image to show you and got this message:

Warning: copy(./uploads/ats19761_missing-icons.JPG): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/abovetopsecret/public_html/forum/atsupload-normal.php on line 129

[edit on 10-1-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
There will be some additional downtime later today (not long). As I had a chance to see the new server at full-load, there are some optimizations that I'll need to make.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Not sure what the cause it but the site seems to be running slow again today. Once the page starts to load it loads fast. But there is a long delay from the time you click until the server responds.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join