It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with Picture---Computer question. :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
So, I downloaded a resume template with a place for my picture on two separate pages and the shape for the picture to go into is a circle.

Of course my picture is a square.

I have spent countless hours trying to get this square picture to be circular but alas, I suck at this.

I could have gotten a job by now.

The thing is, I'd probably have to email you my resume with all of my personal info on it, so if there's some nice volunteer out there who is willing to do this for me, you'd have to kind of be on the down low and respectful of my privacy and all of that.

I trust you guys though. Brilliance and brains running around this site.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help. And kudos to you for being able to navigate the computer with such ease.

I'm already impressed.

And grateful.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

Cant you just upload the pic and we could make it round for you? or am I not understanding?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Assuming you are using Word, right click on the circle shape and on the menu that appears, select something like "format shape" or similar. There should be a fill effects button that will allow you to choose a picture file.

I have Word 2016 on my Mac. I click on the shape which in turn makes the Shape Format ribbon appear at the top. Choose Shape Fill and there is an option for picture.

Hope that helps.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
you got to make outside of the circle transparent , then save file as .gif or .png

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
using an online photo editor would be easiest if you dont need to learn how to do it.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

So, I tried the online editor. I couldn't make it a circle.

Here's the question:

The circular thing is on downloaded resume template. If I just sent you a picture would you have to guess the size of it?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
One thing you could do is contact somebody on the avatar thread and see if they can make the pic a circle. Those guys (ladies) are geniuses when it comes to photos manipulation.
Here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

All of them do excellent work and may be able to help you if you send them the pic.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I believe Ostracized is correct...

Can you give some info on the name of the template?

I've got Photoshop on a PC if you still some need help U2U me...

Also M, if you do decide to do it your self and the file is a Photoshop file (PSD ext.) you do have a couple of other options:

The Best Ways To Open a PSD File Without Photoshop

7 Ways to Open PSD Extension Image Files Without Installing Adobe Photoshop

I think that this is what you need done:

edit on 25-1-2016 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
just use a square picture. and resume shouldn't have your picture on it.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: reddragon2015

I was about to ask you why but after Googling this it appears that you could be right.

Most of the results say that using a photo is a bad idea...

should a resume have a photo - Google Search

It does seem odd though because there are so many nice PSD resumes out there that have the image built in...

Best Free Photoshop Resume templates - Google Search

edit on 25-1-2016 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
So are pictures on resumes a thing now? I remember about three years ago a friend of mine got scolded by a placement agency and a number of employers for putting his picture on his resume.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

You have a U2U, if you still need help

new topics

top topics

join