It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Doors make Asylum Seekers Targets of Racist Thugs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
double
edit on 21-1-2016 by ScepticScot because: bad wifi

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpartan

The Times identified 168 Jomast houses in one of the city’s poorest areas and discovered 155 had red doors. The newspaper knocked on 66 of the red-door homes and found asylum seekers housed at 62 of them.

This whole thing is beyond ridiculous. Off course the doors of these social housing will have the same color, and it happens to be red.

They didnt even check the other 89 so any flawed point they are trying to make isn't even backed up by anything.

Leftist drivel is all.

Sky News and The Times are leftist now? How far to the right do you need to be to believe that?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: SprocketUK
All these migrants moaning about the colour of the front door of their free houses...I bet the 8000 odd homeless ex servicemen wouldn't mind a front door of any damn colour.

I bet they would be grateful to just be given the same treatment as a migrant!!

What not allowed to work, hated by the press, subject to racist abuse? Not so sure most ex service personal would like to get the same treatment.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Yes, marking up places with "NF" that are being used to house foreign immigrants is most certainly racist in nature.

Gangs of "out of control teens" hurling stones at homes and tagging it up with racist sentiments seems rather a threat, imo. And do you really think that this is just some harmless kids trying to "be cool" or a person with mental issues going around committing these acts?

Call me leftist if you like but regardless of my personal stance on migrants this seems like obvious racial targeting to me, red doors or not.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: MaryaNoxx I guess we will wait and see, but as far right sentiment seems to be flavour of the day, with many sympathisers I certainly won't be surprised when residents in these houses are targeted and any attacks will be defended or blamed on the immigrants for just existing. They make perfect scapegoats for those unsatisfied with their own lives.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

What not allowed to work, hated by the press, subject to racist abuse? Not so sure most ex service personal would like to get the same treatment.

You forgetting that every time a migrant is housed....those already on the

waiting list for housing get pushed further down the queue , many of them

having been on the list for years.

Those who receive preferential treatment will always be subject to abuse,

it happens ...

What makes them so special?
edit on 21-1-2016 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia
Funny I don't remember you being an advocate of the homeless before the refugee crisis, but now it's all the rage that immigrants might be getting housed. Blame the government and local councils and stop making excuses for potential abuse of people by saying things like it happens. It doesn't have to happen, but if people make excuses it will happen

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MaryaNoxx

Yes, out of control teens running amok in housing estates in the UK is a terrible problem..one that the police won't do anything about..until it is migrants being targeted. How do you think that makes long term residents feel? BTW these residents being of all races, nationalities etc who understand that it is not the colour of their door that is the problem, but other social problems, high youth unemployment, poverty etc but suddenly there is a huge influx of new people, and when a few eggs get thrown and some vandalism, everyone is up in arms, with offers to re-paint doors etc.

The yobs doing this, and yes they probably are just yobs, will be doing this to many houses, not just those of migrants, and I think that sorting out some of the more endemic problems with poverty and unemployment in the UK is far more important than pandering to those who in their own words "are being forced to live in houses with red doors" What a complete load of utter nonsense!

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

So do you think the answer to these social problems is to just dump another load of dependent people into the mix? Wouldn't it be better to try and solve the current problems before adding new ones?

Believe me, I am far from being right wing, I have major health and poverty issues myself and yes, problems with gangs of roaming yobs, and I believe we should do more to solve the current issues rather than just create more. However, I posted this story to highlight the utter nonsense that these migrants are complaining that they are being made targets by being forced to live in houses with red doors...all the flipping houses have red doors, where's the gratitude that they have a door (and a house to go with it) and a resolve to integrate into the community and stamp out anti-social behaviour?

But nah, they are seriously comparing themselves to Jews in Nazi Germany...really!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: destination now it's not the immigrant or refugees fault they are being placed where they are, so you can't blame them. In all honesty the reports in the links provided are sensationalist, but people shouldn't be condoning attacks on any one in the community. If there has been a mismanagement of the situation it's not the fault of the immigrants and it's irresponsible of the media to be sensationalising the story it to the effect they have. People just need to calm down and defend the rights of all to live peacefully free from being targeted, but if we find that residents with red doors are being unfairly targeted by yobs, then what? Just make immigrants put up with it, because "these things happen"?

edit on 21-1-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   

The migrants themselves are complaining about the red doors...just because the majority of people in these refurbished homes happen to be migrants, and the doors happen to have been painted red, they are claiming that they are somehow being marked out and that is just not the case. Has anyone spoken to a long term resident with a red door or any other colour door for that matter, to find out about the issues in the area? What are their issues? Probably the same as the migrants..but no one bothers to ask them.

So no, it is not about blaming the migrants, it is about saying, well this is your community as well, whinging about the colour of your door and comparing your plight to the Jews in Nazi Germany is not helpful...be the change you want to see...or at least get off your backside and down to the local B&Q and buy a tin of paint and repaint your own door..don't turn yourself into a victim, because ultimately you are no different to anyone else who has to live in inadequate areas of high poverty, and yes, sadly the majority of people who have lived long term in these areas are told exactly that...it's life, get on with it!

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I, until recently, used to deal with Jomast quite a lot and never once found them not housing Asylum Seekers - they are a big home office contractor. If you knock on their doors the chance of not finding an asylum seeker is low.

Certainly in my area they take properties in bulk from landlords (10-20 at a time). These properties, by virtue of coming from the same owners, tend to be decorated in a similar style and therefore have the same colour doors and decor.

There's one landlord around here who paints everyone of their doors blue and has done for a long time. All it does is suggest the owner, it says nothing about the occupiers themselves.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

You forgetting that every time a migrant is housed....those already on the

waiting list for housing get pushed further down the queue , many of them

having been on the list for years.

Those who receive preferential treatment will always be subject to abuse,

it happens ...

What makes them so special?

Not true, the majority of asylum seekers have no impact on council house waiting lists as they are housed in private lets (generally in areas no one else wants to live) and paid for out of a separate budget.
Waiting lists are caused by lack of social housing and inadequate council budgets. If you want argue that they should be increased then I am right there with you.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Not true, the majority of asylum seekers have no impact on council house waiting lists as they are housed in private lets (generally in areas no one else wants to live) and paid for out of a separate budget.
Waiting lists are caused by lack of social housing and inadequate council budgets. If you want argue that they should be increased then I am right there with you.

Not so ....

I have friends who are employed in various trades by the council. They

have *red alert* address lists of properties which have to have immediate

attention should a problem arise, and guess who lives in those houses??

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
That is definitely NOT true. Im not sure who has fed you that idea. One of my family members is Head of Housing in my area and theh have to put a third of their stock on one side for asylum seekers.a reply to: ScepticScot

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

And I wonder what the response of the general population (including the OP) would be if some of these immigrants did the exact same thing to the non-red doors of the non-Muslim homes (carving things like "death to infidels") - would the response be the same "it's really no big deal", or would there be outrage that "these horrible immigrants are threatening us because we are non-Muslims"? I wonder if the shoe were on the other foot...

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Indeed it is crazy. Similar paralells in the usofa.
can't afford to fix the roads or house the homeless. can't afford to properly educate the youth. healthcare spirally out of control.

somehow can afford to take in masses of legal and illegal immigrants...

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Excuse me...but I have been living with lots of anti-social behaviour in my area, people taking drugs and urinating in the close, scratching graffiti into the walls and windowsills...phone the police..oh well there's nothing we can do about it..

And there are plenty of red doors with non muslims in them and it's a bit of a jump to just assume that all the migrants are muslims, not every person is you know...how very blinkered of you!

Also no one is making death threats, they are throwing eggs at the doors..big difference, in fact even the likes of Justin Bieber does that to his neighbours as do countless of other yobs who like to make people's life a misery, the police don't do anything about it though

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

And another thing, there are plenty of people who get targeted in the UK because they are elderly or because they have disabilities, what do the police or the local councils do...answer, a big fat zero. A man was beaten to death outside his home a couple of weeks ago because he asked the yobs to stop throwing stones at cars and houses..he wasn't a muslim, just a concerned citizen, he also tried phoning the police to be told..tough, so he decided to confront them..big mistake, it cost him his life.

Sometimes you apologists need to build a ruddy big bridge and get over yourselves and venture into the real world...

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: destination now

I thought National Front symbols were carved into the doors. Why would that be done on the doors of white people? Isn't the National Front associated with neo-Nazis? We all know how kind and gentle the Nazis were towards an undesirable group of people.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join