It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Doors make Asylum Seekers Targets of Racist Thugs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Well this is the latest issue apparently for asylum seekers in the UK

Asylum seekers' homes are being targeted because their doors have been painted red in a practice an MP says is reminiscent of Nazi Germany.

The red doors have prompted attacks including stones and eggs thrown at windows, smeared excrement, and scratched National Front symbols in the wood.

The properties, in a deprived area of Middlesbrough, characterised by boarded up and abandoned terraced homes, are owned by Stuart Monk, who is paid millions by the Government to help house refugees.

However, it does not seem to have been done deliberately in any way, it's just the way that large landowners tend to maintain properties..

The security firm says there is no policy of painting refugees' doors red and it is not unusual for a company refurbishing a number of homes to use the same paint.

They have also offered to repaint the doors. Also not all of the red door homes have asylum seekers resident in them

The Times identified 168 Jomast houses in one of the city’s poorest areas and discovered 155 had red doors. The newspaper knocked on 66 of the red-door homes and found asylum seekers housed at 62 of them.

I'm sorry, but the comparisons to Nazi Germany is very offensive...I don't remember the Nazis taking in migrants from every corner of the globe and setting them up in free housing. Furthermore many of these migrants are not escaping persecution in Syria or anywhere for that matter, as I am sure that if they were, being given a house with a red door probably wouldn't be an issue..they would be grateful that they had a warm, secure place to live.

Housing associations and the Councils have always done this, social housing does tend to be very generic and often the same materials are used throughout for the purpose of economies of scale, and to be perfectly honest, what about the 180,000 homeless Brits, ex-soldiers etc who just seem to have been left on the scrapheap and at the bottom of the queue for social housing?

That I think is the real reason there is resentment from some people about migrants moving here, not contributing a bean and being given housing as a priority, not that the people who are throwing eggs at the houses are racist thugs..though I don't condone anyone attacking someone else's house for any reason..though notably at Halloween if a bunch of kids egg your house and you phone the police, you are told, well it's just kids, ignore them..

Red doors make asylum seekers a target

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
It's always fun to blame the victims.

Even if it's just petty vandalism.

It sets a standard.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
"He claimed the issue had been raised two years ago but that G4S had done nothing"

I never knew that red doors were "nazi-ish". If that's been the feeling (and known) for at least two years, why don't they chuck out the red paint (or use it elsewhere), and paint all the doors dark purple, or yellow, or green or what colour isn't offensive???
Too easy?

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

It's not about blaming the victims, it's about making a claim that is just untrue..no one painted those doors to single out asylum seekers, and then to call the landlords Nazis...eh wtf?

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

You would think..but then if all the doors were green, that would doubtless be the issue

edit to add..it seems that as the majority of the refurbished houses were then given to asylum seekers, by default many of the houses were given red doors as part of the refurb and now the tenants are claiming the red doors are singling them out!
edit on 20-1-2016 by destination now because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: destination now

It's not about blaming the victims, it's about making a claim that is just untrue..no one painted those doors to single out asylum seekers, and then to call the landlords Nazis...eh wtf?

Really?

Then what does this mean...
"migrants moving here, not contributing a bean and being given housing as a priority, not that the people who are throwing eggs at the houses are racist thugs"???

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Well you can understand from the point of view of those who have been on the housing list for years and getting no where, particularly ex service men and women, who are at the bottom of the queue, that is bound to build resentment.

But what is annoying is that there is no indication that there is any actual threats to the migrants, and of course it could just be a bunch of out of control teens who like to rampage through neighbourhoods causing trouble. However, if a non migrant reports teens throwing things at their house, being unruly etc the police just ignore it, it doesn't become a national news items with the owners of the houses being branded Nazis and the perps branded as racist thugs..

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: destination now

Yeah, usually when people scratch NF into people's front doors it's for racist reasons.

So it's a pretty good assumption that they are in fact racist Neo Nazi thugs.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

The charge of racism is overblown. Sure there are probably a few cases here and there, but still, despite the constant rhetoric promoting the fear of it, there has yet to be any significant racist atrocity, no racist holocaust, very little racist violence. I would dismiss it as utter nonsense, at least until it is true.

The only way to continue the anti-western sentiment of the far left media, even despite the west opening its doors while the gulf states do nothing, is to continue the narrative of of this masochism.
edit on 20-1-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Actually, that's not necessarily the case, I once had a neighbour with mental health issues and he carved IRA over all of the window sills in the common close, then would smash his house up and claim it was the IRA that did it...even though there were multiple witnesses who saw him do it himself.

Also people who like to throw eggs and stones at people's houses have a tendency to do things for effect and they probably think it's cool or something to scrawl graffiti like that. There haven't been any reports of anyone being physically attacked though, so I doubt anyone is in any danger.

My main point of this OP though is that the migrants are claiming their doors have been painted deliberately to single them out and are comparing their plight to the Jews in Nazi Germany who had the star of David put on their doors, when this is just not the case at all and if they're that bothered, they could just repaint their door ffs

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Agree, it is utter nonsense and that is why I posted it, it's totally absurd and is making a mountain out of a molehill and is actually likely to increase any tension with migrants rather than them just integrating into their communities and realising that they are not actually victims and that by working together in the communities they have moved into, perhaps they can work with long term residents to stamp out anti-social behaviour, which is indeed an endemic problem in the UK right now

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Agree, it is utter nonsense and that is why I posted it, it's totally absurd and is making a mountain out of a molehill and is actually likely to increase any tension with migrants rather than them just integrating into their communities and realising that they are not actually victims and that by working together in the communities they have moved into, perhaps they can work with long term residents to stamp out anti-social behaviour, which is indeed an endemic problem in the UK right now

It's more lucrative for the media to pander to people's victimhood than to report on the well-meaning and good citizens. The same goes for the underreported and ignored well-meaning and good migrants as well. We're really at the point where we cannot trust them at all, and one must go look for himself.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Making a mountain out of a molehill as usual. All the the Housing Association Houses in the towns where I live have blue, red or white doors. The doors are all identical except for colour. Everyone knows which houses are Housing Association House because of this they are easy to identify.

The truth of the matter is people in this Country who were born here are sick to death of coming last in the queue with EVERYTHING! And when I say born here I dont mean White British, I mean Black as well. Its got nothing to do with racism but bubbling resentment. Middlesbrough has huge unemployment and is one of the poorest parts of the Country. There are thousands of people on waiting lists who have been waiting years for a house. Some are homeless, some living in bedsits, some living in Bed and Breakasts and some living in run down, damp, private properties paying extorniate rent to cowboy landlords. Every time they house one of these asylum seekers they put people further behind on the waiting list. Why dont the Councils put them in bedsits etc the same type of accommodation normal Brits have to put up with and make them wait their turn. Why is there always an assumption that asylum seekers dont havs money? Plenty have had money to pay thousands to get here.

What builds up even more resentment is a lot are men and from Algeria, Afghanistan, Morocco. These arent the 20,000 Syrians the UK have said they will house, add them to the equation and it will be virtually impossible for British people to get affordable housing.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Once these people are housed they are also given priority with everything else so if children are involved they are given priority for school places. Many Brits are having to travel miles because there is no room at their local scholls. A lot of GP lists are closed and have massive waiting lists so if a British person has to move area for work etc they can find it really difficult to get on with a Dr. Asylum seekers are given a Dr regardless of whether there is a waiting list. Same with dentists. Many British people havent got a regular dentist because they are all full and so can only have emergency treatment but asylum seekers are given a dentist.

In my are of the Country we have been told 3 public swimming pools will have to close, libraries, there is rubbish everywhere apparently because of financial shortcomings in the Councils budget, they cant do regular street cleaning any more. Two of my friends who are teaching assistants have been told the Council will be making a lot redundant as they cant afford to employ them because of cutbacks. There are 10,000 on a housing waiting list! Our Council however is one of the Councils who have offered to take Syrian refugees, apparently they can afford to do that!

Also, there is a list on the Government website which tells asylum seekers what furnishings they are allowed in their new home some of the items are flat screened TV, Sky etc. There are many Brits who can only dream of these luxuries.

British people have had enough. The MPs such as David Cameron living in Oxford whose Council hasnt taken any asylum seekers or refugees hasnt got a clue when he looks out of the windows of his lovely house what normal British people have to look at all around them day in and day out and unfortunately that is the case with a lot of MPs they are just so far removed from reality in the UK it is untrue. The whole bloody establishment needs a good shake up and it needs some normal Brits to take the places of these ex private school cronies.a reply to: destination now

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Well this is the latest issue apparently for asylum seekers in the UK

The problem here is that these asylum seekers are being placed in communities that are already deprived.

If you struggle every day and live a life of deprivation and want, then you will hardly feel like celebration when people are placed in your community and get everything, or are perceived to get everything. Middlesborough is one of England's poorest towns.

This has probably got more to do with council stupidity by thinking its OK to treat people with preference over and above those who live in a place. This is people being resentful, rather than racism per se.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Totally agree, but apparently to show any resentment at what may be perceived as unfair bias in favour of migrants, now leads you to being labeled as a neo nazi racist thug

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

The Times identified 168 Jomast houses in one of the city’s poorest areas and discovered 155 had red doors. The newspaper knocked on 66 of the red-door homes and found asylum seekers housed at 62 of them.

This whole thing is beyond ridiculous. Off course the doors of these social housing will have the same color, and it happens to be red.

They didnt even check the other 89 so any flawed point they are trying to make isn't even backed up by anything.

Leftist drivel is all.
edit on 20-1-2016 by NeoSpartan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Totally agree, but apparently to show any resentment at what may be perceived as unfair bias in favour of migrants, now leads you to being labeled as a neo nazi racist thug

Yes. The charge of "racist" is used to close down debate and discussion. It helps in avoiding discussion because that exposes the truth that people are not racist, but the decision makers are out-of-touch and stupid.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
All these migrants moaning about the colour of the front door of their free houses...I bet the 8000 odd homeless ex servicemen wouldn't mind a front door of any damn colour.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
All these migrants moaning about the colour of the front door of their free houses...I bet the 8000 odd homeless ex servicemen wouldn't mind a front door of any damn colour.

I bet they would be grateful to just be given the same treatment as a migrant!!

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Yes. The charge of "racist" is used to close down debate and discussion. It helps in avoiding discussion because that exposes the truth that people are not racist, but the decision makers are out-of-touch and stupid.

Did you miss the part where national front symbols had been scratched on the doors?

The idea that the doors have been painted red to deliberately highlight that they are occupied by asylum seekers is pretty absurd. But that does not mean that the fact that they are painted red does not let racists idiots target them.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join