It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Doors make Asylum Seekers Targets of Racist Thugs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
I dont know about ALL the Country I said in my area where there are 10,000 on a waiting list a third if the stock that becomes vacant has to be put aside for asylum seekers.

I agree with the OP as well. These asylun seekers are being put in the most impoverished parts of the UK where there are huge problems with anti social behaviour and drug addiction. I myself live in such an area where the shops are regularlh targeted by hooded youths who scrawl graffiti and throw bricks etc. All the doors are eithet blue, red or green and look the same. The youths where I live go out in gangs of 30 or so if anyone confronts them about noise or to try and move them on their houses become targeted. A house near me was regularly eggec and the words "c**t" sprawled in huge letters all over front door and side of house, the person living there was white and elderly. I have had my car keyec, tyres let down for asking them to move on. My neighbour has had her fence set on fire.

An indian family moved here a few weeks ago. Nothing has happened yet but if it does will it be seen as racist or just welcome to the neighbourhood?

Our MPs seem oblivious to this though even though it is happening all over the Country. The local Policr where I live often get turrents of abuse from gangs and do nothing but walk on by. What are they supposed to do when they have no weapons and are confronted with a gang of 20 and the yobs know this. My sister was a Magistrate and gave it up cos she said she saw the same faces week in and week out and they just got a slapped wrist. The youths know they are untouchable and the Police dont see the point in going through the motions.

But ask any homeless person or young mother living in damp and rancid properties with their children where they would prefer to be and I bet they would snatch your hand to live in an house with a red doot. Perhaps the asylum seekers shoulld swap if the properties and the way of life isnt sufficient but it is as good as it gets and far better than a lot of poor British people have got. Perhaps they think they should be entitled to live in a leafy suburb well forget it Welcome to the UK!!a reply to: ScepticScot

Frankly based on what you describe I think you should be welcoming as many asylum seekers to your area as possible as I am sure they are a hell of a lot nicer than the local neds.

Asylum seekers complaining about racism does not in anyway mean you have a lesser right to complain about poverty in your area. That is fundamentally the problem with the debate on asylum in the UK this mentality propagated by the UK press that your problems are being made worse by asylum seekers. They are being made worse by indifferent/stupid/sociopathic government that predominantly looks after the interests of the top few percent of the country and expects everyone else to be happy with the scraps from the table. And if you not happy with the scraps you should blame it on your neighbour who has slightly better scraps because they are different colour/religion/nationality/sexuality.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: destination now
a reply to: ScepticScot

They are not getting racial abuse, they are having eggs, stones and graffiti on their doors...so do I and thousands of others, who helps me, who helps the thousands of others? We just have to get on with it and try our best to better the communities we live in...

And OK it was a labour mp (trust them to stir the pot) that made the Nazi remark, but it doesnt change the migrants initial complaint that they believed only migrants were housed in red door houses and they thought they were being put their deliberately and that that was the reason their houses were being attacked by yobs

sheesh it's really not that difficult, but go on, keep making more and more divisions in this society by conveniently forgetting all of the people who have been putting up with this sort of thing for years and nothing is done, then champion the cause of a few migrants and get things done for them...and just create more resentment,,,yes good one

See may answer above. Asylum seekers making complaints in no way reduces your right to complain. Maybe if you thought of them as being on the same side and suffering the same problems rather than as someone to blame you would bet somewhere.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   
They shouldnt have slightly better scraps though should they than the people who are paying taxes and were born here. Course it makes things worse for British people when people are comimg here thinking the streets are paved with gold and then expect preferential treatment and if they dont get it play the race card. Its got nothing to do with peoples colour, sexual orientation etc as you suggest. Thats a load of rubbish. I live in a multicultural area. I went to mixed scholls in the 70's and had friends from all walks of life. My Grandma's next doir neighbours were Indian. They mixed, the parents couldnt speak English but they learned bit by bit. They used to make curries for my Grandma in return for her help in learning English. They worked. They didnt expect to be treatec differently.

The migrants coming here these days seem to want to be treated better than British people. The fact of the matter is this Country spends billions in foreign aid to try and help people in their own countries, anything left in the pot should be usdd on British people and when their problems and lives have been improvec then invite the world in.

Anyway for once common sense seems to have prevailed and Cumbria Council have said they neec to look after their own people first who dont have homes because of floods rathet than giving houses to refugees. Lets hope other Councils follow their example.

To put things into perspective there are 10,000 on waiting lists in my Council and 20 housez become available each week so do the maths. How long will it take for some to get an house? I dont care what colour the British people are who go in these homes, I dong care what religion, I dont care what sexual orientation, I just care that they go to British people first who have paid into the system, so you trying to make it about prejudics is a load of rubbish. Why the hell should we have thousands of people homeless in this Country just to give homes to people who have come from circumstances where they are not sleeping on the streets?a reply to: ScepticScot

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   
They shouldnt have slightly better scraps though should they than the people who are paying taxes and were born here. Course it makes things worse for British people when people are comimg here thinking the streets are paved with gold and then expect preferential treatment and if they dont get it play the race card. Its got nothing to do with peoples colour, sexual orientation etc as you suggest. Thats a load of rubbish. I live in a multicultural area. I went to mixed scholls in the 70's and had friends from all walks of life. My Grandma's next doir neighbours were Indian. They mixed, the parents couldnt speak English but they learned bit by bit. They used to make curries for my Grandma in return for her help in learning English. They worked. They didnt expect to be treatec differently.

The migrants coming here these days seem to want to be treated better than British people. The fact of the matter is this Country spends billions in foreign aid to try and help people in their own countries, anything left in the pot should be usdd on British people and when their problems and lives have been improvec then invite the world in.

Anyway for once common sense seems to have prevailed and Cumbria Council have said they neec to look after their own people first who dont have homes because of floods rathet than giving houses to refugees. Lets hope other Councils follow their example.

To put things into perspective there are 10,000 on waiting lists in my Council and 20 housez become available each week so do the maths. How long will it take for some to get an house? I dont care what colour the British people are who go in these homes, I dong care what religion, I dont care what sexual orientation, I just care that they go to British people first who have paid into the system, so you trying to make it about prejudics is a load of rubbish. Why the hell should we have thousands of people homeless in this Country just to give homes to people who have come from circumstances where they are not sleeping on the streets?a reply to: ScepticScot

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   
It seems like the media reports have created the desired effect. Immigrants coming over here taking our homes and not being thankful for our generosity! Lap it up folks,

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

But I certainly don't blame the migrants for wanting to not stand out so as to be an easy target. And I don't blame them for complaining about what happened to them. Apparently you do.

But that's just the thing, they don't stand out anymore than anyone else..all the doors owned by certain housing associations are painted the same colour, it is not that migrants are being specifically targeted, it's just a really bad area. And I am NOT blaming them for complaining...I can't count the number of times I have complained about anti-social behaviour in my area, but my pleas fall on deaf ears, as do thousands of others, but somehow when it is migrants making complaints, it is taken very seriously, makes headline news and the Housing association are spending money, which comes from the tazpayer to repaint their doors...and it won't make any difference, the anti-social behaviour will continue in the area, because it's nothing to do with migrants living there! And you cannot just continue to throw money at repainting doors...I think it is far more important to try and address some of the other issues in the area, tackle the anti-social behaviour and then everyone can live in peace behind whatever colour door they have.

Also I do NOT blame the migrants for this making headline news, or for getting what they have asked for, but I do question why should this group be treated differently? Why not just explain that the door colour is not the problem, and tell them sorry, but we have lots of problems in this area, you're not the only ones who experience this, and then the politicians should start addressing the issues for all of the residents, not creating further division by calling the housing association Nazis and making it a racist incident when it's not, sadly, everyone in these areas of deprivation have these sort of problems and we need to fix it for EVERYONE.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Oh that's just ridiculous and you know it. Would you not rather see EVERYONE living in peaceful, safe communities? Tackle the REAL problems in these areas, don't invent new ones.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens
We are not talking about people expecting streets paved with gold. These are asylum seekers. People fleeing war and persecution. Not economic immigrants.
Try and understand that immigration and asylum are not the same thing.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Yeah and here we have soldiers traumatised from wars fought for our Country who have mental health problems and are sleeping rougj. We also have young people living on the streets because the alternative is facing sexual abuse from parents, caregivers or trauma for other reasons.

We have thousands of women living in refuges escaping domestic and sexual violence from ex partners who have children also traumatised from ehat they have seen (I volunteer un such places). They are living in a room sometimes with 2 or 3 children. They are women from every religion and culture and more from minorities.

I believe all the above people should be helped first and there are thousands and thousands of them.

Women and children refugees I dony have a problem. All the men saying they are asylum serkers I do. I dont believe they are all true asylum seekers. A lot have come to get out of National Service and a lot are economic migrants. Thankfully the law is presently being reviewed as to who can seek asylum. There are peoole coming from countries that hopefully wont be included in the future as a lot are relatively safe and far safef than sleeping on the streets in this country where young people can be forced into prostitution.

Then we have hundreds of thousands living in sheds or children living in rooms with cockroaches, bkack mould, damp whose health is at risk.

I happen to worry about my fellow Brits first and foremost whereas some dont seem to see these people and seem more concerned with people from other countries which I dont really understand.a reply to: ScepticScot

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: destination now

Agree, seems like they know how to use the race card all the time

somebody told them likely the ppl before them to use the race card in every moment they could

and the newspapers swallow it up as they was told to do

remember Germany who cheered and clapped for the "immigrants/whatever" pouring in from the trains

they are not cheering now or letting there daughters go out at all

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

Yep totally agree we should help these people but not clear how racial abuse and violence towards asylum seekers helps any of them?

Getting angry about the way we treat the poor homeless in this country is a great thing but lets get angry with the those who cause the problems. Not some poor family trying to flee a war zone and get a better life but the companies that avoid paying tax, or better yet the politicians who let them avoid paying tax.

Or even better again how about getting angry at an economic system that overwhelmingly favours a few percent of the population at the expense of the welfare of the general population.

If you want to help homeless veterans lets demand more and better social housing rather than demanding the pitifully inadequate supply we have left is not used to help people fleeing for their lives.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Maybe they should go fight for their homeland.

They could then have any color front door they like.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: PresidentCamacho

Yes unarmed and untrained men, women, children and elderly should just man up and take the fight to the well armed organised psychopathic religious fundamentalists ravaging their countries.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Yes unarmed and untrained men, women, children and elderly should just man up and take the fight to the well armed organised psychopathic religious fundamentalists ravaging their countries.

Do you think if a war arose in the U.S., Canada, UK, or Australia that the men would all run away to another land leaving their wives, mothers, sisters, grandmothers and children undefended at home? You make it sound like having all the soldier-age men run off leaving their society's more fragile demographic a normal, acceptable thing.

I don't think it is a normal acceptable thing. I think it sucks.
edit on 1/22/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

A majority of these "refugees" are men of fighting age.

They are cowards.

If someone invaded my homeland, I would die before tucking tail and running to another country let alone making outrages demands and terrorizing the locals.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Do you think if a war arose in the U.S., Canada, UK, or Australia that the men would all run away to another land leaving their wives, mothers, sisters, grandmothers and children undefended at home? You make it sound like having all the soldier-age men run off leaving their society's more fragile demographic a normal, acceptable thing.

I don't think it is a normal acceptable thing. I think it sucks.

What makes you think all the soldier age men have run off leaving the women and children behind?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

A majority of these "refugees" are men of fighting age.

They are cowards.

If someone invaded my homeland, I would die before tucking tail and running to another country let alone making outrages demands and terrorizing the locals.

Otherwise known as keyboard ninja says look how tough I am.
They are individual men with families to look after in the middle of a civil war between a well armed group of religious fanatics and a tyrannical government. You have absolutely no idea what you would do.
By outranges demands I assume you mean asking politely not to be racially abused and threatened.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I didnt vote Conservatives in. I believe those that did voted them in because they promised a referendum and labour didnt. People wanted this referendum so we could get out of the EU and the main reasons for this were to do with wanting controlled immigration because of the farce this Country has turned into. The othef r million went further and made their voices heard by voting UKIP and yet still the numbers keep going up.

I agree the government are the people we need to get angry with because of the way wealth is spent. I dont agree that this would stop a lot of the anger people feel. We are one of the most populated countries in the World and there is quality of life to look at as well. Roads are at a standstill in England and the answer isnt to build more roads, we treasure the beauty of our Country and shouldnt have to spoil that with concrete.

Time for other Countries to become as populated as us and then look again at letting people in. It is also a matter of national security. Cwe havent got a clue who is here.a reply to: ScepticScot

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Whatever happened to claiming asylum in the first safe country?

Until the only homeless natives in this country are incurable addicts with personality disorders that mean they can't settle, no one who wasn't born here should be getting any kind of house.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Whatever happened to claiming asylum in the first safe country?

Until the only homeless natives in this country are incurable addicts with personality disorders that mean they can't settle, no one who wasn't born here should be getting any kind of house.

What like the two million Syrian refuges in Turkey? We take a tiny proportion of refuges compared to most countries.
edit on 22-1-2016 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join