It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin Endorses Trump, Ensuring he can't beat Hillary/Bernie.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

Surely any votes that may have crossed over to Trump from the democratic side in the general election will now be lost?

Palin is as toxic as they come.

Sarah Palin, the former Alaska governor and 2008 vice-presidential nominee who became a Tea Party sensation and a favorite of grass-roots conservatives, will endorse Donald J. Trump in Iowa on Tuesday, officials with his campaign confirmed. The endorsement provides Mr. Trump with a potentially significant boost just 13 days before the state’s caucuses.

Palin is polarizing as can be, pretty much everyone on the left hate her...

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

If Donald Trump gets bumped out of the Republican primaries and runs as an independent third party candidate, 36 percent of Republicans and a whopping 19 percent of likely Democratic voters would support him, according to a new poll.

thehill.com...

About 20 percent of likely Democratic voters say they would buck the party and vote for Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump in a general election, according to a new poll.

edit on 19-1-2016 by Gully because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Gully

So Palin endorsed Trump.

The Communist Party of America endorsed Sanders.

I like Palin, she pisses people off.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
she pisses people off.

Yes she does.

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
ROTFL, a trainwreck endorsing a trainwreck. I know that's common in politics as it is, but these two are all but impossible to take seriously solo, let alone with mutual back-patting.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
So does he, and it doesn't seem to have bothered anyone.

I have to know though ... What do endorsements really matter? Has anyone ever really waited breathlessly for this or that person or newspaper to endorse a candidate so you could decide if you were really going to vote for them or not?

Honestly?

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Trumps a goofy sideshow......so he gets a goofy sidekick......they deserve each other......

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Sarah Palin has millions of followers. The left hates her and never misses the slightest chance to criticize her. But, there are millions of people that see the left for what they are and continue to see Sarah Palin for what she is.

This is a good endorsement for Trump.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Sarah Palin has millions of followers. The left hates her and never misses the slightest chance to criticize her. But, there are millions of people that see the left for what they are and continue to see Sarah Palin for what she is.

This is a good endorsement for Trump.

Ugh, I was reading an article about this at work this morning and the very first predictable comment was along the lines of "who cares what Caribou Barbie thinks, let her go back to her trailer trash family ..."

And I was thinking, "You obviously must care to some degree or else you wouldn't have bothered to spew that venom."

I'm not terribly fond of Hillary, but I don't go out of my way to stalk every article about her to post hateful remarks.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I think that title needs to be edited. This does not ensure anything. She has a huge following and this will surely cause issue with the 'Tea Party' folks who I am sure Cruz was counting on.

Mrs. Palin endorsed several of Mr. Trump’s Republican rivals in their statewide races, including Mr. Cruz during his Senate bid in Texas and Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky. Mr. Cruz, after his 2012 primary victory over the incumbent lieutenant governor, David Dewhurst, said he would not have made it to the Senate without Mrs. Palin’s backing.

To brush her off as not a threat is simply ignorant of the left.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Palin is actually really popular with the crowd of people that support Donald to begin with. I don't know why, but oh well.

Remember that McCain wasn't the greatest candidate until she came along pulling a lot of votes with her.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I stopped following Palin a while ago, not because I have any issues with her, but because she just dropped off my radar.

She can endorse whomever she wants, but it won't influence what I ultimately choose to do.

I still just don't understand why someone's endorsement is such a big deal.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

and continue to see Sarah Palin for what she is.

A brainless bimbo?

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
So does he, and it doesn't seem to have bothered anyone.

I have to know though ... What do endorsements really matter? Has anyone ever really waited breathlessly for this or that person or newspaper to endorse a candidate so you could decide if you were really going to vote for them or not?

Honestly?

Ed Miliband was doing rather well, despite the press haranguing him daily...

Then Tony Blair endorsed him.

It was downhill from there.
edit on 19-1-2016 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I swear. It's pathetic that people are so easily controlled by the opinions of others.

Why can't they form their own opinions and stick to them?

link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

and continue to see Sarah Palin for what she is.

A brainless bimbo?

And....heerrreee we go!

link   
The Left has no reason to hate Sarah Palin except for that she's not left wing. And for the side that claims to endorse woman's rights, the leftist media was particularly sexist against her.

"To the connoisseur of American political theater, the most entertaining aspect of the 2010 election season has been the rise of the right-wing cuties -- political celebrities whose main qualification is looking terrific on television. From where I sit, in a comfortable chair in front of the tube, the GOP Cupcake Factor has enlivened an otherwise dreary campaign season." ~ Gene Lyons (Salon)

"A brainless bimbo?" - crazyewok
edit on 19-1-2016 by TheTory because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
You know.....something that I've noticed:

For someone who "can not possibly win any election and become POTUS"....I keep wondering why so many people here on ATS yell about him.

I mean other than just pointing out something he said.

But there seems to be a LOT of worry going around about Trump.

I mean, look at O'Malley......I've not really seen a thread on him here on ATS.....and I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a chance. I mean, not when most people go "Who?"

That lack of face time is really killing him......

So it's pretty obvious that he's not going to be elected....and yet: no one is on here screaming about how he can't possibly be elected.

Trump on the other hand....wow....in some cases it looks like he already won. Seriously. I don't think I've seen more people so scared that he's going to win. I mean, he's had so many threads made about him on here, that there must be a really big concern that he's going to win.

At the very least, y'all are giving him just what he wants: Free Face Time.

In the mean time yes: his name is on your lips. Doesn't mater if it's in a good way, bad way, sideways way......that's his name you're yelling.

What a lot of free press he's getting........

I sit back and await YATT (Yet Another Trump Thread).

Remember the old saying? "You keep talking about it, it's going to happen"

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

he Left has no reason to hate Sarah Palin except for that she's not left wing.

Can you list her many accomplishments that would make her eligible to run for office? On the Municipal, State or Federal level?

Those questions were never answered during that campaign. The GOP were the sexist ones for putting her up in the first place. They wanted a twangy sounding, good looking soccer mom next to McCain.

She was wholly unqualified to run for office, that's why the left didn't like her. It didn't take much digging to realize that.

~Tenth
edit on 1/19/2016 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Here is a hypothetical for you.

Your main candidate loses and you would never support Trump and are left with Hillary and Bernie...

Let's say Bernie is your man because... Hillary and reasons...

Then out comes Obama and says "Bernie has my backing"...

Would you not then reconsider Trump of Hillary, well maybe not Hillary.
But you get my point.

Aside, despite Blair's endorsement I still voted for Labour and Miliband, so it doesn't always dissuade, but it can't be denied that a lot of Labour's "maybe votes" dissapeared when that War Criminal opened his lying mouth.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory
The Left has no reason to hate Sarah Palin except for that she's not left wing. And for the side that claims to endorse woman's rights, the leftist media was particularly sexist against her.

"To the connoisseur of American political theater, the most entertaining aspect of the 2010 election season has been the rise of the right-wing cuties -- political celebrities whose main qualification is looking terrific on television. From where I sit, in a comfortable chair in front of the tube, the GOP Cupcake Factor has enlivened an otherwise dreary campaign season." ~ Gene Lyons (Salon)

Well, there's that whole gigantic ignorant dumbass aspect, too. Ask her again how that Abstinence Only junk went for Bristol after 2 kids & no marriage so far. Not that I particularly care about the reproductive escapades of others, but Palin pandered with & banked on exactly that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join