It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin Endorses Trump, Ensuring he can't beat Hillary/Bernie.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: DBCowboy

It's kinda hard to be a Feminist and be a Tea Party member at the same time, the values don't really match up in most circles.

~Tenth

So it IS political.

Most equal rights movements end up being purely political after they've achieved their stated goals, in an effort to remain relevant.

~Tenth

You could write a book on that statement alone.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I don't necessarily approve of her reality TV stint, but if you look at Trump, it doesn't seem to necessarily be a losing strategy.

Her problem is that the media wouldn't forget her "cardinal sin" of not being a liberal feminist and daring to attempt to breach the halls of power from somewhere the elite had never heard of.

The media is capable of turning even Jesus into a villain these days.

that is not it, she simply wasn't qualified and the evidence is all on film. You can't blame the media for that.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Oh and it continues to be a carnival ride...

Sarah Palin's son Track arrested on domestic violence charges

Track Palin, son of failed vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin, is facing several charges in connection with an alleged domestic violence incident at the former Alaska governor's home Monday night.

According to a criminal complaint in the case filed by investigator Andrew Kappler, police responded to a 911 call at the home where a female said she had been punched in the face and mentioned the involvement of a firearm. Upon arrival, police found Track walking in the area with a “a visible injury to his right eye.” When asked about the call, Palin denied that a gun was involved but said several were in the home.

News just broke a bit ago. For a family espousing the break down of traditional family values they sure have their own issues...

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Oh and it continues to be a carnival ride...

Track Palin,

News just broke a bit ago. For a family espousing the break down of traditional family values they sure have their own issues...

I just said it is not right to bring the kids into the conversation, so I stopped reading past the first sentence.
edit on 19-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

It might be a story for another thread, about Track.

But I find it punitive to bring that up anywhere as he has such an odd family and a nutty mother that could have caused this. I think the local law enforcement can handle it and put him in jail or therapy or both.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The kiss of death.

Caribou Barbie will be sure to give the undecided voters to Bernie.

A wall blocking Alaska and Russia won't be too far off.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

She's a cheeleader.

Remember that popular girl from high school? The good looking one who always got her way, who everyone fawned over and was ultra popular? Always wanting attention?

That's Palin.

She was a big fish in a tiny, tiny pond up here. She craves -- rather needs attention. When the real work needs to be done, she tires of it and wants more limelight.

And just like the popular girl in school, she has a gang of thugs that stick up for her and her family's name. There are all kinds of people who have been gagged silent up here from speaking out due to fear of reprisal. You simply don't talk bad about the Palin's out in "the valley" (the geographical area of Wasilla) if you want to stay in business or keep your reputation.

She's not authentic at all. I've met her before. Several times.

Oh, and she's shorter than she seems.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg
The kiss of death.

Caribou Barbie will be sure to give the undecided voters to Bernie.

A wall blocking Alaska and Russia won't be too far off.

Making up funny names for people...I think it is against T&C and I will say it no matter who it is. It makes all of us look like idiots.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

See, I actually live here and had to have her as my Governor. Her "kid" is an adult, so it's not bringing "children" into anything. He rides of the coat tails of her success and is very much relevant -- considering the "conservative family values" that the family pretends to portray.

Whenever the Palin's make fools out of themselves, it reflects on me and the people of my home state. I can't go anywhere outside of Alaska without people hounding me about Palin. Oh, and the State Trooper show.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

See, I actually live here and had to have her as my Governor. Her "kid" is an adult, so it's not bringing "children" into anything. He rides of the coat tails of her success and is very much relevant -- considering the "conservative family values" that the family pretends to portray.

Whenever the Palin's make fools out of themselves, it reflects on me and the people of my home state. I can't go anywhere outside of Alaska without people hounding me about Palin. Oh, and the State Trooper show.

How would people outside Alaska automatically know you are from there and immediately hound you about Palin?

I do understand he is legally an adult. but 'riding her coattails'? It looks more like riding into destruction. I would leave the poor "kid" alone, and i did put that in quotes to avoid making it look like I mean he isn't legally an adult. I call anyone under 30 a kid sometimes.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I'm guessing your not a Ray Stevens fan

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg

I'm guessing your not a Ray Stevens fan

I briefly googled the name. A comedian?

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

She's a cheeleader.

Remember that popular girl from high school? The good looking one who always got her way, who everyone fawned over and was ultra popular? Always wanting attention?

That's Palin.

And you're just a guy on the internet.

That's quite crass to dismiss her because she was a cheerleader, good-looking, fawned-over and "ultra-popular", even though I doubt your insights. I don't wish to seem like I'm on a moral high-horse here, but such ad hominem is basically worthless.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I swear. It's pathetic that people are so easily controlled by the opinions of others.

Why can't they form their own opinions and stick to them?

Well I mean it's the Brits we're talking about. Apparently they are very good at queuing, which would indicate to me that they enjoy being told what to do.

I kid of course cousins.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

I think people are right to be concerned that there is a perceived support for this man, running on any platform.

I cannot express deeply enough how concerning it is that the people of a major world power, are even giving this blowhard moron a seconds thought as a candidate. The man has all the diplomacy of the town drunk, and can claim less moral fortitude as well. His business practices in the eighties, especially his dealings with tenants in property he purchased for redevelopment, were frankly scandalous, and he is the worst kind of monied man, the sort that thinks he earned it.

Couple that with the things he says about how he wants to deal with the country, and what the things he says suggest about how he might deal with foreign affairs, and the result is a man that you would not leave in charge of making the coffee, leave alone in the Oval Office, unsupervised, and without anyone above him. To give a man like Trump power, is no better a thing than to give someone who becomes sexually violent on steroids, an armful of Gym Juice when he is about to go into a Pilates class. Someone is getting the surprise of their life in there, and the scant protection offered by the Yoga pants of congress will not be enough to save the USA from a damned thorough screwing if he gets anywhere near the power button.

That's just how it is when you give a megalomaniac an inch. They take an entire landmass, and abuse it till its tear ducts rupture.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Sarah will quietly fade into the Bushes in the General election.

link   

a reply to: TheTory

he Left has no reason to hate Sarah Palin except for that she's not left wing.

Can you list her many accomplishments that would make her eligible to run for office? On the Municipal, State or Federal level?

Those questions were never answered during that campaign. The GOP were the sexist ones for putting her up in the first place. They wanted a twangy sounding, good looking soccer mom next to McCain.

She was wholly unqualified to run for office, that's why the left didn't like her. It didn't take much digging to realize that.

~Tenth

Can you name Obama's? He was wholly unqualified to run for office, that's why the right didn't like him. It didn't take much digging to realize that. Yet here we are.

link   

As soon as anyone asks where I'm from, introduced to someone or they seem my ID, then come the questions. As someone born and raised here I've gotten used to the questions:

-yes, we have grass
-no, igloos aren't a "thing" ...they're sort of like what we consider tents to the Native Alaskans
- no, I've never met any of the guys on the Trooper show. I try to stay out of trouble
-Yes, moose do walk through our yards even in town
-Yes we get paid to live here, it's called a dividend from the oil revenue (which is sadly dwindling as oil prices are low)
-you either get used to the darkness, go crazy, or leave
-we use the same money as everywhere else
-USPS shipping costs the same
-We have Olive Garden, Target, Walmart, Nordstroms, Bass Pro, Cabellas, Taco Bell, Staples, and just about every other major chain here. Bethel even as a Subway. Not sure how you "eat fresh" way out there though...

I did have a guy convinced I had a pet polar bear and rode a dog sled to/from work. I told him I traded seal furs and upgraded to a snowmobile (we call them snowmachines, not snowmobiles here. Saying snowmobile is like calling your car an automobile all the time. 'I drove my automobile to work'...just sounds weird).

The linked article was from the local newspaper here in town -- not some national one. It'll be interesting to see if the national media outlets pick it up. Coincidence on the same day of Sarah's announcement. I'm guessing that she wanted back into the spotlight.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Gully

So Palin endorsed Trump.

The Communist Party of America endorsed Sanders.

I like Palin, she pisses people off.

She is a waste of space. She used Alaska as her personal kingdom. She is absolutely vapid. You like her?

Can say the exact same about a lot of democrats. Wonder how Detroit, Chicago and California are doing right now.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: xuenchen
McCain/Palin got 60 million votes in 2008.

Had that been Palin/McCain, Obama may have never been elected.

This will be interesting.

And the USA would likely be in full blown war with Iran, be at war in Syria and could very well be at war in Ukraine.

Instead of Obamacare you would have got the draft and thousands of dead Americans in more pointless wars for a senile old war monger.

Obama may have turned out to be a crappy president but do t go thinking McCain would have been better.

You assume. He didn't win so we don't know what would have happened. Not that I like him or anything.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I certainly don't.

...and if her endorsement does wreck his Presidential bid? Wooooo-hooooooo!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join