It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin Endorses Trump, Ensuring he can't beat Hillary/Bernie.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Can you list her many accomplishments that would make her eligible to run for office? On the Municipal, State or Federal level?

Those questions were never answered during that campaign. The GOP were the sexist ones for putting her up in the first place. They wanted a twangy sounding, good looking soccer mom next to McCain.

She was wholly unqualified to run for office, that's why the left didn't like her. It didn't take much digging to realize that.

She was the first woman and the youngest Governor of Alaska. I'm not sure what your point is.

How many GOP members did you talk to in regards to Sarah Palin? I'm just wondering how you know they wanted a twangy sounding, good looking soccer mom next to McCain

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Well, there's that whole gigantic ignorant dumbass aspect, too. Ask her again how that Abstinence Only junk went for Bristol after 2 kids & no marriage so far. Not that I particularly care about the reproductive escapades of others, but Palin pandered with & banked on exactly that.

I thought it was Sarah, not Bristol Palin, who ran.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: TheTory

he Left has no reason to hate Sarah Palin except for that she's not left wing.

Can you list her many accomplishments that would make her eligible to run for office? On the Municipal, State or Federal level?

Those questions were never answered during that campaign. The GOP were the sexist ones for putting her up in the first place. They wanted a twangy sounding, good looking soccer mom next to McCain.

She was wholly unqualified to run for office, that's why the left didn't like her. It didn't take much digging to realize that.

~Tenth

If that statement holds any truth, then was the left Racist for putting Obama up there because he was black? Lets face it they both had the same credentials, neither had any experience. Pot meet Kettle

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpaDe_

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

he Left has no reason to hate Sarah Palin except for that she's not left wing.

~Tenth

If that statement holds any truth, then was the left Racist for putting Obama up there because he was black? Lets face it they both had the same credentials, neither had any experience. Pot meet Kettle

Good point.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Considering you put me in a no win hypothetical even before you had Obama open his mouth ...

I would have actually gone with Trump in that scenario. Bernie is about the last candidate I would consider seriously. I have some serious doubts about his understanding of basic economics and we've already had that for past 8 years.

But I digress.

I may not like a person or agree with them, but if they decide to endorse someone I was thinking of voting for, I am not going to that dissuade me if I truly think that person is the one for the job.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Palin is polarizing as can be, pretty much everyone on the left hate her...

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

If Donald Trump gets bumped out of the Republican primaries and runs as an independent third party candidate, 36 percent of Republicans and a whopping 19 percent of likely Democratic voters would support him, according to a new poll.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Gully

So Palin endorsed Trump.

The Communist Party of America endorsed Sanders.

I like Palin, she pisses people off.

She is a waste of space. She used Alaska as her personal kingdom. She is absolutely vapid. You like her?

link   

She was the first woman and the youngest Governor of Alaska. I'm not sure what your point is.

Neither of those things make her qualified to do anything. Considering she quit that job, before her term was up and didn't really accomplish much of anything as Governor.

I'm just wondering how you know they wanted a twangy sounding, good looking soccer mom next to McCain

I find it hard to believe the McCain passed over the dozens of much more qualified VP possibilities for anything else but imagine and the women's vote.

Again, what reasons could they have had to choose her, other than image?

~Tenth

link   
McCain/Palin got 60 million votes in 2008.

Had that been Palin/McCain, Obama may have never been elected.

This will be interesting.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I think she was treated unfairly, whether I like her or not has no bearing on that.

link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
ROTFL, a trainwreck endorsing a trainwreck. I know that's common in politics as it is, but these two are all but impossible to take seriously solo, let alone with mutual back-patting.

I will borrow "christ on a pogo stick' in regard to people that like her.

link   
a reply to: SpaDe_

That argument doesn't hold water.

Obama was ELECTED by voters to be the nominee. Sarah was CHOSEN by the GOP & McCain.

Big difference.

ETA: Actually a lot of people did vote for Obama because of racial reasons, they just don't want to admit it.

~Tenth
edit on 1/19/2016 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
So does he, and it doesn't seem to have bothered anyone.

I have to know though ... What do endorsements really matter? Has anyone ever really waited breathlessly for this or that person or newspaper to endorse a candidate so you could decide if you were really going to vote for them or not?

Honestly?

It doesn't bother anyone that he p*sses people off?

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

a reply to: reldra

I think she was treated unfairly, whether I like her or not has no bearing on that.

I never understood why she didn't get the backing of feminists.

Unless the feminist movement is purely political. . .

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Sarah Palin has millions of followers. The left hates her and never misses the slightest chance to criticize her. But, there are millions of people that see the left for what they are and continue to see Sarah Palin for what she is.

This is a good endorsement for Trump.

She is an easy target. It is not that she is a good and smart person and I just feel the need to criticize her out of the blue.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It's kinda hard to be a Feminist and be a Tea Party member at the same time, the values don't really match up in most circles.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

She isn't their kind of feminist.

She was too much the traditional mother type, too Christian (openly), dared to have a special needs child and endorse that decision rather then abort it ... oh, and she was not a democrat.

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
McCain/Palin got 60 million votes in 2008.

Had that been Palin/McCain, Obama may have never been elected.

This will be interesting.

And the USA would likely be in full blown war with Iran, be at war in Syria and could very well be at war in Ukraine.

Instead of Obamacare you would have got the draft and thousands of dead Americans in more pointless wars for a senile old war monger.

Obama may have turned out to be a crappy president but do t go thinking McCain would have been better.

link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Sarah Palin has millions of followers. The left hates her and never misses the slightest chance to criticize her. But, there are millions of people that see the left for what they are and continue to see Sarah Palin for what she is.

This is a good endorsement for Trump.

Ugh, I was reading an article about this at work this morning and the very first predictable comment was along the lines of "who cares what Caribou Barbie thinks, let her go back to her trailer trash family ..."

And I was thinking, "You obviously must care to some degree or else you wouldn't have bothered to spew that venom."

I'm not terribly fond of Hillary, but I don't go out of my way to stalk every article about her to post hateful remarks.

I won't call Sarah odd names like that. I will logically state her lack of intelligence and tact, though.

link   
There's quite a few Republicans in Alaska that hate her too. She ditched out of her job halfway through her term as Gov. because she didn't like it.

Most people I know up here in Alaska wish she'd just go away.
edit on 19-1-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join