It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Christians celebrate the will of the devil to murder Jesus?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Well the Romans were Pagan so I'm sure we can find a connection. But putting two pieces of wood together makes an easy and powerful symbol for ones religion

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Because He rose again afterwards.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

So why not just have pictures and honor his Rising than his dying?

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

you really think the cross has that meaning to Christians

Churchianity isn't Christianity.

What Churchians practice can hardly be called spiritual.
edit on 16-1-2016 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
If Jesus was the sacrificial Lamb of God then his father willingly sacrificed his Son of God so he was a willing sacrifice and God is taking ultimate responsibility for this. That is the lesson of the sacrifice of the Son of God Jesus.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: intrptr

Really? I don't even know how to respond. you really think the cross has that meaning to Christians when you can google it? Please just don't even respond I'm just here to see the usual hate and BS spewed by most of you.

"It represents Jesus' victory over sin and death, since it is believed that through his death and resurrection he conquered death itself." and much more I'm sure I'm not Christian

You can hate the church and Christians but don't just spew bias lies or is it just ignorance?

Could not have said it better. The usual disinformation thread.

This will explain it.

This is the most terrifying truth.... about God... Completely terrifying.

edit on 17-1-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: chr0naut

So why not just have pictures and honor his Rising than his dying?

We have those (pictures that honor Jesus' rising from the dead), too.

Thing is, people chose the cross as a symbol. It wasn't God ordained, in fact, God gave an explicit instruction to NOT do so:

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me; and shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. — Exodus 20:4-6 (KJV)

But people don't listen... they never listen.

edit on 17/1/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
To the OP.

Jesus died as the ultimate payment for man’s sins. Whether you are a believer, or not, this was the end game. Jesus was essentially a sacrificial lamb.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Christians celebrate Jesus taking responsibility for their sin
Humanity will be judged for the laws they have broken, death is the sentence, that's just simply what the cost of sin is, it equals death

Jesus accepted death so those who serve Him will be able to accept His death in their position

We celebrate christs death as a free gift, undeserved, a stranger giving us everything we could want(spiritually), offering us His life instead of losing ours
He deserves to be celebrated, as for the cross, it's an individual thing some choose to remember him by

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

"The cross symbolizes the sacrifice of Jesus made for the world, suffering the punishment that humanity deserves for their crimes against each other and against God.
Christians believe that suffering is not the fault of God, but the fault of humans due to free will being in place."

Let me get this straight.......Jesus, who is GOD, suffered the punishment that humanity deserved, but, that's not GOD's fault, because "free will".

So, "free will" wasn't GOD's invention? Free will was humanity's fault?

Good thing that you're not a Christian. Otherwise, I might have to challenge your logic.

edit on 17-1-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It occurs to me to revise this somewhat.

Even had they rejected Christ as who He said He was and turned their back on His teachings ... was there a need to kill Him for speaking counter to what they believed?

If the God they professed to believe in was a God of mercy, love, and forgiveness, then no, there should not have been that need, drive and desire to kill Him simply for speaking a belief counter to their own. All they had to do was reject it and Him and it should have been enough.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Free will?
It's a serious issue
How could we be human without free will, how could we experience, grow and learn without free will
If God didn't give us free will we would be robots existing
God created humans for a relationship, can't have a relationship. With a robot

Sin leads to judgement, death.
God chose His own death so those who choose Christ could accept his death in their place.
a judge sentences his own son for a crime and then pays the fine

God gave man free will and we abused it and will suffer the consequences for our actions

Christianity is a faith, there are still lots of issues we as Christians are working through.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No
Jesus challenged the authority of the rulers of the day, the Sadducees and the Pharisees
The authority's were losing power and they needed a reason to execute Him

The Jews could not allow Jesus to live as He upset their control.
That and He also claimed to be God, that on its own deserved a death sentence f He wasn't God

If the Jewish rulers accepted Christ as God then they lost their power
Also the God the Jews understood was a God of authority, they didn't see the loving merciful God, the authority's chose the legalistic side of God that justified their authority

Imagine Jews calling God "Our Father" it wasn't logical to them

Then there was a spiritual side as well.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

God created humans for a relationship, can't have a relationship. With a robot

Like I said in another thread, Christian's definition of the gift of "free will" that their god supposedly gave us, is nothing more than an obedience test for the afterlife.

Sin leads to judgement, death.

What is sin? Why do all natural things die? What crime against GOD did a rose bush or an ant colony commit?

a judge sentences his own son for a crime and then pays the fine

That doesn't sound like a very good father.

God gave man free will and we abused it and will suffer the consequences for our actions

If the result of practicing free will is punishment, then it isn't free will.

Christianity is a faith, there are still lots of issues we as Christians are working through.

I don't have an issue with imperfect people of any genre, I have a problem with projecting self loathing in the name of their god.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Great words.

God is infinite Love. There is no need for sacrifice.

The Law of Life is Love not death. This death cult that asks of you to have faith in vicarious atonement is a Controller religion. Be as sheep for how else will you be willingly devoured by the Wolves, your reward awaits you in the afterlife
(while we have our cake and eat it too)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

"The cross symbolizes the sacrifice of Jesus made for the world, suffering the punishment that humanity deserves for their crimes against each other and against God.
Christians believe that suffering is not the fault of God, but the fault of humans due to free will being in place

we get it, its Christianity 101. Its great this "free will" get out of jail card, let God off the hook. Unfortunately it doesnt address the issue of why an Omniscient god lost track of Adam in The Garden, allowing the fall

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

You are not going to listen, your logic is flawed and self centered

Christ came to free us from sin, you sound bound in it, i am not the one struggling from self Loathing, lashing out and fighting

It's not for me to play this game

If you can think beyond your own walls you will stop talking punishment and start thinking ( requires thought)
justice.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The usual disinformation thread.

No there is a reason why the followers will claim as such; Its too hard to swallow that their death cult religion takes its roots from mithraism/zoroastian/roman. What better way to transform a dying Roman Empire than to hide the truth in plain sight?

The deception is complete with the demiurge remaining in control. The Mayans also practised blood sacrifice, where's the difference?

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Christ came to free us from sin, you sound bound in it, i am not the one struggling from self Loathing, lashing out and fighting

Right...........'cuz you're one of the "chosen" and I'm a wretchedly flawed filthy rag of an individual,in the eyes of your god, bound in sin and bound for hell, in a pretty flowered hand basket.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Christ came to free us from sin, you sound bound in it,
'
No you are bound by it, winword isn't playing to your rules and you cant accept it. We can accept love easier, because there is no contradiction; you thrive on misery and judge all non christians, as if they are missing something in your eyes that is special.

We dont accept free gifts from an innocent man who was murdered as that would be a form of theft. You are bound in original sin, and therefore feel guilt, and that is the standard that you judge others by. You are certainly as bound to the Law as the legalistic pharisees. You just cant see it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join