It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Christians celebrate the will of the devil to murder Jesus?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Windward
I am not a Calvinist
Your anger and hate is spewed in the wrong direction

Calvinists are a very small and arrogant group of Christians, think Wesboro

We are all filthy rags, just what we are

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Taking on responsibility and punishment for people's 'sins' or crimes is not something that should be celebrated.

If someone commits a crime they should do the time, take the lashes etc and not somebody else. It's incredibly immoral.

Almost as immoral as a human blood sacrifice of your own son (who's also yourself)..made to yourself to create a loophole for the rules you made...

Who would believe this????

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

But, you DO think that you're special because you're a Christian, who has no sin, and I am a non-believer, therefore, destined to hell, while you "chose" heaven. Any humanistic argument that I may put forth in mine or in the defense of mankind against this judgmental and bungling god you represent, you deflect as ignorance, hostility and based in self centered evil.

So, you may not call yourself a Calvinist, but in reality, you DO think that you're special because of your Christianity, in your god's eyes. And, you come off that way too.

edit on 17-1-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
If you want to be real about it, crucifying Jesus was God's plan, Satan works for, and helped God accomplish his goal. Don't blame Satan for what God made him do.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369It doesn't even shock me anymore what people will believe.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
Taking on responsibility and punishment for people's 'sins' or crimes is not something that should be celebrated.

If someone commits a crime they should do the time, take the lashes etc and not somebody else. It's incredibly immoral.

Almost as immoral as a human blood sacrifice of your own son (who's also yourself)..made to yourself to create a loophole for the rules you made...

Who would believe this????

there are people who will sell anything if it makes them rich off of people who will buy anything if it saves them from their crippling self-disappointment.

its a vicious cycle.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Christians don't worship Jesus because he died in a painful way...they worship him because he died to regain what Adam had lost.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLambJesus never asked for worship, insisting only God was good. Truthfully, in the entire new testament, Jesus never says " I am God" He does his will as though they were one, but even admits inferiority to God. So the pagan based trinity doctrine of three EQUAL gods in one is fallacious. Jesus was the Messiah but he was not God.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Gnosisisfaith

Jesus never asked for worship, insisting only God was good. Truthfully, in the entire new testament, Jesus never says " I am God" He does his will as though they were one, but even admits inferiority to God. So the pagan based trinity doctrine of three EQUAL gods in one is fallacious. Jesus was the Messiah but he was not God.

You statement makes no sense. The Messiah is God, so if he was the Messiah he was God....Jews even try and stone him from claiming to be God in John 8 Jesus says, “Very truly I tell you, before Abraham was born, I am!” The Jews react to this by attempting to stone Him. Two chapters later we find Jesus before another group of Jews in John 10 in which the Jews try to stone him for "him a mere man making his self out to be God." The problem is you will not accept these statements because they don't fit your predetermined view of the world.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb
Well everything I said is supported by the bible. Messiah has an entirely different definition than God. The Jews waiting for the Messiah never expected him to be a god, that wasn't in there prophecies. Other people accused him of saying he was God, but "I am God, worship me" is not something Jesus ever said. So if it doesn't make sense to you, those are all still facts, everything I said is supported by scripture.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLambI'd encourage you to enquire as to what the Jewish expectations of the Messiah are. God isn't one of them, or else they wouldn't have tried to stone him. If they were expecting the Messiah to be God, they wouldn't have been pissed off. And the definition of Messiah and God aren't the same, at all. If anyone says that messiah means god, I don't care if it's in the dictionary, it's a lie. But the dictionary probably doesn't, unless it's SPECIFICALLY talking about christians personal beliefs. Any Jew will tell you they are not waiting for God in the flesh. The Jewish Messiah would be human as Solomon.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Yes I think I am special because I am a filthy rag who has accepted Christ as savior and His forgiveness
I deserve dearh, have been pardoned, I celebrate that.

I do have sin, what would make you think I don't?

You keep talking of judgement, it's justice
Your hostility is amazing, I

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLambAnything else I can clear up for ya? Happy to help. I'd just like to state, if Jesus did say word for word, "I am God" or ever requested worship as a God, Id like to know where.

edit on 17-1-2016 by Gnosisisfaith because: error

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Gnosis faith, you are just simply wrong
Christ is both human and of the father, the same as light and heat are projections of the sun
Jesus Acknowledged himself as God, that was one of the main reasons He was crucified
John 10.30
Also Christ never asked for worship though when He was worshiped (think perfume poured over His head) He accepted that worship

We disagree

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

While most CATHOLIC churches do have a crucified Christ everywhere in their churches.

The symbol of his death the cross is in others because of its importance. Even Paul talks of its being the center of our salvation and relationship with Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Galatians 6:12 As many as desire to make a fair shew in the flesh, they constrain you to be circumcised; only lest they should suffer persecution for the cross of Christ.

Galatians 6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

Ephesians 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Philippians 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Philippians 3:18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I guess if you don't look at the evidence or care about facts I could be wrong. But everything I said is in the bible, and can easily be supported. I find it strange you equate worship with washing, which was more intimate than anything. Devotion yes, worship no. I stated two facts, Jesus never said "I am God or a God. And that he never asked to be worshipped. Those are facts beyond dispute with the Holy Bible as proof. I have yet to be refuted on those 2 claims. Stating that I am simply wrong aint gonna change that. Word for word Jesus never says I am God. Not once. He says God is greater than he is, so they aren't equal. Fact is he was the Messiah, not God.
edit on 17-1-2016 by Gnosisisfaith because: error

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

While god is love you cannot avail the benefits of that love without faith on his son Jesus Christ pre and post cross

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Saul the Pharisee is a false prophet, why are you teaching about a liar and the first person to corrupt the teachings of Christ?

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Gnosisisfaith

Yeah right!

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

So you think women who talk in church should have their heads shaved? You must hate women that's wrong. He was demon possessed, what's your excuse?Y

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join