It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Christians celebrate the will of the devil to murder Jesus?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

So you think women who talk in church should have their heads shaved? You must hate women that's wrong. He was demon possessed, what's your excuse?Y

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: windword

Yes I think I am special because I am a filthy rag who has accepted Christ as savior and His forgiveness
I deserve dearh, have been pardoned, I celebrate that.

I do have sin, what would make you think I don't?

You keep talking of judgement, it's justice
Your hostility is amazing, I

But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin.

No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.
1John 3:5-6

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Gnosisisfaith

Let's put it in context and then look at the last verse in the context for you who would be contentious about this issue.

1 Corinthians 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

1 Corinthians 11:2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.

1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

1 Corinthians 11:4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.

1 Corinthians 11:5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

1 Corinthians 11:6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.

1 Corinthians 11:7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.

1 Corinthians 11:8 For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man.

1 Corinthians 11:9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

1 Corinthians 11:10 For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.

1 Corinthians 11:11 Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.

1 Corinthians 11:12 For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.

1 Corinthians 11:13 Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?

1 Corinthians 11:14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

1 Corinthians 11:15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

1 Corinthians 11:16 But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

You see take a verse out of context and you can say the bible says many things it does not.

Paul has no custom of shaving women's heads for speaking in church nor did he command that they be. You are in error not knowing the word of God. But then again you don't believe it anyway so my point is most likely moot.

He is just using let her be shorn as a dramatic effect but in the end he says they have no such command to shave a woman.

Also consider the Historical and cultural context as well.

None of it is for today other wise men would not have long hair in church either.

You already called me a woman hater over a false teaching you give on a woman talking in church issue that I did not subscribe too.

No, I do not think any woman should have her head shaven for talking in church.

edit on 17-1-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
So you think it's a disgrace for women to speak in church? That's what Paul said. Misogynist false prophet that he is. And don't try explaining how he really meant something else or it was a different time. A great man wouldn't say that. Jesus wouldn't say that.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

His views were cultural and have no bounds on me or any Christian then or now.

Stop creating a false teaching, Context is about order in the church in those days.

Think deeply on what Jesus literally said when he told the Syrio Phoecian woman when he said it was not good to give a dog (speaking of her) what was meant for the children.

No, I don't think it is a disgrace for women to speak in church. But it is a shame for anyone who would be speaking during the teaching of God's word.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

So you're agreeing he was a false prophet! Cool good for you for waking up

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

He said women should be subordinate. What a misogynist. He was pro slavery too. His words are worthless. Hes worthless. And a liar.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

No You are, teaching false teachings about Paul that are contrary to the word of God.

He was correct in correcting the Corinthians for having such unruly, disorganized and down right wicked fellowship meetings. and that is what the larger context of 1Corinthians 12-14 are all about.

Not once did he ever shave a woman for speaking in church nor did he command that anyone else do it. He was just using it for effect to get people to keep it orderly in church so people could learn the word of God.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

You spend a lot of time making excuses for why your religion makes sense but don't understand it yourself. But you know you are just one of those people who likes to appear holy. If you knew how little you knew you'd cry yourself to sleep every night. Religion is a den of theives and snake oil salesmen, the rest are blind followers being taken by the oldest scam on earth.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I am not a religious nor part of any organized religion

I have never given you any reason to think I am being holy, I am holy only because Jesus made me holy.

Ephesians 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Christianity is a religion. That is a fact. Religion was created to decieve, for better or worse, it's a way for govenments to control their subjects. It's a business. It's rooted in faith, and abandoning logic. It seeks to define God, but can't prove he exists. People use it to gain entry to heaven. Christians preach fear and guilt, and take advantage of people. The bible says non Christians go to Hell. Unless they repent and convert. What would you do to avoid hell? Youd become a Christian. That's evil and devious psychological manipulation and you are ok with it. I like truth and reason and the bible is not a true story. It's a profitable myth. One that will never decieve me because I've seen Paulianitys true colors

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

An issue in respect to the death of Jesus Christ is the fact, that every other culture that was near Israel. Actually prior to Jesus being born declared the existence of gods that could raise the dead. We are talking the Greeks, Romans and Persians that actually claimed to have a god that lived 33,000 years. Then of course is what in general that atheist present in relation to how different prophets were no different that Jesus Christ in all respects.

Revelations in the Holy Bible offers Jesus as the lamb in sacrifice so that man could survive. Could that have been because 2000 years ago, the idea of an Israelite. Being able to raise the dead was relatable to bigotry, In the sense such a person, with that cultural background, given he was able to what he claimed, was unacceptable, because of his race?

It presents an interpretation of the Book of Revelations and related to Racism as the sin that sends people to something beyond hell, as a result of Racism.
edit on 17-1-2016 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gnosisisfaith
Religion was created to decieve...

This is true...

In FACT, your post proves it, so does the OP BTW.

Gnosticism is...

• a religion ✔
• created to deceive ✔
• abandons logic and takes advantage of people ✔
• evil and devious psychological manipulation ✔
• not a true story and is a myth ✔

edit on 18-1-2016 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
Why glorify the will of the devil?

It's not Christians who celebrate the will of the devil, but you who does.

Here's what Jesus told Peter when Peter suggested that Jesus didn't need to die...

Matthew 16:21-23

21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.

22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.

23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

So many people underestimate how God works. He uses a combination of both good and evil to fulfill his GREATER PURPOSE. Just like allowing one of Jesus' disciples (Judas Iscariot) to throw Jesus under the bus so that mankind as a whole could be saved from eternal death and have eternal life instead.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme It's not celebrating murder. It's appreciating the sacrifice God made for us to give us eternal life. It's not for everyone, apparently, because you have to accept it to get it. As you can see in this forum, as in many on Christianity, the posts are an attack on Christianity without substance. For example, one must prove to you that God exists, or else you believe it is all a fable. However, there are good scientific evidences to prove that there must be a creator; and, if there is a creator, there that creator must be outside of time and space, be more powerful than the creation, be smart enough to create a highly complex existence, etc. We call that God, because to us God is omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient. Since God is perfect by comparison to us, we cannot endure being in his presence where he dwells unless we are transformed. That transformation occurs through the sacrifice of God as a payment for our imperfection, thereby making us perfect and capable of coexisting in his presence.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Gnosisisfaith Christianity is a religion, true. However, it was not made to deceive. It does not abandon logic, and it is not necessary to prove that God exists (although it is the only logical explanation for the existence of the Universe). There are plenty of scientific evidences to prove the authenticity of the Bible. It is the most verified ancient scripture on Earth. The text is highly accurate (drawing from over 50,000 copies). There is over 50,000 archaeological evidences. The predictive prophecies of the Bible came true (for example, 333 prophecies predicted Jesus and were fulfilled by Him). www.equip.org...

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jim Scott
a reply to: Gnosisisfaith Christianity is a religion, true. However, it was not made to deceive. It does not abandon logic, and it is not necessary to prove that God exists (although it is the only logical explanation for the existence of the Universe). There are plenty of scientific evidences to prove the authenticity of the Bible. It is the most verified ancient scripture on Earth. The text is highly accurate (drawing from over 50,000 copies). There is over 50,000 archaeological evidences. The predictive prophecies of the Bible came true (for example, 333 prophecies predicted Jesus and were fulfilled by Him). www.equip.org...

sacrificing yourself to yourself to create a loophole in the rules you made so as to indebt all of humanity to yourself. nothing illogical about that at all. and giving a kid candy laced with narcotics is good business etiquette too, i suppose.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

originally posted by: Gnosisisfaith
Religion was created to decieve...

This is true...

In FACT, your post proves it, so does the OP BTW.

Gnosticism is...

• a religion ✔
• created to deceive ✔
• abandons logic and takes advantage of people ✔
• evil and devious psychological manipulation ✔
• not a true story and is a myth ✔

checked a mirror lately? might help if you plan on extracting that plank from your face.

second verse same as the first.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid
Gnosis means to have knowledge. Gnosticism is a quest for knowledge. I don't believe in silly myths and I like the word.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroidthere are no Gnostic churches TOO deceive me, I don't go to church and am very hard to decieve. What you think Gnosticism is is not what I do. And Gnosticism got shafted in the grand scheme, I don't believe in anything that is not subject to change if I learn it to not be true so I haven't abandoned logic. Hell it aint even a religion but a philosophy. Knowledge over faith. Get it now?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join