It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood Files Federal Lawsuit Against Group Behind Undercover Sting Videos

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
jezebel.com...

Planned Parenthood’s California affiliate filed a civil lawsuit Thursday against the people behind the Center for Medical Progress, the anti-abortion group who made a series of undercover videos targeting PP. The lawsuit accuses the CMP and its officers of violating federal racketeering laws, as well as both federal and state laws against invasion of privacy and trespassing.

Planned Parenthood is going on the offense and rightfully so after the smear campaign imitated by the devious CMP. I'll definitely be following this law suit and am very curious to see what comes from it. Still to this day, PP is taking heat for the "sting" videos as states continue to try and defund them.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
Still to this day, PP is taking heat for the "sting" videos as states continue to try and defund them.

Exactly. In other news, this just happened:
Kansas Governor Cuts Off Planned Parenthood Funding

Here's Governor Brownback's reasoning for this:

"No longer will we send the money of hard-working Kansans to fund an industry that disrespects life and violates the moral conscience of our people," Brownback said in a statement.

I wonder where he got THAT rhetoric from?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

And why is he just doing it now...

Because it is pandering time!
Otherwise why would he just target PP and not the other places people can go for abortions.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I keep wishing that charges get levied against CMP and as a result CMP gets splashed all over the media headlines for weeks on end over their trial like what happened to PP. Let CMP get judged by the media for a change and see how they like it.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
my first question is are they really suing? the reason I ask is that I've seen similar headlines before and they were talking about the NAF lawsuit and assumed that as one of the member's of NAF, well, they were just letting them take it on. after all planned parenthood spends enough money on courts and lawsuits. If they are jumping into it, and I do hope they do, well I also hope that it means that they've gotten word as to how the NAF suit will turn out and fully expect a positive outcome.

edited to add...
found the answer!! yep they are!!!

prochoice.org...
edit on 14-1-2016 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

How ignorant are these politicians trying to defund PP? None of them have been successful yet they still do this. Morons that should be voted out of office ASAP!

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Seems like Planned Parenthood has a good case. I wish them luck.

I hope they not only win their case, but also are awarded damages in an amount that completely buries CMP forever. And I hope that such a win sends a message to anyone else out there that such shenanigans are not acceptable.

And furthermore I hope that any and all criminal charges are pursued most vigorously against CMP, its employees and their other illegal cohorts involved with this scheme.

It's unacceptable that a "confidence game" like this has so unnecessarily upset a significant portion of our electorate who are susceptible to such deception.

-dex

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
It's so insane. There are tons of clinics that do abortions -- but only PP, who does "some," but also does massive education and prevention, hello! -- gets attacked. Why? They help the poor. God forbid!

Most pro-birth rhetoric seems to require having actual lies, such as late-stage abortions on video "as if" this is what is done when it's ILLEGAL for example, to prop up their hysteria. Not to mention the staggering arrogant dismissal of the matter of a woman's life, even when endangered. I do not favor abortion at all but I DO favor education and prevention and ceasing the slavery and death this has brought to women for eons.

I hope their trial goes well. One of the things that is most sickening about PP's detractors is that when you look into them, often they turn out to be the very groups most against birth control for example. WTF?!
edit on 14-1-2016 by RedCairo because: I cannot type

edit on 14-1-2016 by RedCairo because: really.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Headlines January 2020....

PP wins multi-million dollar lawsuit against CMP !!!!

CMP files bankruptcy and nobody gets a dime !!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
They have been unjustly targeted and vilified. I hope they win their lawsuit.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
found the complaint if anyone is interested in reading it...

ppfa.pr-optout.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well the lawsuit is against more than just CMP. According to dawnstar's link, the defendants are listed as:

CENTER FOR MEDICAL PROGRESS;BIOMAX
PROCUREMENT SERVICES, LLC; DAVID
DALEIDEN (aka “ROBERT SARKIS”);TROY
NEWMAN;ALBIN RHOMBERG;PHILLIP S.
CRONIN;SANDRA SUSAN MERRITT(aka
“SUSAN TENNENBAUM”);GERARDO ADRIAN
LOPEZ ;and UNKNOWN CO-CONSPIRATORS,
inclusive,
So, if PP wins against the entire set of defendants, a full set of bankruptcies would still be poetic justice.

-dex

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reading the complaint for awhile now....
I'm surprised that the life legal defense fund isn't listed also since they were involved in the scam from the beginning helping them out...
and well, it seems like the best piece of evidence is the fools having an interview with fox news on how they managed to do it...

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I want you all to remember when we go before the being of light one day when we all die.
And remember how we loved to defend the company that kills light ...lol.

Smear campaign thats funny p.p was started by a crazyyyyyyyyyy lady that said we need to kill any one not white
and the dark races are feeders a plague on the world lol

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: sweets777

Baby parts .........i got dead baby parts for sale get em while there hot.
Sick world we live im glad i live in the midwest.
Im glad she got recorded i watched the videos i saw what i saw i heard what i heard i hope they catch the sickos
on tape some more and it makes a hot button topic and to save face the politicians cut off more of their money
Or should i say our money.
Freedom of Speech
Freedom of Press
Freedom to have my own Opinion.
1st Amendment baby yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Well, we support our military don't we? We definitely pay for it. Light is always being taken out from every direction.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Ohhhhh, you're one of those people who believe they sell dead babies. I see. Well, I don't imagine a fruitful discussion in our future.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

ya the crazy lady who was arrested for trying to provide women in the US with the information and birth control methods that were freely available in some european countries, and well, used in many of the upper class families in america...
that crazy lady that we could believed we could address some of the problems that the eugenics was trying to force onto people by simply providing the information and means to control their own reproductive systems and letting them make their own minds. the crazy lady that when she opened her first clinic was swarmed with eager women wanting what she offered.

try reading some actual history instead of the right wing propaganda for a change. you might find it refreshing!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
oh ya and that crazy lady's mother went through 18 pregnancies in 22 years. 11 or those pregnancies were live births. so the crazy lady had 10 siblings...
gee can't understand why she would want to help women control their reproduction...
obviously her mom couldn't count on her husband to control his!!

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

How ignorant are these politicians trying to defund PP? None of them have been successful yet they still do this. Morons that should be voted out of office ASAP!

Well that's the problem. Morons who actually believe that CMP actually exposed things are voting these morons into office.
edit on 15-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join