It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood Files Federal Lawsuit Against Group Behind Undercover Sting Videos

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
how does that saying go??? fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me?? another anti-abortion group pulled just about the exact same around the year 2000. it was a special report on something like 20/20, there was a huge uproar with a bunch of investigations, congress investigated.....
and nothing!! no laws were found to be broken, no laws were changed to hinder the donation to fetal tissue....NOTHING!!!
At least some of the republicans in congress were there for that big blast of bs. they should have known, they should have remembered, and they should have just stayed clear of the whole mess! But, well, this is what happens when you put ideological beliefs and agendas before common sense.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Some of the veterans of that farce and the one in the late 2000's went on to mentor people such as David Daleiden. Heck, I remember reading that at least one of the veterans works with CMP now.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

so why aren't they listed as co-conspirators in the complaint? matter of fact, maybe they will add the politicians into the mix as the discovery process moves along. I am pretty sure there are a few, and I want to see at least some brought down....hard enough so that they don't pull the same stunt again in a decade or two. they've probably wasted twice as much money with the state and federal investigations and court hearings than they would save if they did pull every dollar they give to planned parenthood... and well, it's all based on lies and so nothing is coming of it. just a big giant sucking sound as more money is drained from gov't budgets...while they gripe about how much it's costing to feed the poor families in america!

I wonder how many pregnancies they would put their own wives through if it wasn't for easily available birth control before they would get a hint?? 5? 10?? 15??? or more????? and gee I wonder how much it would be costing us to feed those poor families if there wasn't easy access to it and they had maybe up to 11 kids per family?

I want to see them go down so hard no one will ever dare to pull something like this off again! The proof is there, in their own words in the interviews these guys did after they started letting the videos out. It's illegal the way they set up cmp, it's illegal to produce fake licenses, it's illegal to send fake advertisements through the mail, it's illegal in some states to tape people in setting they think is secure and private without their knowledge, and on and on...

edit on 15-1-2016 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I really don't have answers to your questions. This planned parenthood fiasco has been a large source of frustration for me since last summer because of the things you are saying/asking as well as additional things.

Notice how no one wants to talk about this issue anymore, yet back in the summer, everyone was tripping over each other to demonize PP.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: sweets777

Ohhhhh, you're one of those people who believe they sell dead babies. I see. Well, I don't imagine a fruitful discussion in our future.

So you DENY that these secret video recordings caught the PP charting organ and body and full baby prices? Was this Stan back from the dead to fake PP since he did such a great job with the Apollo 11 Moon Landing?

Personally, I hate that PP gets subsidized with tax dollars. But to be fair, I hate that Nuclear Power gets subsidized, and many others too.

The problem in my opinion is that shills come out of the woodwork en masse when their favorite cock roach organizations are scrutinized after being caught spewing their price list for organs body parts and full fetuses while stirring the froth of whipped cream on the quad latte they bought with the proceeds of selling aborted items. (IMHO)

Not to say the Vatican is any better shaving the heads of people who have nothing else to donate so that high cost hair extensions and wigs can be made and shipped around the world making millions. It's basically the same thing.

The last sentence above is probably how you PP supporters think. Well, I have some news for you. It's not the same thing. Hair is not the same as aborted fetuses. Get it?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

ya, I notice that also, once the investigations started turning up empty and experts revealed that there was manipulation in the videos, they all seem to slide back into the woodwork.
personally once the judge put up the order for cmp not to release any more videos, I kind of hesitated in providing links to any of them because well, I wasn't sure what once were involved in that order and which ones weren't and I didn't want to take part in aiding in a crime. maybe some others felt the same way. don't know.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

At least you have some self-control. Literally every video released ended up posted on ATS. So I can't say the same about other members of ATS.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
biomax offered a few of the planned parenthood clinics contracts, that they submitted to the lawyers, who advised them not to enter into a deal because of the proposal would be breaking the law, so they were rejected. seems to me if anyone was trying to break laws, it was biomax!
in one of the videos, stem express says how many sources they have for fetal tissue, there were very few planned parenthood clinics involved in the fetal tissue program, and that number was in essence a small fraction of the number of sources that stem express stated they had.... so well why not scrutinize those other donors also?
in at least one of the videos, they are discussing the price and biomax is trying to negotiate the price up??? what is that all about?
there many times when the pp representatives were telling them that something was innappropriate, illegal, ect.....they were edited out of the videos.
it is perfectly legal for fetal tissue donors to be reimbursed for the cost they have to do it. what they charged with within the norm. now companies like stem express, well, process that tissue more and sell if for a nice profit, look at stem express financial records. but then, you couldn't really drag them into this mess much because well...the ceo of this company was the sister of the former speaker of the house's healthcare advisor.
companies like stem express then sell this tissue to researchers and universities throughout the country who then develop treatment and cures, vaccines...and I would venture to guess there isn't one person in this country that hasn't had some of these vaccines, treatments and cures.
and well, then there is the republican candidate who has used fetal tissue in his own reasearch, and had no guilt feelings about it!

either we all share in the shame that who seem to want to invoke onto planned parenthood, or there is no shame...which is it?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: imd12c4funn

So you DENY that these secret video recordings caught the PP charting organ and body and full baby prices?

Yes... those videos have been show to been doctored and taken completely out of context. Upon investigation nothing was found to be illegal in them. What you are saying they showed IS illegal, so if it wasn't found upon investigation, what does that tell you?

Hair is not the same as aborted fetuses. Get it?

Love that you make up your own analogy that is a softball for you to knockdown when no one has ever said the two are the same thing.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

But then what *were* they talking about?

What *was* the "context"?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I am not playing coy with you x, if you don't know what happened by now then you don't care.
edit on thFri, 15 Jan 2016 14:36:07 -0600America/Chicago120160780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Who didn't see this coming?

Too bad we can't hold media outlets accountable for spreading CMP's bull# and propaganda.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Sremmos80

But then what *were* they talking about?

What *was* the "context"?

You just so happen to be one of the people responsible for helping spread the BS that got these people sued.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
At this point the media is so egregiously dishonest and politicized it's difficult to know what to do about them. On any topic.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Dead babies are dead babies no matter how you slice it .
So I guess if your upper class you better kill the baby so it dont slow you down or ruin your life .
And let all the poor people have kids that will be great for the gene pool lol.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills
oh no capasa lol
Sell or dont sell i dunno if they do or not but i know they do kill em.
But hey your right could you imagine how much better of the world would be if you nor I was ever here
lol we should of been aborted .........or at least maybe .

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: sweets777

In Sanger's times, many of the upper classes brought beck knowledge of their birth control methods, plus the different aids and devices which were all legal there. Most of the upper classes had the means and knowledge of the different birth control methods available in that day. But we also had another one of the self righteous christian lunatics running around the country hell bent on eliminating any and all birth control from american lands during this time. Even providing information to others about the european birth control methods was illegal, and well Margaret Sanger was arrested at least once for doing just that. She wasn't working towards making sure that the upper class had the power to control their reproduction rates, they had it. She was working so that the poor and middle class could have what the upper class already had. So you gripe here would be a good description of the way things were when Margaret Sanger began her work....

Magaret Sanger wasn't really that supportive of abortions, she was fighting for the right to prevent pregnancy to begin with, that was, and still is, the main goal of planned parenthood.

And I am telling you right now.....
It is not healthy for any women to pop out 10 or 11 kids in her lifetime!!

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
Seems like Planned Parenthood has a good case. I wish them luck.

I hope they not only win their case, but also are awarded damages in an amount that completely buries CMP forever. And I hope that such a win sends a message to anyone else out there that such shenanigans are not acceptable.

And furthermore I hope that any and all criminal charges are pursued most vigorously against CMP, its employees and their other illegal cohorts involved with this scheme.

It's unacceptable that a "confidence game" like this has so unnecessarily upset a significant portion of our electorate who are susceptible to such deception.

-dex

Because the shenanigans of killing babies and then selling the chopped up and dissected parts should never be punished?

You people defending PP are obviously morally bankrupt and perverted.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

do you consider using the fetal tissue for research, the developement of vaccines and cures to be just as morally bankrupt? do you consider it just as morally bankrupt when after you get bitten by a rabid animal you go to the doctors for a series of vaccines against rabies?
There's been investigation after investigation, on both the federal and state levels... There has been no evidence found that they weren't doing any more than just being compensated for the cost of the donations...
heck one planned parenthood wasn't even being compensated for it!
Every contract that CMP presented to a planned parenthood clinic was rejected because what they were proposing would have been illegal. Seems to me that if anyone was trying to be involved in the illegal transfer of fetal tissue, it was CMP! By presenting the illegal contracts, by using fraudulent drivers licenses, by sending out fake advertisements on behalf of a fake company, that they presented to the government as being something that is wasn't, by signing confidentiality agreements that they had no intention of keeping, by illegally filming people without their consents....
gee, I wonder, have I missed anything???

Yes, parts of planned parenthood services being offered are abortions. Abortions are legal in the US, and sometimes they are medically necessary. Not tax dollars are paid for these abortions. Most of the money that they get from the gov't is through the medicaid programs, which will only pay for an abortion that is medically necessary or maybe caused by rape.

Yes the CEO of planned parenthood makes alot of money. But the ceo of one of the largest chains of christian controlled hospitals makes two or three times the amount she does, and they get medicaid reimbursements also.

No, planned parenthood doesn't do mammograms... but these christian hospitals, well, they won't do tubal litigations unless practically forced to by the courts, which seldom happens. Not even if you are a cancer patient with the doctor's explanation as to why it's important to do it while the mother is undergoing the c-section to deliver the baby instead of having a second operation to do it. They might make the mother to be lie in agony when that pregnacy goes south and there's an infections, waiting for the fetal heart to stop before making any move to help the women, and thus, risk the mom's health and well being. And, they won't prescribe birth control. Where, ya there might just might be an alternative for the patient of planned parenthood. these hospitals might be the only one around for over a hundred miles...
and they still get medicaid reimbursements!

So, since appearently, planned parenthood can provide free care to the poor of this country, since their ceo makes so much money...then I guess all these christian supported hospitals can also?

And since planned parenthood should be defunded because they don't do mammograms, then surely these hospitals should be, because they don't provide alot of care, even when mom's life might depend on it.

Right???? NO???

oh it all boils down to the fact that planned parenthood provides low cost abortions and birth control to the lower classes?? Birth control reduces the need for abortions, sometimes pregnancy itself is known to risk the mother's life and health even before the pregnancy occurs.... Abortions are also sometimes necessary and well, THEY ARE LEGAL!! Regardless of what you do with planned parenthood, the higher classes will still have their abortions....QUITE LEGALLY...they will still get their birth control... but well, the lower classes, the ones who can't really afford a half dozen kids or more that will be affected. and then the same people who are griping about planned parenthood will be griping about all those gov't programs that are working overtime to feed all those kids!!!

Stem express gave the number of clinics that were donating tissue to them, it was far more than the number of clinics that planned parenthood had participating in fetal donations. So, stem express would still keep the bulk of their fetal donations even if planned parenthood went out of business tomorrow.

Morally bankrupt and perverted? No.... Logical, and well informed...yes...

take a look back in the past, before there was birth control readily available, to the time when some women were having three, four, five or more abortions in their lifetime, when the kids were street urchins or placed in workhouses, or state institutions, when infantcide (even in those workhouses and state insitutions) was rampant. We don't have that level of proverty now, we don't have as many abortions now, we don't have as many mothers dying in childbirth, and we don't have that many babies being just out right killed!

edit on 24-1-2016 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Because the shenanigans of killing babies and then selling the chopped up and dissected parts should never be punished?

I won't go into the discussion of the morals of abortion. There are lots of other threads where that debate can be found.

However, the shenanigans to which I was referring concerns the obvious deception perpetrated by CMP. There is ample evidence that the videos were altered and taken completely out of context. The "undercover" recordings were made illegally. The release of that misleading material was libelous and damaged the reputation of this business.

On the other hand, there is no evidence that Planned Parenthood has done anything illegal. At this point there have been many millions of dollars of taxpayer money spent in the Conservative's witch hunt. But there has been no evidence found of any illegal activity perpetrated by PP. So, not only has a significant amount of money been wasted because of these lies, but these untruths have also unnecessarily thrown fuel on the fire of the abortion debate.

You people defending PP are obviously morally bankrupt and perverted.

I can't speak for anyone else, however this would not be the first time that accusation was leveled at me, for various reasons. Suffice it to say that not only do I not deny it, but I also wear those titles with great pride and satisfaction.

Thanks,
-dex

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join