It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood Files Federal Lawsuit Against Group Behind Undercover Sting Videos

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
David Daleiden has shown up in washington dc this past week to throw his support to the pro-life protesters that have been harassing school children at the Two Rivers Charter School. I've commented about this school and the protesters about a month ago, on a couple of threads. I am doing it again. These people are leaving their litter on the school grounds, chasing the kids down the sidewalk as they walk home from school, trampling the flower gardens, and shouting at the kids about how they kill kids next door. Imagine for a moment that your are that three, or five, or six year old kid... a construction site next door with all kinds of scary sounds and you are told that they kill kids!! think maybe you would be just a tad bit frightened? Now, for the reality...one of the main protester has already been convicted of plotting to bomb an abortion clinic and shoot doctors.

The lawsuit describes the protests as a form of coercion, intended to draft parents and administrators into a campaign to block the clinic from opening next door. The antiabortion activists “have promised they will ‘be back every week’ if the students and parents do not take action against the Planned Parenthood health center,” the complaint alleges. Protesters have shouted at children to “Tell your parents they kill kids next door.” In November, an activist named Jonathan Darnel sent an e-mail to school administrators that read, “I am not threatening you. Nevertheless, if you are failing to challenge Planned Parenthood, I feel a moral obligation to alert the community (including the parents of your students) myself…. I’m sure you don’t want to see me, my antiabortion friends and our graphic images any more than we want to be in your neighborhood.”

www.thenation.com...

Some of these kids are three years old, I am sure they will be a real big asset to the pro-life movement! It seems rather funny that the christian right is fighting tooth and nail to keep sex education out of schools, but here some of them are trying to force this school to address the issue with a bunch of young kids, many not even 10 years old!

These people aren't targeting anyone involved in abortion, there is no planned parenthood clinic open, no patients entering or exiting, and well, they are mainly targeting the school children, the staff, and the parents of this school, interferring with the daily routines of the school day, eliminating any outside recess the kids might enjoy, causing them to take long detours to get the the gymnasium that they use that is across the street. and it has been going on for over a month, with promises that it will continue to go on until students (ya I imagine even those little three year olds, the parents, and the staff join them in their fight against planned parenthood.

And, well, I will probably be bringing this up in another month and the month after that until it is stopped! Like I said, if you don't want the public school system teaching your middle and high school kids any sex education, well then, you should be really against this group forcing a school to explain it to children this young!

edit on 24-1-2016 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
This is called extortion.

If you throw bricks at the sidewalk and say it might be through windows and it's already scaring their customers and messing up your entrance, and you tell the owner this is going to keep up until they do ____, it's extortion. It doesn't matter if you haven't yet thrown the brick through the window or set the shop on fire. It doesn't matter if you are demanding money or demanding they hire your nephew. It is still extortion.

Also, operating a group using extortion is racketeering, is it not? - edited to add: no, sorry, my bad. Rackeeting relates to using official business for organized crime (like embezzlement) or making 'fake' businesses (e.g. for laundering money).

Hopefully someone vastly more up on legal stuff than me can answer these questions.

When my child was small, I was so hyper-defensive on their behalf (biologically hardwired I'm guessing because I was nearly a lunatic with a quick trigger, which gradually faded as the child got older -- still, we are all defensive of our kids, but that "mama bear" stereotype is not for nothing when they are small!), that this situation would become violent very quick. Thank the gods it never happened around me. I would likely have hurt someone that I felt was hurting my child.

Even if the hurt was merely "traumatizing them on purpose for a political agenda in order to manipulate the behavior of parents and school officials to extort them to proactively make someone ELSE's political views their own."

If a group did not want an oil drilling rig offshore, and didn't have enough political power/people to force this, would terrorizing small children in order to proxy-upset parents and school workers, in order to force them to join in on the active campaigning against the oil rig -- would this seem reasonable? Because politics are politics.

Making SMALL CHILDREN hostages to force "anybody who cares about them" to sign your petition or whatever is insane. This needs a proper intro in social media to get it some attention -- and get the location some local attention from people who, no matter what their feelings on abortion, do not support abusing small children for the sake of adult politics.

edit on 24-1-2016 by RedCairo because: missed a word

edit on 24-1-2016 by RedCairo because: corrected myself

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Just the idea of chasing the kids down the sidewalk as they walk home after school. I remember when I was in kindergarden, I would start walking home and be met by someone about halfway. Sometimes it was my dad, and well, I can just imagine his reaction if he saw a couple of adults chasing after me, his first instict might have to ask me what I did wrong, but the second, after he found out I was just walking home and had done nothing, probably would have put some people in the hospital and him in jail. If I were to see such a thing, with anyone's kids, I stop them all dead in their tracks probably, call the cops and report an attempted kidnapping, even it I knew that wasn't the case. Heck, for all the kid knows, the guys chasing them might be working for the loud arse monster next door who is killing kids!

I first posted about this over a month ago, and they had filed the complaint then. That nothing has been done about it, that it's still going on, that this school is still be harassed in this way is unbelievable. What they need is a group of people to show up to provide a buffer zone around the school, all holding happy sign, have a nice day signs, pictures of kittens and butterflies, whatever.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
I first posted about this over a month ago, and they had filed the complaint then. That nothing has been done about it, that it's still going on, that this school is still be harassed in this way is unbelievable. What they need is a group of people to show up to provide a buffer zone around the school, all holding happy sign, have a nice day signs, pictures of kittens and butterflies, whatever.

Absolutely.

This issue actually gave me pause. You know, a lot of people (including me) get peeved that in some communities where "religious radicalism" is damaging to other individuals or whatever, people keep their mouths shut about what they see, or about their disagreement.

Like the islamic question -- really the "expectation of assumption" seems to be that at heart everyone is kinder-gentler, that nobody really means it or supports the horrors and sedition of much of Sharia, and so on. But it's a fair question why there's not a boatload of muslims very publicly speaking out against the bozos who are giving all of them such a contentious reputation.

Because they agree with the underlying idea. So in the name of not rocking the boat about it they ignore the lunatics, say nothing in "passive support."

And yet, radicalized religious nuts try to blow up clinics and shoot doctors, they all seem to be calling themselves Christians, most the 'leaders' are preachers, and now they abuse the first amendment by using extortion to traumatize small children in order to 'influence' adults (and engage in racketeering mafia-style efforts to publicly lie and mislead, about the OP PP issue). I know tons of Christians who would never support this behavior no matter WHAT they think about the topic of abortion.

So where are they? If our culture's going to blame muslims for not standing up to their caliphate -- and it's a very dangerous and isolating business for anyone who did, for sure -- then where are the christians that ought to be standing up in similar situations and saying hey, really, christians aren't violent lunatics, don't let these violent lunatics give you the wrong idea?

Because they agree with the underlying idea. So in the name of not rocking the boat about it they ignore the lunatics, say nothing in "passive support."

Is it just to hold one group more accountable than another?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: RedCairo

heck, every parent should think about it, just how would they feel if they saw a group of strangers chasing their children up the sidewalk as they walked home from school. Personally, I would freak out! The people would most certainly get a piece of my mind and I would be probably on a cell phone, if I had one, and calling 911. That this has gone on for over a month now irks the crap out of me. and like I said, most of those who support the pro life group also don't want any type of sex education in the schools, they want their kids to be kept in the dark about that, and those kids are much older than elementary and younger ages. wonder how they would feel if a group of people went to a catholic school and started preaching safe sex to the kiddies. chase their kids down the sidewalk, passing out literature about how to properly put a condom on, ect. they would have a fit!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Texas grand jury clears Planned Parenthood, indicts its accusers

A Texas investigation into Planned Parenthood on Monday culminated in an indictment -- of the organization's accusers instead of the group. The Harris County District Attorney's office announced that Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast had been cleared in the two-month-long investigation. But the grand jury did indict two individuals who were involved in making secret recordings of the group that were released to publicly discredit the group, which provides health services and abortions. www.cnn.com...

edit on 25-1-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

think you forgot the link...

www.cnn.com...
might not be the same one but it's the story...
all I can say is..... it's about time!!!!

oops, sorry, I see it now....

edit on 25-1-2016 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Annee

think you forgot the link...

www.cnn.com...
might not be the same one but it's the story...
all I can say is..... it's about time!!!!

oops, sorry, I see it now....

My iPad keeps resetting.

Sometimes I have to post in stages.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

BREAKING NEWS: The lead investigator behind the undercover Planned Parenthood videos faces up to 20 years in prison after a Houston grand jury decided on Monday (Jan. 25) not to charge Planned Parenthood with any wrongdoing – and instead indicted him for offering to purchase human organs from the abortion provider.

www.lifesitenews.com...

I am not sure if the tampering with a gov't record is the fake driver's license or what, but well if found guilty, the charge would be not less that two years and not more than 20 years in prison, and well a fine that could go up to $10,000.
the link I posted if calling for ya to sign a petition to drop all the charges, if you wish to sign. needless to say, I didn't wish to... I think what they did was illegal and wrong, and I would like to see them spend a few years in prison for it! after all, if I made up a fake driver's license, created a fake company, lied about what my nonprofit was basically about, sent out fake literature offering a service that I had no plan of providing, well, they'd probably send me away for a few years too!

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Thanks for the update.

GOOD!

Re: the kids: thank goodness this never happened to my kid. I'm sane now, but when she was pretty little, I was a lunatic "mama bear" at any threat to her. Sanity isn't real strong when defense is triggered in parents with young kids.

I have a thought... if a movie has to be rated R and requires you be 18 to see it due to things like gore, why are gory pictures ok to inflict on kids? Not sure I'd want to go down that road of threat to the 1st Amendment of course. I mean the same people who don't want their 15 year old traumatized by seeing a condom want to show illegally aborted late-term fetus carnage to small children?

I sometimes think that these things only continue as they are because other people are not as insane as they are.

What would happen if someone got their identity info and went and found their family wherever they are? Would it be ok if they harrassed their grandmother or little sister? Fortunately people aren't that stalker-crazy (and geez that would make one as bad as the other -- much like modern political terrorism where you totally lose track of who the bad guys are since they all act the same) but you see my point -- the people starting it ARE stalker crazy -- only that their victims are apparently not as crazy as they are, keeps such events from turning into actual mini wars.

This is a lot like war I suppose -- the stuff they're doing, they're doing mostly away from home -- the terror is on someone else's street, not theirs.

What about parking big cars/trucks all around theirs so they can't move to leave for some time? I mean there's lots of non-violent things that could be done but all would lead to "social and possibly physical war" -- I wouldn't suggest any of it -- but is the alternative just to let bully people like that victimize everyone else including children I wonder?

Our country has things in place to attempt to bring about change in the law. Granted, ridiculously hard and slow and nearly impossible when we're talking about supreme court stuff. But when someone decides legal approaches won't work and "social terrorism" of innocents is their new path instead, does the rest of the country just allow that social terrorism without any recourse or response?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: RedCairo

actually, I think that their was a similar case and court decided agains the protesters because they saw it as harmful to the kids. but then, there was a case down south, can't remember offhand where that the city council and police said they couldn't do anything because of the freedom of speech....
I think they may have eventually built a new school if I am reading the story right.

I still say that they should bring in enough people to circle the school and create a buffer zone. they can all hold happy happy child friendly signs of cure puppy dogs and cartoon characters, whatever. just give the kids something else to look at and keep them a safe distance from the school... and well know out one or two if they start chasing kids down the sidewalk. what the heck, if they were my kids they were chasing down the sidewalk, I'd hurt them, no problem... what the heck, if the kids even told me that they were chased, I'd be heading to the school to confront them, and I wouldn't be that nice when I told them what would happen if I heard they were chasing them again. chasing kids down the sidewalk isn't freedom of speech, it's a dangerous act, what if the kid becomes frightened and runs into the road just to get away from them or something?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join