It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaddafi warned Blair his ousting would 'open door' to jihadis

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Muammar Gaddafi warned Tony Blair in two fraught phone conversations in 2011 that his removal from the Libyan leadership would open a space for al-Qaida to seize control of the country and even launch an invasion of Europe.

The transcripts of the conversations have been published with Blair’s agreement by the UK foreign affairs select committee, which is conducting an inquiry into the western air campaign that led to the ousting and killing of Gaddafi in October 2011.

Gaddafi warned Blair his ousting would 'open door' to jihadis

You know, how obvious does it have to be that the Middle Eastern agenda isn't to end terrorism. The War On Terrorism is a shame. The only excuse left for these politicians and military leaders is that they're all ignoramuses. From their actions and the results of present day Middle East terrorism has only gotten stronger and now the world is in MORE danger! None of their agendas strengthen national security, only fatten wallets. From 9/11, to the Iraq war, Libya, and beyond, they all knew what the consequences were and they did it away.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Here are the official links to the transcripts. They're PDF's.

www.parliament.uk...

www.parliament.uk...

They're short reads, but I think they're quite damning. Blair in the 2nd pdf repeatedly presses Qaddafi to step aside peacefully, without violence against the jihadists. Qaddafi keeps telling Blair to come there & to bring international reporters so they can see the truth, and that the "rebels" are al-Qaeda affiliates who are attacking Libyans, not the other way around. Edit to add: Eventually Qaddafi gets tired of Blair's insistence that he "leave for a safe place" so a new constitutional process can begin. So he says he'll arm the Libyan people against the attackers.

And remember, many of these same "rebels" went on to fight in Mali, where they were labeled terrorists as France intervened militarily against them in Mali.
edit on 8-1-2016 by enlightenedservant because: added something

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
None of the dictators that have been removed were good guy. But I bet the people who live there now would love to have them back.
Because what has been unleashed is far worse with no end in sight.
Sadam Hussain was a mmad man but he also did a lot for his country, same with Gaddafi, damn right the west knew what was going to happen, and that's why they did it .....
Saudi Arabia is the same way but the west plays nice with them .
edit on 8080000001 by JHumm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Remember this article during the NATO led bombing campaign against Gadaffi?

Libyan rebel commander admits his fighters have al-Qaeda links

In an interview with the Italian newspaper Il Sole 24 Ore, Mr al-Hasidi admitted that he had recruited "around 25" men from the Derna area in eastern Libya to fight against coalition troops in Iraq. Some of them, he said, are "today are on the front lines in Adjabiya".

Mr al-Hasidi insisted his fighters "are patriots and good Muslims, not terrorists," but added that the "members of al-Qaeda are also good Muslims and are fighting against the invader".

And this,

Islamic militants among prisoners freed from Libyan jail

Tripoli, Libya (CNN) -- Hundreds of Islamist militants were among the prisoners freed from a notorious Tripoli prison this week, according to a former Libyan jihadist.

The freed militants had been imprisoned in Tripoli's Abu Salim prison by Moammar Gadhafi's regime during the height of the insurgency in Iraq, according to Noman Benotman, once a senior figure in the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group. Benotman said he believes as many as 600 militants may have been among the prison population at Abu Salim.

It's not known how many prisoners were held in the vast facility. Human Rights Watch said Gadhafi's prisons "have been filled to the limit in the last few months with thousands of people who were arrested for taking part in the anti-Gadhafi protests, or because of their suspected support for Libya's democratic opposition."

And the war machine keeps on churnin' making sure it has plenty of enemies to fight.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Ouch. Good finds.

So basically, the same thing happened in Libya that's happening in Syria. NATO and NATO members supplied the air support while the Wahhabi terrorists provided the "boots on the ground". And as long as the terrorists stay in that specific country and fight the regime that the West wants toppled, we'll label them "rebels" and aid them. And we'll stall any actual attempts to crush the terrorists until a replacement government of our choosing is installed.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Yup, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, and now Syria, all sprinkled in among other ME nations were are currently droning. We're literally supporting terrorism by destabilizing the Middle East and they knew this all along. That's why I'm so dead set against Assad being overthrown and sickened by the constant support of the "rebels". The same damn play is being used again and again but no one really seems to notice.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

According to some conspiracy theory Gaddafi wanted Africa to abandon the dollar and institute the Gold dinar
Gadhafi’s Gold-money Plan Would Have Devastated Dollar
www.thenewamerican.com...
this was perhaps one of the now dead leader's grand dreams, he was as brutal as brutal does and murderous to boot but at the same time one of the few old fashioned benevolent tyrants that remained at the time, he want to realize the dreams of Kwame Nkrumah of a United States of Africa complete with it's own united African army air force and Navy,he had serious support among Africa's traditional chiefs and kings as he was crowned King of kings and it is they who could swing local ethnic and tribal groups more than any national elected president ever could.
He told Berlusconi that if he goes African poor would flood Europe and that he was the one keeping them in check.
edit on 8-1-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I was waiting for someone to bring this up and the last time I looked into it I believed this conspiracy to hold weight. Clearly agendas, multiple agendas worth trillions of dollars are ongoing in the Middle East. The price of these agendas? Human life and suffering, but they don't care.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I'm sure it went like this:

Blair: Europe and America think you are financing terror.

Gadaffi: No, but if you remove me a power vacuum will create tens of thousands of terrorists.

Blair: hmm, can we build a World Bank?

Gadaffi: What? No, # you!

Blair: You're a terrorist!

edit on 8-1-2016 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

You know, how obvious does it have to be that the Middle Eastern agenda isn't to end terrorism.

I think at this point that the war on terrorism much like the war on drugs are catchphrases for the war on the people ....it is pretty sickening knowing that our leaders are complicit in this rubbish

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Actually, according to those transcripts of the calls, it went more like this:

Blair: People are concerned and want a peaceful resolution.

Qaddafi: Al-Qaeda militants attacked our police stations and are terrorizing neighborhoods. We know who they are.

B: Resolve this peacefully. People are concerned about the rampant violence on tv.

Q: What violence? The only violence are from the al-Qaeda fighters. Come with international media so you can see for yourself & report what's really going on here.

B: If you have a safe place to go, then it's best if you step aside and go there. But there can be no violence. Just a peaceful change with new constitutional reforms.

Q: What? It's militants who are doing the violence. And they're not saying anything about the constitution. Is this an attempt at colonialism?

B: Absolutely not. But if you don't leave peacefully and with no violence, this situation will get really bad. I need you to issue statements that you will leave peacefully. Many people will die. Please, just calm the situation and go to a safe place.

Q: Are you supporting the al-Qaeda militants?! They're the only ones doing violence. And they aren't talking about a constitution. They say they want to control the Mediterranean and attack Europe. We'll arm Libyans tonight if this is a new attempt at colonialism. Just come here with international media so they see what's really going on here.

B: I'll get back with you.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I wanted to compare the war on terror to the war on drugs in my OP but I'd rather you say it. Thank you!

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Absolutely brilliant , you are among my favorite posters..

edit on 8-1-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Thanks. And same for you.

Though in this case, I wish I was exaggerating w/my post about the conversation. Those transcripts made me sad, especially since we all know how it ended. Blair sounded like a stereotypical mob boss that knows he's being recorded; saying everything relevant without being too exact.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

I was waiting for someone to bring this up and the last time I looked into it I believed this conspiracy to hold weight. Clearly agendas, multiple agendas worth trillions of dollars are ongoing in the Middle East. The price of these agendas? Human life and suffering, but they don't care.

In 2000, Saddam decided to decline US dollars as method of payment for oil, instead switching to euro's or gold. I'm pretty sure we are all aware what happened in Iraq a year later.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Here we go to blame the USA, Israel the West and Blair. Yes it would have been better to not get involved ( NATO ) and they really did not want to get involved after the shortcomings in Iraq. But when Crackpot Qaddafi started bombing and murdering just like Assad in Syria the civilians along with the so called rebels. NATO ( was requested to help those civilians ) and got involved..
You most on here like to believe Crackpot Qadaffi was telling truths Blahhhh.
All of it is not quite so simples.. most especially in Libya..

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Bingo!

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

Did you read the article in the OP & the official transcripts of Blair's 2 calls to Qaddafi in the 2nd post? Just take 5 to 10 minutes and read the actual transcripts.

Also, you say "NATO was requested to help those civilians". Requested by who? Qaddafi's government, the legal government of Libya at the time, sure didn't request them. And the "rebels" who NATO was protecting with its Libyan air campaign were Wahhabi extremists. Some of them even admitted to fighting against the allied forces in Afghanistan & Iraq before entering Libya, while others literally moved on to Mali right after Qaddafi's government fell. And once they went to Mali, they were labeled "terrorists" again and France helped crush them in its Mali campaign.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Western governments are like pit bulls, when they lock their jaws on something they don't care if someone is beating them with a stick to let go.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Tony Bliar. This is the English nickname for him. You cannot believe a word this POS says. The man is a traitor, pure and simple.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join