It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaddafi warned Blair his ousting would 'open door' to jihadis

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Gadaffi as it happens was considered the "bouncer" of Europe. He prevented mass migration from Libya into Europe from Africa and elsewhere and now he's gone Libya has become the feared gateway to Europe
One of them, yes.
static5.businessinsider.com... g

edit on 1/17/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

I would stop watching Fox news mate.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

Agreed.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Gaddafi was right, NATO killed him because of " black gold " . Gaddafi was against terrorism, but he was not good for western mobs .

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
None of the dictators that have been removed were good guy. But I bet the people who live there now would love to have them back.
Because what has been unleashed is far worse with no end in sight.
Sadam Hussain was a mmad man but he also did a lot for his country, same with Gaddafi, damn right the west knew what was going to happen, and that's why they did it .....
Saudi Arabia is the same way but the west plays nice with them .

Difference between other dictators is that Gaddafi had a control or rather was able to stop flow the black market trade compared to now.

Western leaders seem to be interested in the underground world then bringing in the actual freedom.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: annstey
Anyone with any insight could see what would happen with the Iraq war. It would open a can of worms in the area. Gaddafi was a cruel dictator but over people that had similar natures to dictate. Removing him would just open the door to another. Iraq was better off with him because he had the intelligence and authority to keep these people under control I said this and heard many others say the same thing. If poor uninfluential people could see this clearly I say why couldn't those appointed to the task of governing see it too?

That's the worse part, they do see it too. Here's Dick Cheney from 1994. Remember, he was the Secretary of Defense during the Persian Gulf War.

Cheney in that video looks completely different to current one almost as if he got replaced by something.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Spot on. Removing Qaddafi ... as if the West had some supreme right to do such a thing ... was a disastrous move for the world. He was no 'good guy' -- compared to the Dalai Lama, he was a monster. But he understood all of the players in North Africa, the Middle East, and sub-Saharan Africa. He knew the difference between the corrupt, the bad guys, the really bad guys, and the irredeemable monsters.

Plus he had remarkable ideas ... but his desire to step off the US dollar plantation is what did him in. And the Western world watched and did nothing because Qaddafi was a 'bad guy' according to the 'official story' and the European and US governments were the 'good guys'.

Now Qaddafi's prophecies are coming true, and all of Africa has missed an opportunity that I doubt will come again in my lifetime.

Some day people in Britain, Australia, and the USA simply must wake up and own the nightmares they have created by attempting to remove or actually removing Saddam Hussein, Qaddafi, Assad and who knows who the next "strong man" will be on the list.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join