It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, wiping tears, makes new push to tighten gun rules

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Kali74

There's really no reason for gun lovers and gun haters to be so divided... if both sides would calm down, they might actually be able to talk.

Not going to happen. The extreme gun nuts will only stand by and scream "shall not infringe" while the reasonable pro-2nd folks, such as myself, and the gun-haters try to talk like adults.

Better to be a 'extreme' gun nut' than a government nut that goes around droning kids from other countries,and selling them MACHINE guns,tanks,bombs,grendaes, and MANPADS.

I can damn well guarantee Obama doesnt shed any tears for those MASS KILLINGS.

And your not 'pro second'

Your pro what ever Obama tells you your rights should be.
edit on 5-1-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Do we not need to overhaul the current system?

Yeah as in do away with it...

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Crocodile tears. he is simply a good actor. The only thing that brings tears to his eye are the confiscation of every firearm, and that is because they will be tears of joy. Pathetic President.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
WHAT IF... obama was a plant for gun manufactures to sell more guns? (not rly)

That is about all he has managed to do. There have been over 100 million guns added to America's arsenal since Obama got elected. So as long as he keeps whining about gun control, more guns will be sold. As a matter of fact, I'm thinking about picking a couple up myself.

I've brought this up in another thread before, wondering if anyone has done some serious sleuthing into if Obama or anyone else in the Democratic establishment has financial associations with gun manufacturers. Cause honestly, he's the best damn gun salesman of the century.
edit on 5-1-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Do we not need to overhaul the current system?

It's obviously not working, something must be done.

I fully support the executive actions that the president has taken to address the problem of rampant mass shootings.

Executive branch of Government is there to ENFORCE the laws not make them. The fact that you support him making significant legislative changes while bypassing Congress terrifies me.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

I've brought this up in another thread before, wondering if anyone has done some serious sleuthing into Obama or anyone else in the Democratic establishment has financial associations with gun manufacturers. Cause honestly, he's the best damn gun salesman of the century.

I would like to know that as well, he is the salesman for sure..

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: introvert

Obama has been a friend to the NRA because Obama helped strengthen rules on intellectual rights for manufacturers and import/export language.

Considering people flipped out about that too, I don't hold out much hope for this round. I think even the NRA flipped out over it. I just wish people would drop the hysteria everytime someone mentions guns (that goes for all sides). There's no gun grab and no EO so far has threatened one.

I wish the NRA would drop out of existence but Freedom of Association (sucks sometimes), I think their propaganda is toxic and harmful. There's really no reason for gun lovers and gun haters to be so divided... if both sides would calm down, they might actually be able to talk.

Try again.

Making guns has long been ILLEGAL unless granted permission by the STATE.

Long before Obama was ever elected.

Hell that is why a person needs a BACKGROUND Check just to purchase the lower part of an AR.

And NOTHING else.

No trigger group.

No Upper.

Just the snipping LOWER.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I wonder if Putin is going to send him a box of Kleenex.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Looks like the narrative has been changed and now we're discussing an all out gun ban.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

I hope that most US citizens know the difference between a soap and the real world.

Have one on me

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I loved how he mentions Chicago, lol, well maybe they simply cut him off before he could say ""well in all honesty, Chicago does have the strictest gun control in the country and the highest gun crime..."

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Right... caught that too huh?

edit on pm131pmTue, 05 Jan 2016 17:59:46 -0600 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Fix health care would be a start
www.ibj.com...
"this community-based care" only works if you can afford it
edit on 5-1-2016 by deadcatsrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Looks like the narrative has been changed and now we're discussing an all out gun ban.

Why should we ?

Anyone that's opened up a history books sees the writing on the wall.

Happened in 1993,1994, before that 1986.

The 90s were especially enlightening.

Since it became the first time in over 200 years American had to ask the state for permission to practice on of their constitutional RIGHTS

Would have been another one in2013 with Feinstein.

Tell the presidents party got the smackdown laid on them.

They have not given up.

They will never give up.

As per the 'townhalls' so Obama can bypass the legislative branch.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinkerHaus

originally posted by: Kali74

Obama has been a friend to the NRA because Obama helped strengthen rules on intellectual rights for manufacturers and import/export language.

Considering people flipped out about that too, I don't hold out much hope for this round. I think even the NRA flipped out over it. I just wish people would drop the hysteria everytime someone mentions guns (that goes for all sides). There's no gun grab and no EO so far has threatened one.

I wish the NRA would drop out of existence but Freedom of Association (sucks sometimes), I think their propaganda is toxic and harmful. There's really no reason for gun lovers and gun haters to be so divided... if both sides would calm down, they might actually be able to talk.

As cliche as it sounds, I fear that the plan is to incrementally restrict and/or remove our rights to bear arms.

I disagree. I think there are people who absolutely should not have guns. Universal background checks is the only sane solution, you need to trust your fellow gun lovers and those of us who, despite hating guns, will stand with you if the 2nd Amendment ever comes under threat (which doesn't appear to be anywhere near a possibility as of yet).

I don't believe in trading freedom for safety that doesn't have to mean that there's no room for common sense.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Better to be a 'extreme' gun nut' than a government nut that goes around droning kids from other countries,and selling them MACHINE guns,tanks,bombs,grendaes, and MANPADS.

It's better to be neither.

Please. I don't support Obama and I do what I feel is best.

You're just talking trash to hear yourself speak.

Can you hear the echo?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Yes, the nutters have arrived.

What did I tell you? They will stand around screaming "shall not infringe" while the adults try to have a reasonable discussion.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I disagree. I think there are people who absolutely should not have guns. Universal background checks is the only sane solution, you need to trust your fellow gun lovers and those of us who, despite hating guns, will stand with you if the 2nd Amendment ever comes under threat (which doesn't appear to be anywhere near a possibility as of yet).

That isn't 'sanity'.

Why stop there.

Universal back ground checks for the free speech too.

Don't stop there let's get on a roll.

Universal background checks for voting too.

Don't stop there.

Since people have NO right to due process THROW the rest of the BILL OF RIGHTS out with the second while your at it.

Zieg Heil.

Zieg Heil.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: introvert

There's really no reason for gun lovers and gun haters to be so divided... if both sides would calm down, they might actually be able to talk.

Not going to happen. The extreme gun nuts will only stand by and scream "shall not infringe" while the reasonable pro-2nd folks, such as myself, and the gun-haters try to talk like adults.

I can damn well guarantee Obama doesnt shed any tears for those MASS KILLINGS.

And your not 'pro second'

It doesn't have to be either/or. And don't act like you give a crap about Muslims getting droned to death. One of the few things Liberals criticize Obama for and the Right shuts their mouths about. Obama may be a lot of not so great things, but he's not a Sociopath... he has feelings. I don't doubt his tears here.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Yep.

Sure heard the echo for going on seven years under the Current gunphobe in Chiefs reign of FEAR mongering.

Before that Americans have heard that echo for 20 years since the days of Clinton.

Before that Ameicans have heard that echo since the days of Regan.

Going ALL the way back to FDR.

Rather odd for an 'echo' I have not heard on original thought from the anti gunners.

Except recycling the SAME fear and paranoia. That says it's 'ok' for politicians to wipe their rears with the Constitution.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join