It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, wiping tears, makes new push to tighten gun rules

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Obama, wiping tears, makes new push to tighten gun rules

Wiping back tears as he remembered children killed in a mass shooting, President Barack Obama on Tuesday ordered stricter gun rules that he can impose without Congress and urged American voters to reject pro-gun candidates.

Obama made it clear he does not expect gun laws to change during his remaining year in office, but pledged to do what he can to make gun control a theme in the months leading up to the November election to replace him.

I don't know if he's crying for the dead children, or for the fact that every time he pushes for more gun control more people go out and buy more guns. It's really counterproductive.

65.4 Million Gun Purchases Since Obama Took Office
Gun production has doubled under Obama

edit on 5-1-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Do we not need to overhaul the current system?

It's obviously not working, something must be done.

I fully support the executive actions that the president has taken to address the problem of rampant mass shootings.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I like Obama. I think he's a decent dude. I'd have a beer with him.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Guns have always been available in US so the recent rise in mass shootings has nothing to do with gun availability. Its more to do with the moral decline of society. Deeper discussion is needed to get to the real root of the problem.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Charlton Heston just rolled over, the NRA is going to be pissed.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
"Wiping back tears" of joy as he side steps the guide lines set in place to keep the POTUSA from being a dictator

The bigger picture is not gun control That is just King Osoma Obama's excuse to strip the Constitution apart line by line.
A Billary is fowling his foot steps.
Keep in mind the freedoms your willing to give up (and will never get back)is only a step letting The POTUSA
void the Constitution as he wishes
Executive actions are he's way of showing us he can and will do what fits his agenda and not what is wanted by the people.
Time and time again Obama reminds us its no longer WE THE PEOPLE
edit on 5-1-2016 by deadcatsrule because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2016 by deadcatsrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cynic
Charlton Heston just rolled over, the NRA is going to be pissed.

The NRA doesn't care about the individual's right to bear arms. They care about the manufacturers and help protect them from crappy legislation. Obama has been a friend to the NRA because Obama helped strengthen rules on intellectual rights for manufacturers and import/export language.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

I agree, guns have always been readily available and not to mention the fact that it used to be much easier to own and purchase a firearm. Even some high schools used to have shooting ranges.

The west is also currently in a direct conflict with ISIS and Radical Islam, which can account for at least a few of the mass shootings recently.
edit on 5-1-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Obama has been a friend to the NRA because Obama helped strengthen rules on intellectual rights for manufacturers and import/export language.

Not to mention he's purchased a buttload of ammunition for his new federal army.

Obama is a gun manufacturer's wet dream come true.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
A better title for this thread would have been "Obama, wiping his #$$ with the Constitution..."

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
While we're at it lets ban automobiles, motorcycles, steak knives, and roller coasters. There are crazy people everywhere. Oh by the way let's also ban sleep aids oxycontin, alcohol and popcorn. We do have a problem but the problem does not lie in the weapons; it's with the people that are crazy mentally unstable and have problems coping with day to day life in general. If a person is going to kill, they're going to kill. Regardless of the weapon used might as well throw in propane tanks nails and bee bees into the mix. Don't forget the m4.

Obama and his agendas = fail.

Thank God he is on his way out...

ETA: the tears were because he has returned from the Island... and D.C. is cold
edit on 5-1-2016 by ReadLeader because: Add

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Sadly Hillary is far worse

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinkerHaus
A better title for this thread would have been "Obama, wiping his #$$ with the Constitution..."

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
WHAT IF... obama was a plant for gun manufactures to sell more guns? (not rly)

That is about all he has managed to do. There have been over 100 million guns added to America's arsenal since Obama got elected. So as long as he keeps whining about gun control, more guns will be sold. As a matter of fact, I'm thinking about picking a couple up myself.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Obama has been a friend to the NRA because Obama helped strengthen rules on intellectual rights for manufacturers and import/export language.

Considering people flipped out about that too, I don't hold out much hope for this round. I think even the NRA flipped out over it. I just wish people would drop the hysteria everytime someone mentions guns (that goes for all sides). There's no gun grab and no EO so far has threatened one.

I wish the NRA would drop out of existence but Freedom of Association (sucks sometimes), I think their propaganda is toxic and harmful. There's really no reason for gun lovers and gun haters to be so divided... if both sides would calm down, they might actually be able to talk.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Always remember politicians stop lying when mouth closed. There must be similar analogy for crying politician.

Perhaps only believe them when balls squeezed and remain dry-eyed in a lie detection test - they must be telling the near-truth as they believe it.

Or something like that.

Nothing evaporates as quickly as a woman`s (or politician`s) tears .

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

There's really no reason for gun lovers and gun haters to be so divided... if both sides would calm down, they might actually be able to talk.

Not going to happen. The extreme gun nuts will only stand by and scream "shall not infringe" while the reasonable pro-2nd folks, such as myself, and the gun-haters try to talk like adults.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Do we not need to overhaul the current system?

NO.

What part of murder is ALREADY illegal is Obama, and his supporters missing ?

WHAT PART of 70 YEARS on constitutional violations of gun control that have FAILED are they also missing.

The only thing Obama is trying to do.

Is make it HARDER for you, me and EVERYONE else who isn't a criminal to practice our constitutional RIGHT.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I suspect January sales will be another record breaker.. I wonder if there is a mutual fund of gun OEM's
edit on 5-1-2016 by wildb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: introvert

Considering people flipped out about that too, I don't hold out much hope for this round. I think even the NRA flipped out over it. I just wish people would drop the hysteria everytime someone mentions guns (that goes for all sides). There's no gun grab and no EO so far has threatened one.

I wish the NRA would drop out of existence but Freedom of Association (sucks sometimes), I think their propaganda is toxic and harmful. There's really no reason for gun lovers and gun haters to be so divided... if both sides would calm down, they might actually be able to talk.

As cliche as it sounds, I fear that the plan is to incrementally restrict and/or remove our rights to bear arms.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join