It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The end of the protestant heresy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: piney
The Catholic Church will be seen shinning

The protestant churches are also catholic....

Nostradamus discribes the end of the protestant heresy

The heresy comes from the church of Rome, and their worshiping of idols.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: piney

This is what you need to know on the subject.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Catholics are Christians.

Yes we are. I love how protestants try to claim otherwise, but accept Coptic's who have the same beliefs, but do not recognize the Pope as being so.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Akragon

I got cheese popcorn! Gimme a minute and I'll fix some buttered.

Why do religions put down others who are not worshiping God "right? And who told them they had it right to begin with?

Because religion is man made, and when they cannot agree, they put down one another. Yay religion

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

If a time comes when being Christian and non-Catholic becomes a crime, don't expect to be happy. Forced one-world religion is a sign f the End Times. Maybe you can all band together Catholicism and Islam, and be one big unhappy family. The current and former popes seemed to like that idea.

Or, maybe you could adapt a Christian stance, listen to the Bible over the words of some dead guy, and get something right.

listen to the bible over the words of some dead guys, the hypocrisy is strong with this one, beware the force

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Depends on the person. Some are, and some likely are not. I can say the same for non-Catholic churches. Being Christian, by the definition I and many, many others use, means accepting Jesus as God and Savior. Anyone who does that is Christian, regardless of church attendance, or a lack thereof.

I never said someone couldn't be Christian and Catholic, either; I commented on the attitude expresed in th OP that non-Catholic Christians were heretics. Care to address that?

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

If a time comes when being Christian and non-Catholic becomes a crime, don't expect to be happy. Forced one-world religion is a sign f the End Times. Maybe you can all band together Catholicism and Islam, and be one big unhappy family. The current and former popes seemed to like that idea.

Or, maybe you could adapt a Christian stance, listen to the Bible over the words of some dead guy, and get something right.

listen to the bible over the words of some dead guys, the hypocrisy is strong with this one, beware the force

A fake "prophet" who wrote a lot of babbling nonsense that people twist and interpret to mean whatever they want it to mean should not be given credence over the Word of God, by someone who claims to follow said Word. Nothing hypocritical about that at all. Well, maybe from the OP, who uses non-Scriptural writing to talk about others being "heretics".

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I read the Muslims were going to conquer Europe according to the mhadi or whatever messiah they accept

I have no doubt that the Roman church will rise again and bring violence against anybody, Christian, Christian Catholic, or Jew, anyone who doesn't accept their beliefs

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

A fake "prophet" who wrote a lot of babbling nonsense that people twist and interpret to mean whatever they want it to mean should not be given credence over the Word of God, by someone who claims to follow said Word. Nothing hypocritical about that at all. Well, maybe from the OP, who uses non-Scriptural writing to talk about others being "heretics".

if a fake prophet wrote all of this feces, what is the true word of god, because apparently I followed the wrong one for many years. Every Christian I have ever met has violated the 10 Commandments, except one, and he was a good guy, but had a KKK robe and hood in his closet. My wife and I were swingers, people have sex with someone else's wife on Saturday night, and teaching Sunday school, sunday morning. Apparently Christians have no morals, and we are all better off being Pagan.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Nevermind, read further after posting, cleared things up for me. Carry on...
edit on 1/1/2016 by dogstar23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
I am new here but that was a sign of your dry sense of humor, right? You were being obtuse, right?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

The Catholic viewpoint on the supposed upcoming one world religion is this;

It won't be a religion that exists today therefore you can exclude Catholicism and Islam from it. The ideology behind this 'new religion' will be that all traditional religions have failed and are only causing war and conflicts (sound familiar?)

This new religion will be a humanist religion that will not worship any God, but put brotherhood and care for the planet as it's core values. It will need to be a totally new concept if the masses are going to fall for it. Furthermore as most of the population is Atheist or Agnostic these days, a monotheist religion from a couple of thousand years ago is not going to appeal to them and they will reject it.

So, sorry the Catholic Church is not part of the one world agenda. Furthermore by it's own internal prophesy it will shrink to the tiniest core of true believers during end times. And this is definitely happening as we speak.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

if a fake prophet wrote all of this feces, what is the true word of god, because apparently I followed the wrong one for many years. Every Christian I have ever met has violated the 10 Commandments, except one, and he was a good guy, but had a KKK robe and hood in his closet. My wife and I were swingers, people have sex with someone else's wife on Saturday night, and teaching Sunday school, sunday morning. Apparently Christians have no morals, and we are all better off being Pagan.

I think you missed my point here. Nostradamus is a false prophet. His writings are twisted and translated to match all sorts of things, and usually are far too vague to pin down. Why anyone ever thought he as accurate, I can't imagine.

As for your personal experiences, maybe meet some more sincere Christians? Christians aren't perfect, by a long shot, but the ones I know don't go around killing or stealing or the like. The simple truth, though, is that we all do sin, and that's the point. We aren't supposed to be perfect; we are supposed to accept that we can't be, and that His payment for our sins is what saves us. That isn't an excuse to sin, of course, and we should do the best we can to avoid it, but even the best of us will fail at some point or another. "For all have sinned" is a fact.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
The Catholic viewpoint on the supposed upcoming one world religion is this;

It won't be a religion that exists today therefore you can exclude Catholicism and Islam from it. The ideology behind this 'new religion' will be that all traditional religions have failed and are only causing war and conflicts (sound familiar?)

This new religion will be a humanist religion that will not worship any God, but put brotherhood and care for the planet as it's core values. It will need to be a totally new concept if the masses are going to fall for it. Furthermore as most of the population is Atheist or Agnostic these days, a monotheist religion from a couple of thousand years ago is not going to appeal to them and they will reject it.

So, sorry the Catholic Church is not part of the one world agenda. Furthermore by it's own internal prophesy it will shrink to the tiniest core of true believers during end times. And this is definitely happening as we speak.

Thanks for sharing that. I hadn't heard any opinion on that from anyone Catholic before. I have considered all sort of possibilities myself. Plenty of the non-Catholic churches could easily fall in with the one I stated above, too. More than easily. Some are halfway there now. Whatever happens, we can bet that a lot of deception will be involved. I do suspect some sort of mix, myself, simply because more people would accept that, if done carefully. Don't plane on being here to see it, myself, but we shall see what we see!

I do love discussing the whole End Times topic, and hearing the different opinions people have.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   

No problems

We Catholics do believe in the same things the wider Christian church does. We know that the church will fall - it was predicted to do so and it is happening now.

We know that it has gotten rotten to the core - also forewarned in the messages from Fatima. We even know that there is a great apostasy happening within it, bishops rising against bishops, priests against priests. And that's why we know a forced one world religion cannot come from within our walls - too much infighting and too much corruption.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Depends on the person. Some are, and some likely are not.

Whut?

No. It does not "depend" on the person. CATHOLICS are CHRISTIANS.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I'm a practicing, devout Roman Catholic. Today is a Holy Day of Obligation, The Solemnity of Blessed Mary, The Mother of God. So, all ya'll Catholics have been or will go to church today right?

Today's psalm is one of my faves.

I don't consider Nosto's stuff, I don't believe Nostos's stuff, I could care a less about Nosto's stuff. EVERYthing necessary for one's eternal salvation was made known by the incarnate Son of God, Jesus Christ. Jesus IS God.

We're not to dwell or try and predict the "end times". It's basically a waste of time. I worry about one end time...my own. It could happen today.

The Catholic Church was seriously screwed up and corrupt in the time of Martin Luther, a Catholic priest. Change was certainly necessary. The Reformation was necessary, but Luther was a heretic because he attempted change from outside the church, rather than from within the church. And altering scripture to suit your message is a serious no-no. The Reformation was a good thing, because it brought about The Counter Reformation.

"You are Peter and upon this Rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell will never prevail against it". So basically, I ain't worried about a thing. The times will always change, but The Catholic Church, the bride of Jesus Christ, she will stand forever, or at least until Jesus Christ returns again.

AMDG

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Currently many are, but the doctrine of One World Religion is not at all. You should be suspicious of it I would think being such a firm anti-religious person yourself.

Because when it comes, it won't care about your status as "conscientious objector." You'll convert or die just like the rest of us: Christian, Jew, Muslim, Sikh, Wiccan, New Age, or Buddhist.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

The protestant churches are also catholic....

Err, pardon me? How does that work then?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Yes, it depends on the person. Not everyone who pays lip service to something is what they say they are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join