It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bought two guns,have a question

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Enochstask
Didn't check my memos. Is it happening already...oh no....

Here was stupid olde me thinking it was a vanity trip.

edit on 30-12-2015 by rossacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker
The only problem I have people that carry are the arguments and justification for doing so. One gun isn't enough for some people. If someone said I'm fearful for my life and family life but really never want to harm another rhuman being then fair play, you were honest about your insecurities and a gun helps alleviate that stress/fear.

But for me those who hide behind standardised responses such as" I have the right to" "constitutional right", "amendment", "history shows tyrants" "government will kill us otherwise" is what I have a problem with, a detachment from social reality, a desire to have a gun more than a need. They lack the same levels of empathy that I would like to associate with, often a black and white approach h and no in between.

Obviously just my opinion . Have to stop cos this isn't a gun debate. Soz.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
a reply to: nwtrucker
The only problem I have people that carry are the arguments and justification for doing so. One gun isn't enough for some people. If someone said I'm fearful for my life and family life but really never want to harm another rhuman being then fair play, you were honest about your insecurities and a gun helps alleviate that stress/fear.

But for me those who hide behind standardised responses such as" I have the right to" "constitutional right", "amendment", "history shows tyrants" "government will kill us otherwise" is what I have a problem with, a detachment from social reality, a desire to have a gun more than a need. They lack the same levels of empathy that I would like to associate with, often a black and white approach h and no in between.

Obviously just my opinion . Have to stop cos this isn't a gun debate. Soz.

The justifications aren't much different than the 'wouldn't it be wonderful if there were no guns' argument/justifications for further gun restrictions.

Not everyone operates on the fear band. It's not fear that motivates buying a winter coat in the fall or preparing your car for the winter season. It's prudence.

My family has two AR's, not one. (Neither have even been zeroed in.) They are in the same mental status as the fire extinguisher, first-aid kit and reserve food in case of disaster.

In case of.

You have a point in questioning the justifications....yet what underlies your 'problem with' the justifications? It is what it is, from where I stand. Having a problem with it seems a waste of time, or you, yourself, have an underlying fear/motive?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

They might do a background check on your mental stability and why you need 2 guns.

I find it difficult to believe you may have missed the magnitude of such an insulting comment !

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

They might do a background check on your mental stability and why you need 2 guns.

Care to point out what part of the bill of rights says he needs to explain his need to own a gun?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: VashTheStampede

Yes, you will pay again.

I would like to commend you for taking the first step toward taking personal responsibility and authority back from the state. So what goodies did you get? i will go first.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: mockingmay
To add to what rossacus said, your avatar is absolutely assinine.

Jesus ! Did you folks get up on the wrong side of the bed , or what ?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

How many crimes have you stopped or how many criminals have you killed recently? Resolved any hostage situations this week on your days off duty?

If the answer is no I request you defer from the delusional that by somehow carrying a gun it is protecting people like me. All you are doing is helping alleviate your own paranoia, nothing more.
This complex you have developed as a result of serving the public is incredibly dangerous, projecting your insecurities onto people that aren't as fearful (aware as you would say) as you.

You don't protect me. You may have done when a cop (on duty) but in no way shape or form does you desiring to carry a weapon make me any safer. I am not sure why anyone would feel that way.

And if the answer was yes you have, than you are taking the law into your own hands which is even more dangerous than your perception.

Congratulation ! You have successfully hijacked a thread. You could man up and apologize for questioning the OPs Mental stability. I doubt your capacity to retract your insult , but give it a go it may help counter your sophomoric prattle on the OPs Question.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

My understanding is that if they are bought together as one purchase then one check will be done. (This could vary per state though).

a reply to: rossacus
Really, YOU only want me to have a gun at home.

Thanks but no thanks. By your logic I would be dead right now.

Are you rewriting the 2nd amendment now?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: mockingmay
To add to what rossacus said, your avatar is absolutely assinine.

Might be a person who just got old enough to purchase fire arms. Other wise, a bit creepy unless he is planning on heading over ISIS way.

I will give him credit for guts though. Given some of the recent events, that's the kind of thing get gets a person on radar with the good old government.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

bought together on one invoice i don't think so.
plus even if you do / did have to, i can't see there being a problem if you passed on the first one.

then as if you say, you have a concealed carry permit, that means you already passed two checks so there shouldn't have any problems at all.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Signing on to ATS already put you on the list

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

Why do gun owners say people are afraid of guns.where do you get off on that stance. Guns can't harm me without someone pulling the trigger so how can you ever come to that conclusion? I fear people that have guns like you, completely oblivious to the fact you are more of a threat to me with a gun than not. It's that simple.

You feel you are immune to human emotions and mistakes. To genuinely believe that I am afraid of guns when I state I fear the people with guns highlights to me you are a danger, regardless of you knowing yourself.

Why do you anti gun fans lump all gun owners in to one trigger happy group? I carry and have been in knock down fist fights while carrying. The guy was not trying kill me, so no weapon needed. He insulted my [ then ] wife, I called him on it, he was a di** and threw the first punch. He got his ass handed to him, but none of that "fill'em full of lead" BS happened. How about that case of road rage when the person jumps out with a base ball bat and starts wailing on you? OUT LAW BALL BATS!! Or tire irons and golf clubs, hammers.....
Millions of us carry on a daily basis and the chance of You getting shot are almost zero. It's just an excuse for your anti gun attitude.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: dazbog

Just rabid anti gunner that can't help jumping on anything to do with guns.
In other words...trolls.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I absolutely love how a guy asks a legitimate question and the anti-gun trolls jump in and completely trash the thread.

Yes, OP, as long as both purchases were recorded on the same 4473 and you passed the check, you should be good to go. Then again, now that I think about it, if its not in stock, they probably don't have the serial number to record for the 4473, so...you may well have to fill out another one and submit another check.
edit on 30-12-2015 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Why do you need more than one golf club? Surely you can do everything with a pitching wedge.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: dazbog
1...I have apologised to the OP for the thread drift, although the question was already answered.
2...you are further creating a thread drift by responding and picking up on a joke and becoming emotionally involved on his behalf. Be more self aware in future.
3 I never apologise for a joke, if you don't have the ability to distinguish joke from plain insult that is unfortunately your problem, not mine.
4 grow up. Why are people on ats so adverse to jokes and turn them into social crimes. The t &cs haven't changed to my understanding. You haven't witnessed a social injustice so don't act like it. Really pathetic stance. Seriously.

Plus the OP has created a thread when he knows fine well the answer, when any sane person would ask the people he purchased it off before looking for validation on a conspiracy website. If he genuinely wanted to know rather than an announcement, you simply ask why from where u got it. Simple.

I strongly suggest you grow a pair and stop being offended on other people's behalf.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: vor78
I absolutely love how a guy asks a legitimate question and the anti-gun trolls jump in and completely trash the thread.

Yes, OP, as long as both purchases were recorded on the same 4473 and you passed the check, you should be good to go. Then again, now that I think about it, if its not in stock, they probably don't have the serial number to record for the 4473, so...you may well have to fill out another one and submit another check.

Thank you for actually answering my question. It seems that just merely asking a honest to God question here can get some people riled up and feel like they have a say in what others can or can not own.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam
Because you know fine well why. Same as how guns are more effective at different distances.

Since when did ats become like this. Only in the last few months do people use these irrelevant extreme examples. Why the huge influx??

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Plus the OP has created a thread when he knows fine well the answer, when any sane person would ask the people he purchased it off before looking for validation on a conspiracy website. If he genuinely wanted to know rather than an announcement, you simply ask why from where u got it. Simple.

I'm an inpatient being and the gun store had closed an hour ago when I made my post,it was either wait for a longer time and call the gun store when it opens many hours later or get a answer quickly on the net,by the way you do know this is the weaponry section of ATS and not the conspiracy part right?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join