It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bought two guns,have a question

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I just bought a two guns,one the store had the other I had them order in(I paid for it ahead of time) and will be here in a few days.
I was not able to bring the first gun home the other day because the background check system was really busy,they called me today and said the check went through and that I could pick up gun one,my question is does the background check count for gun two as well or am I going to have to have a background check again when I pick up gun two?

I ask because I've never bought two guns at once and I've never ordered a gun while buying another.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: VashTheStampede

Take the first gun...go to the store where you bought the second one...wave a gun in front of the clerk and repeat these words:

"You dont need to check the other gun"

"These arent the guns youre looking for"

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

If they were on seperate orders/invoice then there will be a check for each instance I believe. If you lumped them together in a single transaction/invoice one check should do. Honestly you the merchant you ordered through will have your answer though.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
They might do a background check on your mental stability and why you need 2 guns.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
They might do a background check on your mental stability and why you need 2 guns.

You might like being defenseless,but when we have a very corrupt government ruling over the people and a recent terror attack I won't be taking any chances. I have carry permit and carry daily and have done so for many years,people like me keep people like you safe,also cops are minutes away when seconds matter,I say this as an ex cop.

(post by mockingmay removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist

If they were on seperate orders/invoice then there will be a check for each instance I believe. If you lumped them together in a single transaction/invoice one check should do. Honestly you the merchant you ordered through will have your answer though.

It was done as one order/invoice,thanks you are so far the only person who actually made a worthwhile comment.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: mockingmay
Quote Removed.

or the more likely conclusion that you don't understand the reference,it is reference to Obama saying we(USA) were providing money and weapons to "moderate" extremists in Syria.
edit on 12/30/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
How many crimes have you stopped or how many criminals have you killed recently? Resolved any hostage situations this week on your days off duty?

If the answer is no I request you defer from the delusional that by somehow carrying a gun it is protecting people like me. All you are doing is helping alleviate your own paranoia, nothing more.
This complex you have developed as a result of serving the public is incredibly dangerous, projecting your insecurities onto people that aren't as fearful (aware as you would say) as you.

You don't protect me. You may have done when a cop (on duty) but in no way shape or form does you desiring to carry a weapon make me any safer. I am not sure why anyone would feel that way.

And if the answer was yes you have, than you are taking the law into your own hands which is even more dangerous than your perception.
edit on 30-12-2015 by rossacus because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   

How many crimes have you stopped or how many criminals have you killed recently? Resolved any hostage situations this week on your days off duty?

If the answer is no I request you defer from the delusional that by somehow carrying a gun it is protecting people like me. All you are doing is helping alleviate your own paranoia, nothing more.
This complex you have developed as a result of serving the public is incredibly dangerous, projecting your insecurities onto people that aren't as fearful (aware as you would say) as you.

You don't protect me. You may have done when a cop (on duty) but in no way shape or form does you desiring to carry a weapon make me any safer. I am not sure why anyone would feel that way.

And if the answer was yes you have, than you are taking the law into your own hands which is even more dangerous than your perception.

Fear the guns, it's very healthy. Fear them while telling gun owners how afraid they are.

You should also fear band saws and other power tools too. They are very dangerous. Motor vehicles and prescription drugs are very scary too, better stop using both.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
no need to explain why you want more than one gun. Second amendment. 'nuff said. Thats the only response you will EVER need when someone asks that question, anyone from sjw's behind monitors to law enforcement. The only answer to why should always be "Because it is my right to, that is why" . Going any further will just be feeding trolls.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I fear guns? Is that what you got from what I posted? Lmao. I fear the people that think they are doing a public service by carrying a gun, some self righteous vigilantes that take it upon themselves to resolve crime, that's what I fear, their lack of self awareness.

If gun owners don't fear the possibility than why carryone. The just incase excuse is only a mask to the fear of the possibility rather than better to have one than not need one.

Your only convincing yourself with non fear based justifications. Many have guns at home and don't feel the need to carry them on the streets cos they have less paranoia and far more logical thought processes.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

In all fairness your standardised response will provoke more trolls than someone explaining why they feel that way. Just saying. Because it's my right opens up a can of worms.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

Well? Would you rather have one and not need it? Or vice versa?

I don't get what point you're trying to make.

OP you might have to pay for another, idk. You should have just waited till both guns were in and bought them together.
edit on 30-12-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Not for guns. But in the home I can understand, everyone to themselves. On the street and in public definetly not. It's creates more problems that it could possibly solve.

It all stemmed from my first post which was highlighting the OP'S delusional state that by him carrying a gun he is protecting me. Statements like that is why I have such a strong opinion about people carrying guns.

Sorry about thread drift OP. I think others have answered it

My point in that post that the desire to have a gun is based on fear. A fear that many will attribute with sentences like "better to have one than not". That thought process derives from a fear of the unknown, that's all, Wetherby people wish to acknowledge it or not..

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

Really? I carry everyday. I know a bunch of others that do as well.

It's a precaution. Like airbags. I think the other poster was right, you're afraid of guns.

Unless you can give me some evidence that private gun ownership creates more problems.. Doubt you can, though.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   

You want evidence on social situations and how they can easily change when a gun is present? Really? Just because you feel competent in controlling your own emotions and urges doesn't mean others are equally as competent. You may feel you are accurate, others won't be as much.

Whenever I have held or fired a gun I have enjoyed it alot, like most people.

Why do gun owners say people are afraid of guns.where do you get off on that stance. Guns can't harm me without someone pulling the trigger so how can you ever come to that conclusion? I fear people that have guns like you, completely oblivious to the fact you are more of a threat to me with a gun than not. It's that simple.

You feel you are immune to human emotions and mistakes. To genuinely believe that I am afraid of guns when I state I fear the people with guns highlights to me you are a danger, regardless of you knowing yourself.

Also asking for evidence is a pretty poor stance to take when I'm sure you have an IQ over 90. Anyone in there right mind will be able to acknowledge that a town full of guns will be less safe for individuals than a town not full of guns. To say otherwise is purposely trying to argue/troll than debate.

Fear guns....makes me laugh everytime. I fear cutlery and moving objects too.

I will let you respond and I won't reply out of respect for the OP'S thread. Enjoy your day.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

He needs two guns because the Kenyan Communist is flooding our country with muslim terrorist. Where in the hell have you been?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Not for guns. But in the home I can understand, everyone to themselves. On the street and in public definetly not. It's creates more problems that it could possibly solve.

It all stemmed from my first post which was highlighting the OP'S delusional state that by him carrying a gun he is protecting me. Statements like that is why I have such a strong opinion about people carrying guns.

Sorry about thread drift OP. I think others have answered it

My point in that post that the desire to have a gun is based on fear. A fear that many will attribute with sentences like "better to have one than not". That thought process derives from a fear of the unknown, that's all, Wetherby people wish to acknowledge it or not..

One side fears guns, or as in your case, fears people carrying them, the other side fears the potential consequence of not having those guns.

Either way...fear is a factor.

I can see a point where the asset of an armed citizenry is passed by road rage incidents and the like.

The real issue is insanity. Fear that. Fear the so-called experts that further that insanity with psycho-tropics. Blaming those that choose carrying though is not particularly helpful.

As in all things, I prefer having the choice. I choose not to carry.
edit on 30-12-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join