It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As long as we have religion in this world we will have...Wars...Hatred...Divisiveness.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
As long as we have religion in this world we will have...Wars...Hatred...Divisiveness.

Ask yourself would any god of any worth want you to kill others in their name?

What makes your god better than another god?

Does it really make sense to you that there can be so many different gods?

Do you really think a god of any kind actually wrote a book and handed it down in 20 different languages?

Conspiracy? You bet. The religious scholars are at the root of all of it. They are the ones that have decided what to write and what to translate from all different kinds of "religious" text.

Preachers, Priests, Rabbis...whatever, whomever, tells you what ever they want to tell you and they all speak as if what they are saying is god's word.

What god? If you knew what the truth was you would be shocked, but unfortunately across the world so many different religions all claim to be the truth...How is it possible that they can all be right? They can't. They are not. They will never be.

The truth is what you think it is, but is that really the truth?

No. Because no matter what you think the truth is can never be anything other than your own subjective opinion and it is usually based on a brainwashed convoluted religion.

How about this...one higher power...no religion necessary...just Spiritual Power...based on one thing love for each other and all living things...not just for one day out of every year, but every day is the same...the day of love.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

You forgot human nature somewhere in there

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Anansi

thats a great point if We were all to do away with religion then people would just find another reason to fight and go to war, nothing would change

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anansi

You forgot human nature somewhere in there

Yep. Religion without man is just a book. As with any tool, the greatest obstacle is the mind that wields it.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
GOD is where?... within you! enough said.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I'll flag you mate, i have thought this for ages, history is a funny thing.

One day, the truth will set us all free, but not before the biggest uprising of all of time.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

you a liar, your feet stink, and you don't love Jesus.

no really, none of the big wars in recent history have been religious wars. even now the war on terror is not a holy war.
at least on the U.S. side or the coalition it hasn't been, it was a money deal.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Exactly. I've said it before, all the world needs to live by is the golden rule.

I just can't believe how ignorant people can be to actually believe their God would want them to kill, torture and maim people. Religion has been the catalyst for a lot of killings in the past and up to it's present day. You would think humanity would be smarter than this.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

what about control of the land most wars are for the control of the lands resourses
and it is disguised as religion wars but really its the land

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy

One day, the truth will set us all free, but not before the biggest uprising of all of time.

History is a funny thing

History shows that some of the worst slaughters in history werent done because of religion

This premise that if religion was gone all would be fine is ridiculous and touted by those who dont know history or human nature

/end rant

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

History is a funny thing

History shows that some of the worst slaughters in history werent done because of religion

This premise that if religion was gone all would be fine is ridiculous and touted by those who dont know history or human nature

/end rant

I agree. The actual solution is the timely extinction of the human race.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
WRONG..

Collective EGO is the culprit.

Religion is just a symptom

We're all tribalistic MORONS and ANIMALS
edit on 22-12-2015 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

... no matter what you think the truth is can never be anything other than your own subjective opinion

You kind of shot yourself in the foot there didn't you? Or does this not apply to you as well?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Either your name is written in the book of life, or it isn't. Now repent! and you can join my religion, and we'll all watch god slaughter the heathens together during the tribulation. And if you don't repent, and accept my religion. You'll be one of the heathens being slaughtered, and forever condemned after god kills your body.

What's wrong with religion? I don't see the problem.
edit on 12/22/2015 by Klassified because: wrong word

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Jesus and Budda never taught to conquer and kill, the opposite actually. Taoism is the same. Seems the OP doesn't know his history.

Many of the wars the OP speaks of are the works of man's ambition

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Ask yourself would any god of any worth want you to kill others in their name?

What makes your god better than another god?

Does it really make sense to you that there can be so many different gods?

Do you really think a god of any kind actually wrote a book and handed it down in 20 different languages?

Conspiracy? You bet. The religious scholars are at the root of all of it. They are the ones that have decided what to write and what to translate from all different kinds of "religious" text.

Preachers, Priests, Rabbis...whatever, whomever, tells you what ever they want to tell you and they all speak as if what they are saying is god's word.

What god? If you knew what the truth was you would be shocked, but unfortunately across the world so many different religions all claim to be the truth...How is it possible that they can all be right? They can't. They are not. They will never be.

The truth is what you think it is, but is that really the truth?

No. Because no matter what you think the truth is can never be anything other than your own subjective opinion and it is usually based on a brainwashed convoluted religion.

How about this...one higher power...no religion necessary...just Spiritual Power...based on one thing love for each other and all living things...not just for one day out of every year, but every day is the same...the day of love.

You both answer and contradict your own OP. The answer is no god would wish it. If they wouldn't and humans do anyways in whatever name is convenient, nationalism , Religion, power, greed. even sport it is a HUMAN condition not a religious one. YOU KNOW IT.

Both Gulf Wars
Vietnam
Korea
WWII
WWI
Spanish-American War
The War of 1812
The Revolutions, American Russian, French on and on.

It isn't Religion, it's mankind...

Pure bunk on your part....

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
There are many things I wish man was, but he isn't. When you are able to walk that thin line of truth, it becomes... strange..
I looked into every side I could find in this ongoing myth and the truth hurts.. It really isn't anything you could imagine in your worst nightmare, it's a lot worse.. Those who have seen the light only tells a fraction each time, mostly to say.. Wrong way.. I can read the bible for what it's purpose is for.. And it's the only book that you need.. I've seen primates without fear living by the rules of an alpha and well.. Nature doesn't know what evil nor good means.. Only reason the most of you are alive today is cause of religion, a Sun god, felt the importance to build a monument of grandeur..

The truth is, we are nothing but primates with a great imagination

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Agreed, to say all the bad in the world it caused by religion is naive and short sighted

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

History is a funny thing

/end rant

And some were, i never said 'all wars were religion based',
Your "rant " is noted
yet un-neccessary towards my post.
good to see you got that off your chest, now go back and read my post for what it is worth and reply to me again.....

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: nwtrucker

Agreed, to say all the bad in the world it caused by religion is naive and short sighted

I heard from somewhere that the lust for money is the root of all evil. Its hard to argue with that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join