It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As long as we have religion in this world we will have...Wars...Hatred...Divisiveness.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Worship equals War Ship.
It is disguised as "worship" but it is truly War Ship. Yes, get that initial giggle out and continue reading My words, as 'worshipping' is the biggest reason for wars.
Those men who build languages for MASSES to think in, are very versed in metaphysical natures.
When You pray to something that You do not know is truly there, You join the 'War Ship'. You worship something You don't know of and cannot see. You divide Yourself from Yourself and everyone around You.
Well in this language We call this "Blind Faith" Now when You have many factions worshipping, just different names that are man made, now there is 'division', the opposite of being WHOLE.
Now You've entered the 'War Ship' You clash with those who pray to the SAME CONCEPT under different names (Gods have no identity, just bogus names Man made up) This is inferior mentality.
Even though they are all human, all came from the SAME SOURCE, all are 5-based beings (think pentagram geometry)
One becomes concrete in what they worship, they judge and demonize those not praying to the same NAME.
Now You have war/division.
ISIS is defending it's concepts because the ONLY power those who join the War Ship have is physical chaos to those who oppose. Internally their people are weak and are not worthy to ascend to their internal potentials.
STOP worshipping and start accepting ALL, no matter the name they worship and if Your 'TRUTH' needs to be pushed then how TRUE is it really?
Truth needs no book, no doctrine, no dogma, no heirarchy. Truth stands on it's own, the rest is just pushing to compete with Truth and that is falsehood.

namaste

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
AS long as you have people in charge of this world you will have wars, hospitals and graveyards.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

People don't need a reason to kill each other. It is our nature.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
bias like this post is why there is wars. A religion is just a series of beliefs. If you follow the beliefs of a higher power or a political party, its still a religion. Just the elitist who think they are enlightened, just don't see the forest for the trees, and don't call their series of beliefs a religion.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

The social problem you are trying to address is not caused by religion, it may in many cased be exacerbated by religion and differences in religious ideology but in truth the problem is far more down to human nature.

Even in today's society's we are a tribal or even herd species and so any number of factor's can become rallying call's to certain group's, without religion it would merely gravitate to another one of these social structures
such as politics, race or other ideology and also remember this.

The civilization within which you now dwell was built partially upon the back of religion, indeed religion provides far more then it takes such as social structure reinforcement, a method to identify with a certain group whom may in all other ways be totally different from an individual and so a reinforcement of that level of social cohesion.

The list goes on and on but of course it is in vogue to bash religion and those whom adhere to it.

Take Christianity, though oft abused and misunderstood in less tolerant ages and periods it nevertheless serves to foster the concepts of tolerance and freedom of speech in later years and without it you would actually be living in a very different world and certainly a less tolerant and human one, in a world of atheist values euthanasia of any that do not comply to the accepted standard would become normal and the rule of fascist dictatorship's would spiral out of control (not saying it has not already but you get my drift).

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

*Claps*

If i was smart with words I would have posted that verbatim

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
S&F for you OP!
2nd line

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I regard strong advocates of Spirituality as religious as many of theistic faiths.
Equally unverifiable.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Anansi

Good point. Human nature created religion. Or human nature is why it exists

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

There are certain aspects I hugely disagree with, I am not gonna disclose them.. But I'm for total population control..

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Which would stagnate the human race and stop our technological and evolutionary development as well as trap our race on the earth, a race/species that no longer grows or adapts is doomed to extinction, population control yes but not total population control and the race has to grow to drive our need to expand.

Anyway there is room on earth for over a hundred billion human's if we simply put our skill's to the correct use, we could build huge frame pyramids with decks that could have field's for crop's and even forests as well as habitation (not to mention all that unused volume of space underground, the higher up the more shielding in the form of glass sides, mirrors and solar power as well as geothermal power to supplement the climate control at this higher altitudes and provide more light to the lower decks (though the spacing between each deck would get less with altitude to maintain constant light level's throughout the structure) artificial irrigation etc.

Obviously we would need a cohesive government and to pool our resources in order to enter this lower echelon of the next stage of a civilization's development but to stay at our current level and simply cull the excess population would come back to bite our race on it's back side very viciously indeed and we would indeed become doomed to extinction.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

You miss to see it.. We are part of this earth, this earth isnt a part of us.. Stop dreaming of something that will never be.. This is our home, this is where we die.. All the rest is just your imagination

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I think 100 billion of us would even be too much for God

We would never reach that many people because before we did we'd destroy the world or each other
All of those human beings would destroy the planet in no time flat

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I dont think that spirituality or religious faith in general can take the blame for war and discord existing. They do not go hand in hand by any measurable means. Even when people are bad at it they go to war. There has been war since the dawn of humanity. Since we have been on earth not a single day has passed without armed conflict in mass somewhere on the planet. Spirituality has been expressed in one form or another by most people since the dawn of man as well. They are both part of us but not inherent to each other.

edit on 12 23 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I'm not sure you understand what "Religion" is, considering the way you attempted to contrast it with "Spiritual Power". Spirituality and Religion are 2 different words and perceptions on one thing, belief, generally linked to societal structure (creed).

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Infinitis

Religion is a man made construct...spiritual power is a life force...Try reading what I wrote.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Oh religion most definitely plays a part in wars and has for 1000's of years, is religion the only culprit? No. I simply think that way to much emphasis is placed on fake BS and we as humans could place more of our spiritual beings as importance rather than trying to convince each other one god is better than another.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

No this is where we live and we do a terrible job of loving each other because of this need to focus on religious rhetoric.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Spiritual Power is verifiable, religious rhetoric is man made BS.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Mjab6910

Thanks.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join