It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As long as we have religion in this world we will have...Wars...Hatred...Divisiveness.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree
One would have to be rather young in experience of the world or just pure naïve to believe that the world is messed up 'because' of religion. News flash, humans are on archeological record of having murdered, rape, pillaged, and mayhemed each other for thousands of years before the first recorded instances of religion.

Nevermind the fact that no war is actually fought for the sake of relligions, its always about resource control and wealth. Even ISIS is a tool of NATO and the GULF arab states for explicit purpose of removing Assad as an obstacle to a Saudi energy pipeline to Europe. Unfortunately it looks like Russia is paying us back for taking out their number 1 arms trafficker, Victor Boute back in 2010 or so by exposing the NATO and Israeli support of ISIS.

Usually the unspoken agreement behind the scenes is that we do not expose our dirty players. Unfortunately it seemed that our power brokers on this side misjudged the leverage I suppose??. Not saying he did not deserve it. Just explaining how tit for tat works.
edit on 22-12-2015 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Anansi

No I didn't it is implied.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: malevolent

I didn't say it was the only reason.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: openedeyesandears

If you say so. Semantics I suppose. I choose to refer to what is within me as a spiritual power.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

Thanks, but history has very little to do with it. Humans just seem to need something to hang their hat on when it comes to trying to figure out what side to land on when in fact it is all the same side just worded to fit a mantra and agenda. All we really need to do is love each other for who we are. Simple really, yet we humans make it complex by looking for ways to divide and conquer.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Religion is a scam and will always be so, unless we get some eye opening truth to come out of no where. Big fat SCAM I tell ya

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Right because indigenous folks never warred, communism never caused any harm, and atheists never kill people.

Nope its human nature. Or maybe just nature.

People use all kinds of things to control people .

And no I am not religious.

What would help is equality and the control of greed which has nothing to do with religion.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
If only we could realize that the only thing truly separating us is ourselves. People need to stop separating into groups, Christian, Muslim, Atheist, etc., and fighting about trivial things. We need to stop fighting over labels, and come together to look at what is really going on. Unfortunately, the chances of that are currently slim to none.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I am afraid that as long as people die , there will always be religion. And the evil ones that play on that fear and can control masses into hating and killing anyone that does not fit.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

You are absolutely correct. Though, if all religions ceased to exist today, for the next 5,000 years, guess what we would still have? Yep, wars, hatred and divisiveness.

Do you actually believe those things are caused by religion?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

man those things are present in nearly every type of life in the land, sea, air, and dirt. Since they are not us though, we dont equate ourselves to the same nature as these primitive beings. I would love to meet an energy being while I am still mortal, but it just does not usually happen until were dead and our own energy has transcended.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

What ? history has to do with everything..... heard of evolution ....... and you cant have a revolution without history, nor can you have a tomorrow without a today.
Everything is based on history, even new ideas are based on history.
edit on 23/12/2015 by scubagravy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Interesting how many of you failed to read the entire OP.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Even though I believe religon and god are obviously man made, the problem is, we are a destructive, violent race as a whole, so we would find other excuses to do the horrible things we do.

Will we ever change? Maybe if we find evidence of intelligent life in the universe. Maybe that might bring us together.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Edit
Deleted
Point already made

edit on 23-12-2015 by artistpoet because: edit

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: malevolent
a reply to: Anansi

thats a great point if We were all to do away with religion then people would just find another reason to fight and go to war, nothing would change

Yep. If religion wasn't allowed, the majority would end up having to enforce it with brute force. You can't do away with something as persistent as religion without force. Nobody ever wants to talk about that.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Well first let me say that religion is not to blame at all. Religion does nothing if no man follows it...just like my pistol does nothing sitting in my closet. In fact, I would argue that religion can and is often times used as a source of love, inspiration, fellowship, and charity in the world. But as is with all things, it can be viewed as evil if one desired to see it as such. Take planned parenthood as an example....good or bad? Well, depends who you ask doesn't it?

As far as your God questions go...I think it would be wise if you were to really take the time to examine multiple cultures and consequently multiple beliefs...as not many "gods" actually instruct their followers to kill maim or torture...you, like many others before you, seem tohave been caught up in presuming everyone is a particular religion...one which you apparently despise

A2D

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Brute Force.... And Gentle Persuasion... And Order. It Works Better When Only One Source Is Effective.
Too Many Sources Dabbling In The Know.

Let's Beat Each Other Up For Not Taking In Our Fare Share...

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I'm glad you figured it out. Here I thought it was mostly human nature and money. But it makes sense since right now every religion is literally at war. I mean, have you looked outside? I just saw a christian and a Buddhist in a gun fight!

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Religion is a scam, the same as the first shaman who lived away from the rest of the tribe to speak to the spirits and supposedly bring wisdom and protection to the tribe was brought the things he needed to survive by the rest of the tribe for providing his bogus services.

Things have never really changed all that much for quite some time.

Modern Day Shaman says....

I speak to, and represent a god which cannot be proven to exist, to ease the fears of the flock of the inevitable and unavoidable, provide knowledge of the unknowable and comfort that cannot be, in return for tax breaks and free money to live a better life than you, because I am better than you.

A God which does not reply to questions or provide any information would occupy the same space a a politician who does not speak.
No lies=No Votes=No public office. I gave up asking for some kind of reply that I didn't have to extrapolate and create by myself completely out of my own imagination and wishful thinking and hope, from the complete lack of anything to say by that imaginary entity in the sky long ago.

I'm pretty much done caring what people think about what I think.
edit on 23-12-2015 by MyHappyDogShiner because: Who Cares

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join