It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tube stabbing 'terrorist incident'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: movingmyeye

I must say I do like Western Political thinking

We have a problem... bomb it
We made the problem worse... bomb it some more
We made the problem MUCH worse... bomb it and suppress it with invasion

I'm just waiting for the "The problem is now so out of control, bombing has no effect and everybody in the problem hates our invasion.... Nuke it"

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kukri
It seems that any act of public violence by some whacko is getting classified as terrorism in order to enact harsher penalties and infringe individual rights.

Welcome to the new norm!

I think him yelling out "this is for Syria" and "Allahu Akbar"...had something to do with it

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
I think him yelling out "this is for Syria" and "Allahu Akbar"...had something to do with it

Did he yell "Allahu Akbar"? I didn't see any reference to that.

edit on 7/12/2015 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
a reply to: movingmyeye

I must say I do like Western Political thinking

We have a problem... bomb it
We made the problem worse... bomb it some more
We made the problem MUCH worse... bomb it and suppress it with invasion

I'm just waiting for the "The problem is now so out of control, bombing has no effect and everybody in the problem hates our invasion.... Nuke it"

Well, it's 2015....and now we have an established 7th Century Caliphate. What now?

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

De he yell "Allahu Akbar"? I didn't see any reference to that.

You're correct. I thought he did while on the ground. He did not.

My error.

Still "This is for Syria" has it's own merit.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

To bring what you are saying up to date

'You never want a serious crisis to go to waste."
-Rahm Emanuel

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: selfharmonise

But we dont even know yet if he is even a syrian refugee or a home grown nutcase.

in fact none of the attacks have been by syrians but home grown jihadis.

Now now play the game. Stop presenting inconvenient facts. You will be stating that Christians born in the UK have created more terrorists attacks in the 70's and 80's than all the ISIS attacks combined!

ISIS is a cult not an army rampaging across Europe like the Nazis. We are being whipped into hysteria.

The stats are worse than that mate.

Since 2001 there's been more IRA convicted for terror offences than muslims of any nationality, sect or extremist group combined.

In the last 50 years the IRA have caused 36,000 shooting incidents and over 10,000 bomb explosions, according to the government terror database. Over the course of 33 years, more than 3,500 people were killed, 1,707 by the IRA.

There's been less than 100 killed by Muslims over this period and I can only think of eight bombs, which failed to kill anyone apart from 7/7.

For this to have even made the news, let alone be declared a terrorist incident, is laughable.

If this guys ISIS, he makes the guys from Four Lions look like brain surgeons.

edit on 6-12-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DrHammondStoat

They couldn't use lethal force they are not armed apart from the tazer. I agree they did well though.

There are armed rapid response units across East London. Given how close it is to Hackney, a pound to a penny says they were right behind the normal police.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

It's like the numpties who tried to bomb Oval underground station back in 2005. Anyone who knows the Tube south of the river knows a) the place is deserted during the day and b) it would only cause relatively light disruption because you can go around it using a different line.

Still, any excuse to shoot a Brazilian painter and decorator on the way to work...

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: residentofearth
a reply to: Shamrock6

How much more evidence we need to clearly say we are attacked on our land for our kindness, help and tolerance? How more refugees we have to accept to these attacks became stopped? Are You Brits ready for another 22/05, 7/7?

This is example of that you don't need a gun to fight for Syria on West.

How much more evidence we need to clearly say we are attacked on our land BY our own, ALLOWING the worst scum to operate, and pretend it is about kindness, help and tolerance ??

Being played on all sides, is about as kind of words as one can use.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell
Can't say the Jews done it. May have been a few benefactors from it but they didn't do it. I would reevaluate that view if I was you but I too have some strange views on things so can't really have a go....

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982

Leytonstone station is not the easiest places to get to

Four stops from Liverpool Street on the Central Line. Hardly difficult.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

My reference was to the "road" layout of the area not the Underground network its a very busy area esp heading into it from Whipps cross road and the roundabout which goes into a one way system.

If we take into account what you have put forward without even allowing for waiting times it would still be over 16 minutes travel time between those two stations.

www.londondrum.com...

RA

edit on 6-12-2015 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Terror incidents will sadly occur regardless of any myriad of laws that our current crop of politicians are thinking of. They happen in places with strong gun control laws, they happen in every part of the globe.

The terrorists are not afraid of western laws or western punishment.

We need to terrorize the terrorists if we want this to stop. imho

I like the UK and am sorry to see them suffer as well.

Well said. All terrorists need are themselves and a will to commit violence.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

originally posted by: bastion

It's like the numpties who tried to bomb Oval underground station back in 2005. Anyone who knows the Tube south of the river knows a) the place is deserted during the day and b) it would only cause relatively light disruption because you can go around it using a different line.

Still, any excuse to shoot a Brazilian painter and decorator on the way to work...

Precisely, I'm not saying this to show off or be proud as it was bloody stupid but at age 9 - 11 me and mates were making fertiliser bombs by nicking stuff from confectonary isles and B & Q - I'm by no means clever, we were dtupid enought to make fertiliser bombs but luckily kept our hands and never harmed anyone - but anyone with two brain cells can make a huge bomb and kill thousands if they're sick, twisted and mental enough to think that's a good idea; the idea we're meant to be scared of a lone nutter with a knife, especially when those filming him appear to be Muslims and are shouting at the guy saying he's a coward and not a real Muslim should be something we should be proud of, not scared of - same goes for the heroic police who subdued him with a taser and a couple of pressure point moves instead of opening fire in a public place wen there we're roughly 10,000 armed guards in the area who could have just put a bullet in his head if thy wanted to.

In the UK we do things legally and civillised, we don't murder people just because they have a six inch blade. Even members of the public are laying into the guy exposing him as a fraud and coward - we're not the US we've dealt with this for well over 500 years, one lone nutter won't make a single difference - even the witnesses are taking the piss out of the scum who did this. We've evolved far beyond the point where owning guns is seen as a credible solution to dealing with a #ing idiot who can't even find a busy area in one of the most densley populated areas of the world to carry out a 'terrorist attack' - I know six year olds who've caused far more murder and chaos who have an IQ in single digits - if I was ISIS/Al Qu'eda or whatever nutter group I'd be embarrassed by how incompetent this guy was - he couldn't even face a taser - I'm disabled and epileptic and still have no problem running through 50,000 volt torture chambers in survival races - this guys just a wimp and a coward - I've seen women aged 87 run through several acres of electrified wires and not a single one was soft enough to give up or fall to the ground - they just put up, shut up and got on with the race.

If anything this should be used as abti-ISIS propaganda to show how soft they are.

edit on 6-12-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   
The police did well in that situation. This whole ISIS thing is entirely the government's fault and we need to hold them to account for it but the threat is real now and the only thing people can do is be vigilant and look after each other.

I'd say at this point if you're of fighting age take up some kind of martial art so you can have at least a limited capacity to protect yourself and others in case this kind of thing happens again. It could have easily gone badly for that policeman.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: residentofearth

How much more evidence we need to clearly say we are attacked on our land for our kindness, help and tolerance? How more refugees we have to accept to these attacks became stopped? Are You Brits ready for another 22/05, 7/7?

This is example of that you don't need a gun to fight for Syria on West.

1.) This is an attack by a maniac

2.) Kindness, help, and tolerance? There are millions of Syrian refugees, in what was once a thriving country before the UK, USA, France backed the terrorist uprising. UK took in a few thousand refugees. This has nothing to do with the refugee crisis or Syria.

3.) The Paris attack were perpetrated by EU citizens

4.) UK Intelligence analyst says that 7/7 was an inside job and got fired for....
www.youtube.com...

edit on 7-12-2015 by Debunkology because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: residentofearth

Unlike the USA we dont descend into paranoid hysteria and knee jerk reactions (mostly).

Hopefully we can look at this cleary, wait for the investigation and treat this as a tragic incident but not one to erode our freedoms , values and culture of tolerance.

Yeah we do, that's why we're bombing Syria. Same # different country.

Corbyn and the SNP wanted more time to debate bombing because the evidence didn't mount up.
Hilary (not a girl) Benn gave his rousing speech to push undecided MP's into the yes camp.
Oh and that was after the PM called the opposition terrorist sympathisers. Then refused to apologise. (Straight outta Nazi Germany)

No, the 'terrorist symapathiser' comment was against parts of the shadow cabinet - Corbyn has spoken of 'our friends in Hezbollah', John McDonnel has talked about the 'bravery' of the IRA (and actually called for them to be honoured), Livingstone talked only a couple of weeks ago on the BBC TV show question time about the 'sacrifices' suicide bombers had made - that's three examples I'm aware of but I doubt they are the only ones. That certainly suggests sympathy, if not empathy with terrorists - it was left to others to claim he was referring to anyone who was against any action.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

No, the 'terrorist symapathiser' comment was against parts of the shadow cabinet - Corbyn has spoken of 'our friends in Hezbollah', John McDonnel has talked about the 'bravery' of the IRA (and actually called for them to be honoured), Livingstone talked only a couple of weeks ago on the BBC TV show question time about the 'sacrifices' suicide bombers had made - that's three examples I'm aware of but I doubt they are the only ones. That certainly suggests sympathy, if not empathy with terrorists - it was left to others to claim he was referring to anyone who was against any action.

Does that apply to members of his own party who have close links with Ulster loyalists? Members of his own government who armed Syrian and Libyan opposition groups without asking too many questions? Members of Tory youth groups in the 1980s who supported direct action by right wing South African groups?

Bottom line: Cameron has a great line in saloon bar banter but, ultimately, he's a lying sack of sh*t.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

The MSM is hyping Americans as being scared and paranoid. I do not know a single person who actually is.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join