It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tube stabbing 'terrorist incident'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech
I know what you mean but this is different. Young British muslims have such a negative outlook on life (well every single 1 I have interacted with). In retail, you can tell who is Muslim and who is not simply because of the eyes. Might sound racist/profiling but eyes tell you everything you need to know about someone's current state. Remember I am talking about young British muslims, not all muslims at all.

I'm sure the older generations could be better or worse, but I have been unable to formulate an opinion on it due to limited interaction.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

I know many young British Muslims and they are doing fine.
Yeah we all moan about work but I know none of them agree with ISIS and are as Yorkshire as they come.

I did have to smile at a comment shouted at the guy from a passerby "You aint no Muslim Bruv".

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
a reply to: laminatedsoul

I lived in a predominantly Muslim area in Birmingham while at uni, they were all pretty peace loving and friendly during my time apart from the kids, they had attitudes but what kids don't

As for the attack, it seems "for Syria" is the new "Allahu Akhbar" and classed as instant terror attack preplanned by IS when it's probably some IS loving goon looking for some IS brownie points and a possible recruitment interview if he ever gets released from his cell

Does it matter if it was a lone goon? It still caused terror and him declaring it was for Syria showed he was following the instructions from the videos put out by IS.

Yes he was pretty incompetent, the attack was very hurried, random and inneficient (luckily for the man that survived) but it was still IS related. I suspect this guy will probably turn out to have mental problems or be a heavy drug user with few friends. Something actually planned by IS will likely have better weapons, a strategy of some sort to maximise casualties and multiple attackers. At the end of the day it's that same outcome for the public - terror and panic.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Tazer him tazer him Oh it didn't work

I hope the person injured makes a full recovery.
edit on 6-12-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Met Police have confirmed 3 people stabbed, one seriously.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

If he survived the night his outlook is promising, hopefully.

edit on 6-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Same here.

Most muslims I know are disgusted by whats going on in syria.

Ok they dont exactly have a love for UK and USA foreign policy, but then who does?

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Tazer him tazer him Oh it didn't work

I hope the person injured makes a full recovery.

I think the tazering worked. They did it once or twice and the guy gave up and surrended. He obviously couldn't stand being tazered another time.

There are also reports that the knife was only 2 or 3 inches, so to me this seems like a very disorganised attack probably by someone unstable who didn't really plan it or even think of getting a 'better' weapon.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: residentofearth

Unlike the USA we dont descend into paranoid hysteria and knee jerk reactions (mostly).

Hopefully we can look at this cleary, wait for the investigation and treat this as a tragic incident but not one to erode our freedoms , values and culture of tolerance.

Yeah we do, that's why we're bombing Syria. Same # different country.

Corbyn and the SNP wanted more time to debate bombing because the evidence didn't mount up.
Hilary (not a girl) Benn gave his rousing speech to push undecided MP's into the yes camp.
Oh and that was after the PM called the opposition terrorist sympathisers. Then refused to apologise. (Straight outta Nazi Germany)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

Strange you say this as it's generally the younger muslims who are more willing to adopt to the Western culture than the older ones, maybe it's the job sector which is part of the problem. I haven't ever met many happy people in the retail sector, a few fake smiles but nobody generally happy doing their job. Every Muslim I've met has been pleasant and never made me feel uncomfortable, apart from one weird guy who offered to cook me dinner randomly on the street but I think he had some mental problem. I think a huge problem in the UK is the segregation of Muslim areas in the cities, but that is more due to the housing being cheaper in those areas than anything else I'd imagine

a reply to: DrHammondStoat

Sorry but I'm not terrified or had any panic, it's a tragedy but no reason to be concerned about daily life. 1 guy out of how many Muslims in the UK ? How many attacks in France after their recent attack ? none I'd be getting concerned if these things were happening weekly but they're just isolated incidents at the moment, if we had something on the scale of France or Cali then I might be slightly concerned but one loon with a knife and nobody dead thankfully is not really a "terror" attack. Do you think if it was White person who had done this and no mention of Syria they'd be saying it was a "terror" attack ?
edit on 6/12/15 by Discotech because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006

I agree, this isn't about one set of people being better than the rest, UK vs US. Just about every population can be swayed into doing things through fear.

In a poll before the airstrikes, around 60% of the UK public were in favour but at the same time around 80% also thought that airstrikes in Syria would increase terror attacks on UK soil....how is that in the least bit rational? People are letting fear do their thinking and will agree to anything.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006

The bombing a lot more complex than that .

TBH im on the fence fence about it myself. Fact is the UK like it or not is at war with ISIS, we did not start that war they did. But I am sceptical of what bombing can achieve in the long run.

Unlike Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya this decision was not taken lightly and think both sides of the debate had good points.

Certainly didnt seem like a kneejerk response as it was thought out and debated. It may be the wrong decision but it wasnt a knee jerk decision. Knee jerk would have been to go in full force after tge Tunisia attack on British tourists.

As someone said on question time last week, inaction can be as bad as action.
I agree, we need to be balanced and learn when to act and not to act.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
"a reply to: DrHammondStoat

Sorry but I'm not terrified or had any panic, it's a tragedy but no reason to be concerned about daily life. 1 guy out of how many Muslims in the UK ? How many attacks in France after their recent attack ? none I'd be getting concerned if these things were happening weekly but they're just isolated incidents at the moment, if we had something on the scale of France or Cali then I might be slightly concerned but one loon with a knife and nobody dead thankfully is not really a "terror" attack. "

What I meant was the 50 or 100 or so people who were stuck in the train station and saw a man's throat coat experienced terror. So it can be considered a terrorist incident.

something larger scale like a bomb in a Shopping centre would obviously cause a lot more panic of course. All these incidents could be used by the media to drum up an atmosphere of fear anyway.

edit on 6-12-2015 by DrHammondStoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Oh I get what you're saying but it's like I said, if it was just a crazy white guy who had done it with no mention of Syria, would it still be treated as a "terror" attack or just "crazy white guy stabs people on tube" ? Not saying those people didn't experience terror I'd be pretty shaken up if I was actually there experiencing it all but you can experience terror in a car crash, doesn't mean it's a terror attack.

Besides, there's not much we can do, if we live in fear then these assholes have won, we have to just live life normally

Hope you get my drift

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Have we forgot we lived with Terror from the IRA for many years?.
We lived through that time and we will live through this time also not ging to let anyone change my way of life nor let anyone scare me in my own country.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   
They adopt the ones that suit them, fashion ,technology etc etc but like I said young Muslims are nice people at face value. Only when u interact with them on a philosophical/ how do you see the world does it become alarmingly disturbing. They know what they are saying sounds stupid but willfully ignore it. If I didn't interact with them on this level I would have said they are completely normal rational people. # the MSM or how I am supposed to hate muslims, these opinions were formed before all the propoganda.

My main problem is the negativity , especially on subjects the have no knowledge on or are willing to learn. It's more than likely the result of the youth of Britain as a whole, which is becoming retarded, but the Muslim youth are more passionate and opinionated on subjects their family has just told them based on racism and misconceptions.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   

I suspect he is definitely a crazy guy...but if he had not ranted on about Syria then no, not a terrorist incident as it would not generate a continuing sense of fear with the public about a persistent threat. Like the car crash analogy, we all know that could happen but we don't fear it everyday, If a guy says he is killing for Syria we can logically expect there may be more people waiting to do the same and it becomes something more that a random incident in our thinking. Yes I get your train of thought thought

edit on 6-12-2015 by DrHammondStoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
If i set my neighbors house on fire and shout "this is for Syria" before doing so than im a terrorist?! If i burn down my neighbors house but keep my mouth shut while doing it than Im just a loon? Correct ?
edit on 6-12-2015 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   

The funny thing is though it's actually illogical to expect more attacks

I mean how many attacks have we had since 7/7 ? 1 if you count the soldier who died down south in how many years ? This makes 2 or 3 attacks in over 10 years

We had way more attacks when the IRA were trying to free N.Ireland from British rule and compared to ISIS they were saints, they at least warned before an attack (most of the time)

When the frequency of attacks starts gaining momentum, if it ever does, then maybe it's time to start expecting even more but right now I don't think we should panic, I wouldn't even call this a terror attack, just an opportunist trying to start something/make a statement, definitely doesn't have the hallmarks of ISIS, those attacks have incredibly well planned and executed

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

According to the media and general joe public you would be correct. You'd still be punished by the law but by not saying "for Syria" your rights would be mostly intact and the media would not try to dig into your past or create mass hysteria among the public

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join