It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12.05 BREAKING NEWS: Turkey Detains 4 Russian Ships in Black Sea

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
johngaltfla.com...

12.05 BREAKING NEWS: Turkey Detains 4 Russian Ships in Black Sea
by John Galt

December 5, 2015 08:40 ET

A reporter from the English language Turkish Newspaper Today’s Zaman first alerted the world to this story a little over 2 hrs ago:

Mahir Zeynalov ‏@MahirZeynalov 2h2 hours ago
"Turkey seizes four Russian ship in Black Sea in one of first moves to retailate against Russian aggression."

twitter.com...

And now the Azerbaijani news agency Trend has their version of the story:

"Four Russian ships blocked in Turkish port"

By Rufiz Hafizoglu – Trend News Agency Azerbaijan: en.trend.az...

"Four Russian ships have been blocked in the Turkish port of Samsun, the Turkish Haber7 newspaper reported Dec.5."

"No details are yet available on the issue," according to the newspaper.

"Relations between Russia and Turkey have deteriorated after Turkish Air Force jets shot down the Russian SU-24 bomber when it entered Turkish airspace Nov. 24.

The anti-Turkish statements made by Russian authorities are similar to the spirit of former USSR, Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said earlier.

Turkey hoped that Russia has got rid of the USSR’s propaganda rhetoric, but facts show that it is not exactly that way, he said.

No one believes in the anti-Turkish propaganda but Russian authorities, said the prime minister."

Link to azerbaijan Trend news en.trend.az...

See map at link for location of the detention: johngaltfla.com...

I would need to do some research on the sources, but feel free to add anything you might find; This is only a couple of hours old..
edit on 5-12-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

Not alot to report on yet I see, but this is indeed worrisome, as over the span of a week or so, we have 3 or 4 escalating incidents. I would like to hope calmer heads prevail.

(post by crazyewok removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Hmmm, on a Saturday....when the markets are closed.....

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
If this apparent incident is being publicised by Turkish sources (rather than being complained about by Russian sources),that seems to give away the fact that the Turks are the ones who are looking for trouble.
That will undermine their case for support from NATO, and hopefully NATO are telling them this behind the scenes.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
FFS. What the hell is Turkey thinking?

Poke the bear and get us all killed why don’t you?

Chuck these loose cannons out of NATO!

Of course ATS resident shill will be along soon to tell us we should all back Turkey to the bitter end even if it means all our deaths.......

I'm with you, Crazy e-Wok. Kick Turkey out of Nato. Erdogan/ Turkey won't be so brave against Russia all by themselves..!

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Guys relax. These are cargo ships. Its in retaliation as Russia is holding their cargo ships too.

Abdullah Bozkurt ‏@abdbozkurt 3 hod. #Turkey retains 4 #Russia freighters after inspections in Black Sea port Samsun in retaliation to Russian holding of #Turkish freighters

Nothing big here.
edit on 5/12/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Of course ATS resident shill will be along soon to tell us we should all back Turkey to the bitter end even if it means all our deaths.......

Now there's a laugh. Listening to these comments proves Putin has already won.

The hang-wringing "Oh, dear...this might mean war"...Horrors. This from fairly conservative posters?

Screw you Putin...your move....

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

If war occurs Russia is just as culpable as the rest of us, their economy is in a tank and they are looking for a reason just like all of us. War, what is it good for, you may ask? Money, and cohesion all wars that have ever been fought have been fought over two things resource and religion and arguably religion is just a cover for land grabs and resource distribution.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Good I hope this kickstarts a war.

Why is everyone so afraid of Russia?

USA USA USA!

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Now there's a laugh. Listening to these comments proves Putin has already won.

The hang-wringing "Oh, dear...this might mean war"...Horrors. This from fairly conservative posters?

Screw you Putin...your move....

You do know no one will win in WW3 right?

You really want WW3 over a backward corrupt Muslim nation that been facilitating terrorism because they decide to poke Russia?

You really want to start a # storm with Russia before you have dealt with ISIS? You know how stupid that is? Russia is not out to invade or Attack the USA as that would be suicidal for them and everyone else (IE no one in WW3 wins). ISIS however is out to kill Americans and everyone else for that matter. Deal with the REAL threat first before picking fights with country’s that can reduce the earth to a radioactive lifeless rock.

There is no point taking Putin and Russia out if we all die in the process.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

HELL no. We need to stay out of it and let them work it out on their own. No grand standing or beating of chest....just back off and let them figure it out.
And hope that neither side does something stupid.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k
Guys relax. These are cargo ships. Its in retaliation as Russia is holding their cargo ships too.

Abdullah Bozkurt ‏@abdbozkurt 3 hod. #Turkey retains 4 #Russia freighters after inspections in Black Sea port Samsun in retaliation to Russian holding of #Turkish freighters

Nothing big here.

So Turkey is holding the ships in retaliation for Russia seizing Turkish ships? I'm going to wait for more substantive reliable reporting before I try to draw any conclusions.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker
I've spent my life being as anti-Russian as my namesake, but even so I can see that being dragged into war with Russia for the sake of Turkish interests in Syria is not a sensible move. That's how we got into the Crimean war the first time round.

(post by crazyewok removed for a manners violation)
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Bovah2

Good I hope this kickstarts a war.

SERIOUSLY!?

Keep looking out your window and if you see a Really bright light, you'll know your wish came true.
You also have about 3 seconds to kiss your ass goodbye.
edit on 5-12-2015 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

So Turkey should be kicked out of NATO?

Last time I checked, we are at war. Have been for a while now.

A line in the sand is needed, here. Turkish airspace is Turkey's business.

Russia embargos Turkey and expects no retaliation from Turkey when Russia is using Turk ports? Really?

Who's pushing the envelope here? Turkey or Putin? Perhaps both. Until this is sorted out, individual countries, by definition, are 'loose cannon'. NATO isn't a lock-step empire...no matter how the anti-Americans like to paint it.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
There are a lot of strong opinions here based on an unverified blog post. Could we all calm down until there are facts to discuss?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

Whether it's just cargo ships, it's clearly a way to antagonize each country to take the next step toward a military confrontation. Russia has every right to be pissed off at Turkey for killing a pilot who was vulnerable with no ability to defend himself. Turkey needs to back-off for the sake of creating a major powder keg in the middle east.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: nwtrucker
I've spent my life being as anti-Russian as my namesake, but even so I can see that being dragged into war with Russia for the sake of Turkish interests in Syria is not a sensible move. That's how we got into the Crimean war the first time round.

Believe me, I understand. My fear is an almost non-stop 'it might lead to WWIII'. Fear.

If Putin wants WWIII, it's going to happen. If he doesn't, it won't. Not much the rest of us can do to influence that one way or the other, from what I can see. As far as Turkey goes-yet again, no fan of them whatsoever- at least they're standing up to Russia.....no one else is. NO ONE.

This is as good a place and time and circumstance as any to say screw you Putin. He had the S400s in Syria a week before the shoot-down...and lied about it. He's supposed to take out Isis and is giving at best lip-service to that chore while hitting 'Syrian rebel's' what happened to " there is no good or bad rebels" he's doing his own thing...no different than Obama or NATO.

Leave Turkey alone and continue against Isis/rebels and all is fine. Mess with Turkey...a step too far.

What good is NATO if they don't back their agreements merely because the 'group' has reservations??

Kick Turkey out??? Disband NATO altogether.It will be a useless organization....
edit on 5-12-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2015 by nwtrucker because: addition

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join