It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12.05 BREAKING NEWS: Turkey Detains 4 Russian Ships in Black Sea

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

This is not new , it's been happening for a long time and there is no annexation of Iraqi territory .

Wherever US bases are thats considered Sovereign US territory.

Planting the flag, flying the flag and all that. Can't get any more 'annexed' than occupying foreign lands militarily.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

This is not new , it's been happening for a long time and there is no annexation of Iraqi territory .

Wherever US bases are thats considered Sovereign US territory.

Planting the flag, flying the flag and all that. Can't get any more 'annexed' than occupying foreign lands militarily.

Well according to your logic , I have been living in USA all this time but not knew about it.

Turks , time to time , go into hot pursuit of terrorists and due the area's mountainous nature , the pursuit might cross into Iraq .

Turks are just setting up a military base in Qatar ; according to your logic , Turks are now occupying Qatar too .

Few things don't add up .
edit on 5-12-2015 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Qatar is also a US covert training base for Syrian insurgents that go back and forth through Turkey…

You say Turks are there, too? Go figure…

Liveleak, arming the rebels

edit on 5-12-2015 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
FFS. What the hell is Turkey thinking?

Poke the bear and get us all killed why don’t you?

Chuck these loose cannons out of NATO!

Of course ATS resident shill will be along soon to tell us we should all back Turkey to the bitter end even if it means all our deaths.......

LOL, I am with you.

Boot them out of Nato and while we are at it boot the UN out of New York.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Turkey is being stupid

Russia will do something to make it very plain that Turkey should not mess with them.

Just my opinion

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

a reply to: nwtrucker

Well why don't you go live in Turkey then?

And let Russia have the ME! It's caused us nothing but grief and trouble so let Putin have it. Maybe it will distract him for the next half century.

Lose? I say handing over the ME to Russia is a win for us. Good riddance to those barbarians.

I agree to a point. In the US, we are good to go, we have plenty of natural resources. The problem is Europe imports so much oil from the ME.

That would hurt.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Qatar is also a US covert training base for Syrian insurgents that go back and forth through Turkey…

Qatar use to be an Ottoman province and as such it does have a difference .

It is now obvious a war of some sort will happen and Syria is the choosen desert to fight it out .

4 ships that has been detained ?

3 of them has been released at the moment .

Ships that are not certified to international maritime standarts will be detained .

If you saw the Russian vessels , you'd understand why this is just Turks enforcing a maritime law .

Of course the Turks were looking the other way untill last week but hey , things changed .

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Of course ATS resident shill will be along soon to tell us we should all back Turkey to the bitter end even if it means all our deaths.......

LOL, I am with you.

Without Turks , Nato can't defend European borders .

That is what the Nato Doctrine says .

Should Turks become indifferent to West and stay neutral ; Russia takes Eastern & Central Europe .

Erdogan recently called for the enlargement of the Security Councill at the UN .

" World is bigger then 5 " Erdogan told everyone .

Nato friendly Caliphate is what Nato wants ; it is inevitable that the Caliphate will make a come back .

Is it better to have it at the hands of ISIS like so called muslims - who controls European ENERGY - or is it better to have it at the hands of Western friendly Turks .

By the way ; Turks don't care about Nato as much as some people suggests .

Turan Army is already a reality ; so if Nato dissolves upon " chucking " Turks out , there is an alternative for Turks .

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
After edit : I fixed my dyslexia

I made my post there, because the link I gave, also gives information about the occupation of turkish forces in Iraq. Also Russia does not allow 5 ships to leave Russia.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 5-12-2015 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

LOL, I am with you.

Nato friendly Caliphate is what Nato wants ; it is inevitable that the Caliphate will make a come back .

Is it better to have it at the hands of ISIS like so called muslims - who controls European ENERGY - or is it better to have it at the hands of Western friendly Turks .

Yes. You do know the deal.

I wish everyone had this insight. The revived Eastern Roman / Ottoman Empire is inevitable. Prophesied.

www.vriendenvanisrael.nl...

1. EZEKIEL 38 CONFIRMS TURKEY’S LEADERSHIP ROLE

From the prophecies examined in the Book of Ezekiel, we saw that Turkey was significantly emphasized. Of the eight locations that were specified in the Gog Prophecy of Ezekiel 38, five were located firmly within Turkey. Magog, Meshech, Tubal, Togormah, and Gomer are all areas that were within the boundaries of modern Turkey. The fact that Turkey was so heavily emphasized is not something to be ignored. God highlighted Turkey for a reason. However, it is important that this theory by confirmed by other passages, as well.

2. REVELATION 17 CONFIRMS TURKEY’S LEADERSHIP ROLE

From Revelation 17, we concluded that the Islamic Empire, culminating in the Turkish Ottoman Empire, was the seventh Biblical Beast Empire. The capital of the Ottoman Empire was Istanbul, formely Constantinople, the capital of the Eastern Roman Byzantine Empire. Today, Istanbul sits on the northwestern corner of Turkey. The reason that the location of the capitals of the last beast empire may be important is because as the head of the last beast empire, it is possible that it will receive the ‘fatal head wound’ that will come back and awe the world: ‘One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was astonished and followed the beast’ (Revelation 13:3).

3. DANIEL 9 CONFIRMS TURKEY’S LEADERSHIP ROLE

We also examined Daniel 9, where the Bible says that it would be the ‘people of the prince to come’ that would destroy the Jewish Temple. In other words, the ethnic peoples of whom the future Antichrist would be the leader would destroy the Jewish Temple. We saw that the primary group that carried out this destruction was the tenth legion of the Roman army (Legion X fretensis), which was stationed in Antioch. Antioch was also the area from wich the tenth legion drew most of its recruits. These soldiers were primarily Syrians and Arabs. Today, Antioch is located within the borders of Turkey, on the southeastern corner of Turkey near Syria. As such, this is yet another witness to the notion that the Antichrist would come from the region of modern Turkey.

4. DANIEL 11 CONFIRMS TURKEY’S LEADERSHIP ROLE

Our fourth confirmation was found in Daniel 11, where we saw that the Antichrist was prefigured by Antiochus IV Epiphanies, the ‘King of the North’ or the ruler of the Seleucid Division of the Greek Empire. We may expect to see the Antichrist emerge somewhere from within the region of the former Seleucid Empire. The Seleucid Empire covered a large portion of modern Turkey.

5. ISAIAH AND MICHA CONFIRM AN ASSYRIAN ROLL

We also studied the great emphasis that the prophets Isaiah and Micah placed on the future conflict between the Messiah and the Assyrian, who was a type of Antichrist. These prophecies also points us to the regions of the former Assyrian Empire, which engulfed a large portion of modern Turkey.

6. ZECHARIAH CONFIRMS TURKEY’S LEADERSHIP ROLE

Zechariah 9 clearly lists Yavan/Ionia (Turkey) as the primary player in the Last-Days attack against Israel. Many will have missed the prophecy due to a commonly used yet misleading translation: ‘I will rouse your sons, O Zion, against your sons, Greece (Yavan, Ionia).’ The key aspect of this passage is the reference to the sons of a place called Zion (Jews) fighting against the sons of a place called Yavan (Turks). Yavan was a descendant of Noah who came to live on the western coast of Asia Minor, or modern day Turkey, in the area that came to known as Ionia. See also Joel 3:6. Zecharia 9 is clearly speaking in terms that only can be applicable to the Last-Days, and the return of Jesus the Messiah ‘Jehovah will appear over them.’ After this time, the Messiah will rule Israel and her land will be far greater than it is today:

‘He (the Messiah) will proclaim peace to the nations. His rule will extend from sea to sea and from the River to the ends of the earth. As for you, because of the blood of my covenant with you, I will free your prisoners from the waterless pit. Return to your fortress, O prisoners of hope; even now I announce that I will restore twice as much to you. I will bend Judah as I bend my bow and fill it with Ephraim. I will rouse your sons, O Zion, against your sons, O Greece [Yavan, Ionia], and make you like a warrior’s sword. Then Jehovah will appear over them; His arrow will flash like lightning. The Sovereign Jehovah will sound the trumpet; He will march in the storms of the South, and Jehovah Almighty will shield them. They will destroy and overcome with clingstones … Jehovah their God will save them on that day as the flock of His people. They will sparkle in His land like jewels in a crown. How attractive and beautiful they will be!’ (Zecharia 9).

edit on 5-12-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Turkey released three of four Russian ships that it detained this month at a Black Sea port for maritime safety violations, according to data on the website of Port State Control for the Black Sea. www.bloomberg.com...

Three released.. tit for tat tension..dangerous game Turkey is playing..good idea to keep an eye on them, for sure;
edit on 5-12-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: crazyewok

So Turkey should be kicked out of NATO?

Last time I checked, we are at war. Have been for a while now.

A line in the sand is needed, here. Turkish airspace is Turkey's business.

Russia embargos Turkey and expects no retaliation from Turkey when Russia is using Turk ports? Really?

Who's pushing the envelope here? Turkey or Putin? Perhaps both. Until this is sorted out, individual countries, by definition, are 'loose cannon'. NATO isn't a lock-step empire...no matter how the anti-Americans like to paint it.

Thats rediculous. Turkey is every bit as tyranical as russia. In fact more so. They also are in cohoots with terrorists.

Turkey is just not up to Western standards. No other country in NATO would be hot headed enough to shoot a plane down. It happens often without this confrontation. Also Turkey is most definitely buying oil from terrorist and their current administration is sympathetic to the cause. They also are massive human rights violators and are at war with the only real allies we have in the region the Kurds.

Putin may be a Tyrant but Erdogan is worse.

I trust what Russia will do for fighting radical Islam in syria a lot more than Turkey.

This should be a time to build a coalition against Isis not start a world war.

Let's also not forget. The economy would collapse if an actual world war broke out. If the fallout doesn't get you the riots from supply chains from china and the global economy disaster would.

edit on 5-12-2015 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I wish everyone had this insight. The revived Eastern Roman / Ottoman Empire is inevitable. Prophesied.

My local Church needs some worshippers , badly .

Ottoman Turks have shaped the area for 1000 years ; upon breaking up of Ottoman Empire , Syria came into being .

Even I have more of a claim to Syria then Asad and his ilk any given day .

The borders are set to change and the fight is just beginning .

It has been foretold already.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k
Guys relax. These are cargo ships. Its in retaliation as Russia is holding their cargo ships too.

Abdullah Bozkurt ‏@abdbozkurt 3 hod. #Turkey retains 4 #Russia freighters after inspections in Black Sea port Samsun in retaliation to Russian holding of #Turkish freighters

Nothing big here.

That's my main cause for concern, world leaders being this childish usually means war. They should be seeking reconciliation, not retaliation.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

LOL, I am with you.

www.vriendenvanisrael.nl...

1. EZEKIEL 38 CONFIRMS TURKEY’S LEADERSHIP ROLE

From the prophecies examined in the Book of Ezekiel, we saw that Turkey was significantly emphasized. Of the eight locations that were specified in the Gog Prophecy of Ezekiel 38, five were located firmly within Turkey. Magog, Meshech, Tubal, Togormah, and Gomer are all areas that were within the boundaries of modern Turkey. The fact that Turkey was so heavily emphasized is not something to be ignored. God highlighted Turkey for a reason. However, it is important that this theory by confirmed by other passages, as well.

2. REVELATION 17 CONFIRMS TURKEY’S LEADERSHIP ROLE

From Revelation 17, we concluded that the Islamic Empire, culminating in the Turkish Ottoman Empire, was the seventh Biblical Beast Empire. The capital of the Ottoman Empire was Istanbul, formely Constantinople, the capital of the Eastern Roman Byzantine Empire. Today, Istanbul sits on the northwestern corner of Turkey. The reason that the location of the capitals of the last beast empire may be important is because as the head of the last beast empire, it is possible that it will receive the ‘fatal head wound’ that will come back and awe the world: ‘One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was astonished and followed the beast’ (Revelation 13:3).

3. DANIEL 9 CONFIRMS TURKEY’S LEADERSHIP ROLE

We also examined Daniel 9, where the Bible says that it would be the ‘people of the prince to come’ that would destroy the Jewish Temple. In other words, the ethnic peoples of whom the future Antichrist would be the leader would destroy the Jewish Temple. We saw that the primary group that carried out this destruction was the tenth legion of the Roman army (Legion X fretensis), which was stationed in Antioch. Antioch was also the area from wich the tenth legion drew most of its recruits. These soldiers were primarily Syrians and Arabs. Today, Antioch is located within the borders of Turkey, on the southeastern corner of Turkey near Syria. As such, this is yet another witness to the notion that the Antichrist would come from the region of modern Turkey.

4. DANIEL 11 CONFIRMS TURKEY’S LEADERSHIP ROLE

Our fourth confirmation was found in Daniel 11, where we saw that the Antichrist was prefigured by Antiochus IV Epiphanies, the ‘King of the North’ or the ruler of the Seleucid Division of the Greek Empire. We may expect to see the Antichrist emerge somewhere from within the region of the former Seleucid Empire. The Seleucid Empire covered a large portion of modern Turkey.

5. ISAIAH AND MICHA CONFIRM AN ASSYRIAN ROLL

We also studied the great emphasis that the prophets Isaiah and Micah placed on the future conflict between the Messiah and the Assyrian, who was a type of Antichrist. These prophecies also points us to the regions of the former Assyrian Empire, which engulfed a large portion of modern Turkey.

6. ZECHARIAH CONFIRMS TURKEY’S LEADERSHIP ROLE

Zechariah 9 clearly lists Yavan/Ionia (Turkey) as the primary player in the Last-Days attack against Israel. Many will have missed the prophecy due to a commonly used yet misleading translation: ‘I will rouse your sons, O Zion, against your sons, Greece (Yavan, Ionia).’ The key aspect of this passage is the reference to the sons of a place called Zion (Jews) fighting against the sons of a place called Yavan (Turks). Yavan was a descendant of Noah who came to live on the western coast of Asia Minor, or modern day Turkey, in the area that came to known as Ionia. See also Joel 3:6. Zecharia 9 is clearly speaking in terms that only can be applicable to the Last-Days, and the return of Jesus the Messiah ‘Jehovah will appear over them.’ After this time, the Messiah will rule Israel and her land will be far greater than it is today:

‘He (the Messiah) will proclaim peace to the nations. His rule will extend from sea to sea and from the River to the ends of the earth. As for you, because of the blood of my covenant with you, I will free your prisoners from the waterless pit. Return to your fortress, O prisoners of hope; even now I announce that I will restore twice as much to you. I will bend Judah as I bend my bow and fill it with Ephraim. I will rouse your sons, O Zion, against your sons, O Greece [Yavan, Ionia], and make you like a warrior’s sword. Then Jehovah will appear over them; His arrow will flash like lightning. The Sovereign Jehovah will sound the trumpet; He will march in the storms of the South, and Jehovah Almighty will shield them. They will destroy and overcome with clingstones … Jehovah their God will save them on that day as the flock of His people. They will sparkle in His land like jewels in a crown. How attractive and beautiful they will be!’ (Zecharia 9).

Dont hold your breath into prophecies, prophecies are plans they've made long ago and they fulfill them with technical means. Its indeed the death of monkey king, we watch it in our screens. If you read the chinese myth of Monkey king, its the same thing... lol
All 4 elements tiger dragon turtle and monkey, are just hordes of mongoloids. And in chinese plans, the monkey dies. Turks behave really stupid, they fall into trap..they could destroy that plans, but it seems erdogan is a loyal puppet. They actually try to destroy Turkey now, in order to name Konstantinupolis as their global world government. The town now holds up to 4m illuits or something. These will rebel in a point (when they get the green lights) and they will kill each other, like a civil war. All their plans are known, what they dont know, is Father plans.

They failed in Syria, Lebanon and Iran is super delayed. They may use nukes for fast results.. who knows.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Qatar use to be an Ottoman province and as such it does have a difference .

It is now obvious a war of some sort will happen and Syria is the choosen desert to fight it out .

4 ships that has been detained ?

3 of them has been released at the moment .

Ships that are not certified to international maritime standarts will be detained .

If you saw the Russian vessels , you'd understand why this is just Turks enforcing a maritime law .

Of course the Turks were looking the other way untill last week but hey , things changed .

I am sure they are the same crappy ships the Turks use. Have you seen theirs?

I have been to turkey travel to Poland often as my wife is polish. Turkey has just as junky fleets as Russia. Probably more so since they are no where near the level of international trade Russia is.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Abdullah Gul: Slave of Allah the Beast or the Servant of Allah the Demon in Arabic

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: crazyewok

So Turkey should be kicked out of NATO?

Last time I checked, we are at war. Have been for a while now.

Turkey have been caught dozens of times by highly respected journalists from AP, Reuters, Al Jazera et directly arming and smuggling fighters to ISIS under the guise of red crescent and red cross trucks.

Many of these journalists were murdered by Turkish secret service according to the Committee to Protect Journalists and Reporters Without Borders (trustworthy news outlets not conspiracy blogs).

Journalist reporting on Isis dies in Turkey in 'suspicious circumstances'

On Friday, Shim told her employers in an interview (below) that the Turkish intelligence agency had threatened and accused her of spying, and that she feared arrest.

Press TV has reported that Turkish intelligence had "accused her of spying probably due to some of the stories she has covered about Turkey’s stance on [Isis] terrorists".

Shim had recently accused the Turkish government of aiding Isis by allowing fighters to cross the border into Syria in order to fight against their common Kurdish enemy.

She had reported for the station from her native Lebanon, as well as Iraq, Ukraine and in Turkey's Taksim Square protests in 2013. She is survived by a husband and two children.

i100.independent.co.uk...

Turkey are in a proxy war against NATO - they've been actively fighting against us for three years now (well since 1947 technically speaking).

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Ok people seem to misunderstand things like this. Russia delays some Tukish cargo ships and the Turks do the same to some Russian cargo ships. These are the sorts of things nations who have no plan on going to war do to each other. They waste time with minor crap like this because, they have nothing else on the table. Turkey can not invade Russia and Russia can not invade Turkey. Both of them are well aware this. Russia can not afford any real sanctions on Turkey and while Russia would get the worst end the stick in sanctions, it would not be a good thing for the Turks either. So what your get is lots of talk, threats that never go anywhere and minor picking at each other.

Now if Russia and Turkey call home their Ambassadors, Turkey and Russia cut all trade, They cancel the joint pipelines projects, Russia forces in Syria rush home with no announcement, Russia extends its the one year conscripts that make up most of the military, Russian forces pull out of Ukraine, Moldova, and Georgia, Turkey has a series of meeting with NATO, the Arab League, the GCC, and the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation, public announcements of neutrality suddenly come from Belarus and the Central Asian states, Russian air forces move into positions where they can hit Poland, the UK and Germany airbases, the Russian black sea fleet heads into port, Russia calls out the reserves. Then you can start getting nervous.

The Russian active military is only 766,000 strong and the Turks active military 471,000 strong. All of Turkeys forces are in Turkey. Russia has to have forces on the East Coast and Chinese border 4 of Russia's 12 Armys, European borders 3 of Russia's 12 Armys, Russia has only 2 Armys in the Central district to keep the Central Asian republic in line. Leaving only 2 Armys in the Southern District that deals with Georgia, Turkey, Azerbaijan. Russia also has forces in Eastern Ukraine, Crimea, Georgia, Moldova, Armenia and of course Syria. You will find about 64,000 men in a Russian Army. The two of those tasks with the South and Turkey only have about 128,000 men and they have deal with Georgia and Azerbaijan as well. Suddenly Turkeys half million men becomes insurmountable for Russia. And this is why war is not an option for Russia.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

Now if Russia and Turkey call home their Ambassadors, Turkey and Russia cut all trade, They cancel the joint pipelines projects, Russia forces in Syria rush home with no announcement, Russia extends its the one year conscripts that make up most of the military, Russian forces pull out of Ukraine, Moldova, and Georgia, Turkey has a series of meeting with NATO, the Arab League, the GCC, and the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation, public announcements of neutrality suddenly come from Belarus and the Central Asian states, Russian air forces move into positions where they can hit Poland, the UK and Germany airbases, the Russian black sea fleet heads into port, Russia calls out the reserves. Then you can start getting nervous.

Russia did froze or canceled the pipeline, they also stop all food trading among the others and today Turks announced that will get from other countries the needs for their energy. I will edit the post to add some links.

Pls use this to translate the articles and its not today articles (i thought everybody knew) translate.google.com...

About the turkish stream :
link1
link2
Cyprus press about turkstream link

about agriculture stuff

link
link

Russia also recognizes officially the Armenian and Pondos genocides by turks
link

Russia does not recognize the occupied Cyprus by turks
link

and many many more news, this is a sumple!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join