It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loretta Lynch Vows to Prosecute Those Who Use 'Anti-Muslim' Speech That 'Edges Toward Violence'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
It's quite telling that she used the phrase "edged torwards violence", instead of outright saying those who incite violence against muslims. She is a career lawyer and knows exactly what that means.

Simply put, I believe there are those in your nation who wish to refer to any negative speech against the groups currently in vogue among the polite politically correct crowd, as "violent" speech. Racial epithets included in this.

After all, keep in mind all those college students who made allusions to the idea that flying a confederate flag is a "threat". That it is a symbol that is a threat by its very nature.

I'm certain your founding fathers would not have batted an eye at articles, speeches, or even pub talk about killing us brits. For C****tsakes, they did some of the killing themselves. "Fighting words", "Inciting riots", speech is speech, and the road your going down is a whole lot of rot.

Don't let your nation fall like England has fallen.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Loretta Lynch Vows to Prosecute Those Who Use 'Anti-Muslim' Speech That 'Edges Toward Violence'

The main stream media just "breaking (make) news" announced Isis did Bakersfield and are about to link Syria with Isis…

they should arrest our government, the military and the media, lock em up and throw away the key.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: VictoriaCromwell

It's quite telling that she used the phrase "edged torwards violence", instead of outright saying those who incite violence against muslims. She is a career lawyer and knows exactly what that means.

They know a connection has to be made to Syria and increased violence toward that state, just like France began bombing Syria after Paris.

We're a little slower on the uptake here in the states. Or more vigilent.

Like in Europe the coverage for our little Isis crisis in Bakersfiled has been non stop. The call to remain calm and not hate on Islam isn't coming from the media, its a false facade they put on while they brainwash everyone to get ready for the next nation targeted in the war on terror, Syria.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: NowWhat
FIne, thats it, I'm converting to Islam.
I'm also going to leave and re-enter the country with no id.
I'll be a new arriving immigrant, study hard for citizenship and accept $3,000.00 a month in benefit money,

Don't even try to hate me either, I'll be protected.

Sounds like a great life ahead for you, except you would need to pass off forged documents proving your citizenship in order to receive any benefits (which likely wouldn't amount to anything close to $3,000/mo.) You would go through the trouble of "becoming" an illegal alien, only to have to then fake being a real citizen to obtain welfare.

At least you will have spent your money traveling back and forth, and will have attained your dream of converting to Islam, all to limit yourself to receiving basic food, housing and medical assistance while being unproductive.

Good luck with that!

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Loretta Lynch Vows to Prosecute Those Who Use 'Anti-Muslim' Speech That 'Edges Toward Violence'.

That'll shut down free speech on muslim based religious matters good n proper wont it.

edit on 5-12-2015 by Azureblue because: z

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Oh look at that, the poor widdle Christians think they're not protected. Yeah, you are. ALL of us are. Current atmosphere dictates getting an handle on homegrown extremism before it blows up into a civil war, because at the rate it's going, we'll be there soon.

The people that are calling for the outright mass extermination of Muslims both here & abroad? You'll get what's coming, Little Hitlers, you'll get whats coming. Karma will get you on this rock in the courts, your "god", assuming he exists, is a whole 'nother story.
edit on 12/5/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I think you need to read what she said again. This isn't about poor little Christians, she is being incredibly vague about freedom of speech, and that's incredibly dangerous. That is dangerous to poor little atheists too. "Edge towards violence"? WTF does that even mean?

It certainly sounds like she's saying it's time to start going after people that don't make a threat, or encourage violence, but speak out against the Muslim horde that's invading Western countries. So if I call them a Muslim horde invading our country, should I be tried as someone that's actively encouraging violence against them? Sounds like she thinks so. I'm not encouraging any violence, but I want to be realistic about the problem.

There are limits to freedom of speech, I agree with them in the US. This bitch wants to take MORE of your freedom of speech away. So happy day if you're a Muslim, as long as she and her ilk are on your side. I despise the PC crowd, but I wouldn't limit their speech.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

One you start accepting that there are limits to free speech, then thoughts become as relevant as actions.

Just my opinion, thought I'd voice it while I still could.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
People are free to march down the street and shout, "Death To America", because it expresses an opinion.

People aren't free to say, "Death to -specific individual-" because that is broadcasting intent and is a threat.

So people are free to say, "Death to Islam, death to Christianity" because expressing opinions is still allowed by the Constitution.

Come at me, Loretta Lynch. I dare you.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The fact that she used the words "anti-muslim rhetoric" was shocking to me. The divide between PC liberals and free speech - common sense is increasing. People should be able to draw muhammed screwing a donkey on a poster while saying "screw islam" in public if they want. Security can eventually throw them out, but cant arrest them for free speech.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join