It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask me anything about Creationism!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Am I the only one that feels like these questions should be answered by an actual creationist...?

I mean I could start a "ask me anything about X" and google every question and spit out some answer...but what good is that going to do? besides maybe a star here and a flag there.....

SMH
A2D

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: scorpio84
a reply to: namelesss

You never do know how to stay on topic, do you? You have a picture of a Buddha statue...so before you think you are too awakened, I remind you that Buddhists believe this world is real, too. Pay attention and stop straying so much.

Well excuuuuuse meeeeeee!
I'll try to stay out of your way in the future.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: scorpio84

How is Creationism true?

The Bible is the living word of God and as such is to be believed. Praise Jesus.

How do you know that the Bible is the living word of God?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: spy66

This thread is called "Ask me anything about Creationism", so I did. Am I not allowed to ask questions I may already know the answer to?

You dont know the answer. Because you don't believe God said: Let there be light.

Wait you just told me I already knew the answer and now you are telling me I don't know the answer? Make up your mind.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

a reply to: Ghost147

Except not all religions claim there was a great flood, so how can we tell which one is telling the true story?

Creationist answer: because God told us so.

Sorry, Ghost - you aren't going to get a convincing answer from the side of creationism. If any Creationists can do better, I'd like to see it.

That answer doesn't make sense to my question, even if it's a creationist answer.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: TzarChasm

a man and woman

And who made them?
You can't have infinite retro generations.

follow it back far enough and you have the first humans. follow that back far enough and you have proto-humans, proto-proto-humans, a number of ancestral species complete with their own proto-roots, etc until you get to the primordial soup.

but lets not pretend you have any interest in attaining an actual understanding of evolutionary theory.

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: Prezbo369

That's because we are the products of a process, no agents required.

Describe the process, or is that also malformed and no dairy products?
Just the above is enough for me to think you're out of mind but you
deserve the opportunity to bury yourself.

you are trolling. you literally posted a thread on how proud you are of not knowing the process, on how insistent you are in remaining ignorant, but you keep baiting people into providing an opportunity to lord your ignorance over their good will to try to educate you.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I'll take a stab at your question Ghost...

originally posted by: Ghost147

Except not all religions claim there was a great flood, so how can we tell which one is telling the true story?

Easiest answer...(not to mention the only honest answer)
We don't.

In fact, there's absolutely zero reason to know whether there was or was not a flood. In my opinion, we should throw the whole damn thing out...it doesn't matter anyways.

You see-
What matters is how you live your life Ghost. That's it. That's the only thing. It doesn't matter if you live believing the earth is 6000 years old or 4.5 billion. What you believe, sadly, does not matter. Things that happened in the past, do not matter....Things that will happen in the future, do not matter....The ONLY thing that matters...is what you do with your life and the time you are fortunate enough to have here on this little place we call earth. It doesn't matter what religion you claim or refuse to claim....It doesn't matter what deity you claim or refuse to claim....It only matters how you live your life...

A2D
edit on 1-12-2015 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
I'll take a stab at your question Ghost...

originally posted by: Ghost147

Easiest answer...(not to mention the only honest answer)
We don't.

In fact, there's absolutely zero reason to know whether there was or was not a flood. In my opinion, we should throw the whole damn thing out...it doesn't matter anyways.

You see-
What matters is how you live your life Ghost. That's it. That's the only thing. It doesn't matter if you live believing the earth is 6000 years old or 4.5 billion. What you believe, sadly, does not matter. Things that happened in the past, do not matter....Things that will happen in the future, do not matter....The ONLY thing that matters...is what you do with your life and the time you are fortunate enough to have here on this little place we call earth. It doesn't matter what religion you claim or refuse to claim....It doesn't matter what deity you claim or refuse to claim....It only matters how you live your life...

A2D

even that doesnt matter in the big picture. in a few thousand years, no one will remember any of us, or what we liked or disliked or believed in or died for. thats the grim reality.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Am I the only one that feels like these questions should be answered by an actual creationist...?

I mean I could start a "ask me anything about X" and google every question and spit out some answer...but what good is that going to do? besides maybe a star here and a flag there.....

SMH
A2D

Heck, I feel that way. Why the hell haven't they started a thread like this? Oh wait, I know...because they are afraid of answering questions (I suspect they know how dumb their beliefs sound and having to say them out loud makes them question it).

Anyhow, hopefully this will give them inspiration.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

With God all things are possible.

p.s. You expect a Creationist answer to actually always line up with the question being asked?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

No. How does helping a starving child today not matter? Are you that heartless? Sure. It may not matter to you...or someone else... but it will ALWAYS matter to that child.

A2D

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

No. How does helping a starving child today not matter? Are you that heartless? Sure. It may not matter to you...or someone else... but it will ALWAYS matter to that child.

not everyone who plays the lottery is a winner, be it by choice or by happenstance. have you noticed that people only say life isnt fair when things arent going their way? the other 23 hours out of the day, everything goes as expected and they dont think about it. in a way, you could say life is the fairest thing of all, in that the only real "fair" is a coin toss, a game of absolute chance. no partiality whatsoever. and in the long run, that game of chance separates the wheat from the chaff. but dont feel bad, 99% of us are chaff and 90% of the remaining 1% are just slightly hardier chaff because they can afford it. sooner or later, everyone (and everything) dances with the grim reaper. even the universe itself.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I still don't see why helping a starving child "doesn't matter". If you dont mind me asking, do you have kids?

A2D

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

not everyone who plays the lottery is a winner, be it by choice or by happenstance. have you noticed that people only say life isnt fair when things arent going their way? the other 23 hours out of the day, everything goes as expected and they dont think about it. in a way, you could say life is the fairest thing of all, in that the only real "fair" is a coin toss, a game of absolute chance. no partiality whatsoever. and in the long run, that game of chance separates the wheat from the chaff. but dont feel bad, 99% of us are chaff and 90% of the remaining 1% are just slightly hardier chaff because they can afford it. sooner or later, everyone (and everything) dances with the grim reaper. even the universe itself.

The question was "are you that heartless."

The answer you have given is: yes

No need for you to try to philosophically justify your apathetic attitude towards starving children.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
My biggest question is which way do you open a banana?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I still don't see why helping a starving child "doesn't matter". If you dont mind me asking, do you have kids?

A2D

i do not. i prefer pets. much more disposable and much lower maintenance.

and if i did have kids, i would understand my own bias in the matter. but it wouldnt change their irrelevance a few thousand years down the road. do you know who your great great great great great great great great great uncle was? what kind of difference did he make in the world? what kind of difference have you made? i havent made any. i dont expect to either. you dont have to uproot the forest to plant a tree. and the starving child is a cicada being consumed by a spider in a nearby bush as the tree is planted. heres an uncomfortable truth: if we ought to be so concerned with starving kids, maybe you should tell the pope to quit putting ethiopians off their birth control because "life is so sacred, we must not prevent it even if that means making too much life to sustain". practice safe sex, silly geese, and your kids wont starve because they wont happen. my two pennies in the common sense bucket.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

A2D

i do not. i prefer pets. much more disposable and much lower maintenance.

and if i did have kids, i would understand my own bias in the matter. but it wouldnt change their irrelevance a few thousand years down the road. do you know who your great great great great great great great great great uncle was? what kind of difference did he make in the world? what kind of difference have you made? i havent made any. i dont expect to either. you dont have to uproot the forest to plant a tree. and the starving child is a cicada being consumed by a spider in a nearby bush as the tree is planted. heres an uncomfortable truth: if we ought to be so concerned with starving kids, maybe you should tell the pope to quit putting ethiopians off their birth control because "life is so sacred, we must not prevent it even if that means making too much life to sustain". practice safe sex, silly geese, and your kids wont starve because they wont happen. my two pennies in the common sense bucket.

That is a lot of text. Just say...f*ck the starving kids - they'll be dead soon enough anyways and after some time, no one will give a crap about them.

Just remember the kid that starved may have done something great for the world. Of course, we just may have let another Hitler starve...never know.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

That is a lot of text. Just say...f*ck the starving kids - they'll be dead soon enough anyways and after some time, no one will give a crap about them.

...or about you. or me. or anyone on this website. or this website.

cant save everyone, so do what you can and hope for the best. and if its not enough, dont sweat it.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

cant save everyone, so do what you can and hope for the best. and if its not enough, dont sweat it.

Rather bleak outlook.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Rather bleak outlook.

just because the odds arent in your favor doesnt mean you dont have a chance. and if a chance is all you get...

back to the topic: how 'bout that creationism, huh?
edit on 1-12-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join