It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There A Lack Of Muslim Charities At The Calais Camp?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
a reply to: grainofsand

Would you allow for one of them to come here to replace me and then I could be a happy chap in France?
Only if they offer the same skill-set we would lose that you currently offer to the nation.

I tried to run away from the UK. They made me come back again.
You can live and work anywhere in the EU so perhaps you were silly and 'ran away' to a country you need a visa to stay?

I am not happy here really. I am thankful of course, but I don't fit in here.

I would live in France any day. Paris is one amazing city. The country side, too, so special.
Exactly why I have no sympathy for men who refuse to register for French asylum seeker assistance, and instead choose to live in a slum camp unregistered.

The UK, well England, has become very mean and anti social. Definitely took a turn for the worse.
Maybe where you live but I love my little corner of England, lovely place, and I'll be happy if it stays that way.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9
Feel free to leave anytime.

I have lived in five countries in my life and spent a prolonged period in another. I would rather live in England than anywhere else.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: chewi

We already had, schengen, and there has been an allocation of immigrants, but in the end, thousands cross the borders every week.
This is the end of schengen and the euro, whoever is behind this, they have succeeded in destroying the EU as we know it.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
So when is the end of europe going to happen, whit all there threads with so much facts and no made up outrage.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Feel free to leave anytime.

I have lived in five countries in my life and spent a prolonged period in another. I would rather live in England than anywhere else.

I have tried.

Everyone else gets to go to other countries to live, but no chance for me.

I am not wealthy enough to leave. I don't even have a passport to get out of the country. HELP ME! Lol, I want to claim asylum away from England.

To be sure I am in a strange situation. I am trapped in a very wealthy area by the ocean. I want to live in a multi cultural area. People don't like me where I live. I do not fit in, neither my fault or theirs. Let me swap with a refugee. I'll be much happier in France. Also, TLV is nice. Lagos, Portugal, any time.

Money means little to me. It is the vibe of the place that counts.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: earthling42
This is the end of schengen and the euro, whoever is behind this, they have succeeded in destroying the EU as we know it.
As you know it maybe, but for Brits not so much. We never signed up to Schengen or the Euro...thank #!

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

We've got an upcoming referendum on EU membership here in the UK.
I'm voting out and the more the EU #s things up each week it's more likely that the majority will end up voting the same as me.
I certainly hope so.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Move to France or Portugal then! Bleating that you are stuck in the UK is lame, do one, you can live and work in both EU nations, just need the balls to do it.
Whining on ATS is not gonna get you any closer to your apparent dream.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

To all that I simply say, they are afraid to register for fear they will be sent back. They're not used to being "filed and monitored" like we are here in the West.

They do however, understand oppression…

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

We both can say thank #! if the UK would have had the euro they would have blown it up.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Meh, you want the flood of refugees to stop, stop bombing their countries. Pretend that ain't true all day, there is no other reason at the base. All problems stem in the region from the decades of "Humanitarian interventions", which are a ruse designed to mislead people here. The proof is the streaming refugees of unjust wars throughout the region caused by the bombs, period.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: intrptr
"Charity don't make it down to the ghetto, everyone knows that." --Tupac
Oh please behave with your rapper quote FFS, those men at Calais don't need charity, all they need to do is register and claim asylum in the town hall and they will be afforded housing, welfare, and health care while their asylum applications are processed.
You can stick your emotional and misguided replies here as much as you like, but those men are CHOOSING not to apply to French authorities for assistance as asylum seekers.
Your 'charity' line is moot and irrelevant in the specific case of the slum camp at Calais.

Maybe they don't want to live with the frogs, why they chose the UK I can't imagine, you live there.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

To all that I simply say, they are afraid to register for fear they will be sent back. They're not used to being "filed and monitored" like we are here in the West.

Absolute rubbish!
They are equally likely to be sent 'back' by the UK as by France.
They refuse to register in France because they all know that under 'first safe nation' rules they will be sent back to France if they register there first then illegally enter Britain.

Do you not understand asylum seeker legislation fella? All the men in Calais who are refusing to register in France understand the legislation very well.
You are naive in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

"Charity don't make it down to the ghetto, everyone knows that." --Tupac
Oh please behave with your rapper quote FFS, those men at Calais don't need charity, all they need to do is register and claim asylum in the town hall and they will be afforded housing, welfare, and health care while their asylum applications are processed.
You can stick your emotional and misguided replies here as much as you like, but those men are CHOOSING not to apply to French authorities for assistance as asylum seekers.
Your 'charity' line is moot and irrelevant in the specific case of the slum camp at Calais.

Maybe they don't want to live with the frogs, why they chose the UK I can't imagine, you live there.
Frogs is a bit racist fella, but regardless, tough #, claim asylum at the first safe nation.
Stop bleating like a lost lamb on the hillside that these men are desperate and fleeing oppression...they are choosing to live in a slum and your compassion is badly misguided.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

a reply to: paraphi

Meh, you want the flood of refugees to stop, stop bombing their countries. Pretend that ain't true all day, there is no other reason at the base. All problems stem in the region from the decades of "Humanitarian interventions", which are a ruse designed to mislead people here. The proof is the streaming refugees of unjust wars throughout the region caused by the bombs, period.
Meh, UK planes are not bombing Syria, your nation's planes are though, go bleat to Washington not London.
edit on 29.11.2015 by grainofsand because: added 'Meh'

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

That being the case WHY are they hell bent on coming somewhere

where they get filed and monitored like the rest of us??

Unlike yourself they obviously understanding oppression, know that

they will be better off in the UK than any of the other EU countries?

Some people never know when their well off!

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia
Some people never know when their well off!
If the UK turned to #, and I bailed from it as an asylum seeking victim of oppression, I'd be happy enough claiming asylum in France.
I only speak English and Welsh but I'd brush up on my French quick enough.
...why do the bleeding hearts think that is so difficult for the men in Calais who refuse to claim asylum at the town hall?
edit on 29.11.2015 by grainofsand because: typo

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
I don't even have a passport to get out of the country. HELP ME! Lol

Come on. If you cannot get a passport, then ask your Mum to apply for one for you!

What you need to do is travel. It'll broaden your mind. You don't need to be rich to travel, in fact you can travel on a shoestring.

On topic. If you do travel, you will make judgements on where you go, and why. You can settle in any country in the EU if you are a Brit and you'll receive favourable treatment from many other countries. If you are an economic migrant you make judgments on where you will most financially benefitted, which is why the refugees and migrants bypass the less prosperous EU countries. This shows that their main motivation is money and not safety.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

If the UK turned to #, and I bailed from it as an asylum seeking victim of oppression, I'd be happy enough claiming asylum in France.
I only speak English and Welsh but I'd brush up on my French quick enough.
...why do the bleeding hearts think that is so difficult for the men in Calais who refuse to claim asylum at the town hall?

For desperate needy people they sure are ungrateful for any help

they are offered.

I mean Mrs Merkel has opened her doors wide, put out the *WELCOME*

mat, and is virtually begging them to come to Germany .... and still

they want to come to the UK where they will be 'filed', monitored',

and 'oppressed' ,,, LOL!

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Meh, you want the flood of refugees to stop, stop bombing their countries.

I think you will find the UK is bombing not countries at the moment.

The refugees from Syria are fleeing Assad and the mayhem of a civil war. The demographics of the migrants and refugees shows many are economic migrants.

Really, you need to take the blinkers off. The UK is not the cause of all the world's ills, but is a place that many people want to live in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join