It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There A Lack Of Muslim Charities At The Calais Camp?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Go on then, explain how you can attribute any personal responsibility to me for UK government actions tomorrow?

You are a citizen, aren't you?

Question s/b why you defend them so "innocently"?

gotta go…

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yep, a citizen who has done everything in my power to stop the UK government engage in conflict, no blood on my hands.
I don't understand what you mean by defend innocently?

Regardless, we are in circles here so feel free to take the blame for your government, I won't.
Oh, and while you're at it taking the blame for your government just remember your warmongering nation has the most blood of all on it's hands, you must truly be ashamed. It's okay though, I don't blame you.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: chewi

IT SHOULD BE AN EVACUATION AND THEY SHOULD BE ALLOCATED A PLACE.

A place where? every continent on Earth is already inhabited and claimed by a country, except maybe Antartica.

Actually this is a brilliant idea. They should "evacuate" all the syrian refugees to Antartica. They could even offer to give them sweaters.

This isn't a joke. I'm being completely serious. The EU nations should seriously sit down and put together a plan to send all the refugees to Antartica. With sweaters. Because they're humanitarian.
edit on 12/1/15 by peskyhumans because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/1/15 by peskyhumans because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Yep, a citizen who has done everything in my power to stop the UK government engage in conflict, no blood on my hands.
I don't understand what you mean by defend innocently?

Here and other threads you defend UK government, apologizing for their complicity as a member of NATO and their direct involvement in the Middle East. Shoooot…. since b4 WWI.

When challenged you claim you protested against them, also "heaping rubbish" on others in threads about the EU , refugees and NATO, laying blame at the US door step.

Can't have it both ways.

I agree, duder, US government is most culpable. I think they even occupy your country with airbases, intelligence gathering apparatus and nukes even…

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Here and other threads you defend UK government

Nope, I state that I support UK government policy defending the border on the French side of the Channel tunnel.
Get it right fella, defending government policy regarding security of the border does not make me personally responsible for actions such as the disgrace tomorrow where it looks like Parliament will vote for UK bombing in Syria.
I didn't even vote for the MP representing my constituency.

edit on 1.12.2015 by grainofsand because: removed impolite remark

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Okay, fella… lol.

We're on the same side, remember?

Or not, whatever…

intrptr out.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I'll play the devil, yes there is blood on your hands and on the hands of everyone who is opposed to an intervention and maybe even succeeds in preventing an intervention.
Because that means that those islamic extremists can continue with their killings, continue to expand and become even more organized and powerful, eventually capable of doing a 9/11 2.0

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Revolution9

It's rare for me to not sleep soundly

The UK is doing a decent job at keeping those blokes out of the UK and I support the policy.
They are not fleeing violence or oppression now, they are choosing to live in a slum camp over registering in France and receiving assistance offered by the French state.
Their choice, so I don't give a # as long as the border force keep the ungrateful bastards out of the UK.

Jesus fella, you're a bleeding broken record...this is the umpteenth post of yours that says the same thing!

Could you please provide me with the relevant links to verify your claims, and also those of the French Government regarding asylum and care for these refugees?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

Interesting perspective and one I can see some merit in, although the premise of such an argument has to be that bombing ISIS, who are holed up in civilian areas, will succeed in defeating them, won't kill innocents, and won't breed future terrorists.
I'm not convinced entirely.

originally posted by: aorAki

a reply to: Revolution9

It's rare for me to not sleep soundly

The UK is doing a decent job at keeping those blokes out of the UK and I support the policy.
They are not fleeing violence or oppression now, they are choosing to live in a slum camp over registering in France and receiving assistance offered by the French state.
Their choice, so I don't give a # as long as the border force keep the ungrateful bastards out of the UK.

Jesus fella, you're a bleeding broken record...this is the umpteenth post of yours that says the same thing!

Could you please provide me with the relevant links to verify your claims, and also those of the French Government regarding asylum and care for these refugees?
Links to what? The obvious fact that there is no need to live in a slum camp when the French state will accept asylum applications and then provide housing, welfare, and healthcare?
Perhaps you want links to support claims that these men are attempting to enter the UK illegally? Do you really need links to prove that the UK will send anyone who has previously registered in a safe EU nation back to that safe nation if they then enter the UK illegally?

Tell me which bit you dispute and we can have a robust debate. I suspect you are rather naive about the reality though.
Why do you think these men are living in a slum camp and not receiving assistance from France after claiming asylum there then?
What, are they all there against their will or something? Lol, yep, naive.

*Edit*
Are you too lazy to Google or something? Here's a link from a quick search, I can't be arsed getting the official government statement so enjoy an easy to read MSM link: French/UK asylum seeker assistance compared
Do you really disagree that France offers assistance to asylum seekers so there is no need to live in an illegal slum camp? Really?
edit on 1.12.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

*Edit*
Are you too lazy to Google or something? Here's a link from a quick search, I can't be arsed getting the official government statement so enjoy an easy to read MSM link: French/UK asylum seeker assistance compared
Do you really disagree that France offers assistance to asylum seekers so there is no need to live in an illegal slum camp? Really?

No, not too lazy, just that I wasn't the one making the claims.

You could try backing up your opinion with facts to bolster your argument. It might make it easier for people to take notice of what you're saying, rather than doggedly repeating yourself with your fingers in your ears, yapping the same old rhetoric post in, post out. If you had provided links (including the official French Government stance) we wouldn't be here now.

So, do you have any figures on how many men have claimed asylum in France yet have no accommodation yet?
It's not as black and white as you make it out to be. There are at least fifty shades of grey.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

So do you disagree that France meets it's international responsibilities for people who claim asylum there?
Perhaps you should write to the French government and complain?
...you won't see me advocating for the UK border to be open to all as Merkel foolishly did though, it is a French problem, and if that troubles you then you'd best take it up with the French.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Thank you for emphasising that it is a choice to be at the Calais camp. The air of defeatism has been so carefully cultivated. Even down to the name used so enthusiastically by inhabitants and supporters. 'The Jungle', "Because we're treated like animals".

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   

www.dailymail.co.uk... -death-reach-Britain.html

Goods are laid out on wooden pallets. I ask how much the jeans cost. ‘Five euros,’ the African seller tells me. I inquire about the trainers. ‘Three euros,’ comes the reply.

Everything on sale, in fact ( hoodies, shoes, hats, trousers, shirts) could be picked up for a pittance — because they have been donated by the public.

The Eritreans and Sudanese, I am told, are behind this illicit trade in handouts, queuing up for clothes when they are distributed on camp, then selling them to fellow migrants.

Wherever there's charity there are those looking to profit, and prepared to fight for that profit.
edit on 12 12 2015 by Kester because: (no reason given)

edit on 12 12 2015 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

There are entrepreneurs in every section of society, legal or otherwise.
No surprise that the illegal camp at Calais has it's own as well. I couldn't give a toss to be honest though, all they need to do is claim asylum in France to receive UN standard assistance for asylum seekers.
Notice the MSM is not crying for Calais anymore now they realise most folk in the UK know those men are choosing to remain undocumented as they plan illegal entry to the UK.

Non story in my mind, and I'm glad the UK has official control of the border on the French side of the tunnel.
Who wants those lawless men in their country really?! I don't for sure.
...oh, and no fear, just rational consideration of risks facing people who are not happy with a safe nation like France, and breaking laws in their attempts to enter another safe nation.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Here we have confirmation that it is at it appears. Donated clothes are worn then discarded. This must be a regular, ongoing process judging by the cleanliness of the jeans worn in spite of the living conditions.

www.indcatholicnews.com...

The boxes of jeans are put into a small lorry, arranged in a semi-circle for ease of access, and we drive out to the camp. There are 7,500 people there now, and since there is no way to wash clothes except in buckets, with cold water, no items of clothing last very long.

I've often bucket washed my clothes. It works.

I wonder if many of these men have never washed their own clothes? Coming from a society where women are expected to do most of the domestic work, perhaps they see the host nations as 'mother'.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

Thank you for emphasising that it is a choice to be at the Calais camp. The air of defeatism has been so carefully cultivated. Even down to the name used so enthusiastically by inhabitants and supporters. 'The Jungle', "Because we're treated like animals".

I don't suppose it could possibly be ... because they behave like animals?

As witnessed by various news casts!

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Some may have exchanged donations for stimulants.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join