It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There A Lack Of Muslim Charities At The Calais Camp?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: chewi
Just seen my post and I cannot believe it was posted 3 times. sorry. I thought I pressed it once. Will mods please remove 2 of them.
It was not deliberate.

LOL!! ...

Just thought you were making your point clear

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Dude, leave your country and move to another with nothing but the clothes on your back. Sneak in, because they won't just let you in, the legal way takes months, years, if allowable at all. You can't sit on the border, you'll starve. Since you can't go back home, you sneak in…

You don't speak the language, don't have money or a job skill, you have fled your country, crossed a thousand miles, are hungry and desperate.

Desperately hoping they will accept you as an emergency refugee, and provide some assistance on any level just to survive until you can find work and shelter. But they don't, they think like you… the only relief is a place you heard of, a tent city where you might find shelter and a bit of food.

For now, it will do, you are finally safe. Bombs aren't falling here, armed thugs aren't murdering families in the night.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
It is so frustrating when you give give give to charities and other organizations set up to help, or even when you give to someone personally, and all they do is turn around and bite the hand that is feeing them.
Don't give to any charities supporting those ungrateful bastards in Calais then.
If they want housing, welfare, and health care, all they need to do is register and claim asylum in the safe nation they are currently in, France.

There is no need for them to live in their self-imposed slum, they just want to enter the UK illegally and they know that registering in France is a kiss goodbye to claiming asylum in Britain.
Their choice, nobody else's, tough # I say, and I'm glad the UK has official control of the tunnel border on the French side.

How anyone can break their heart for people who are refusing to avail themselves of housing, welfare, and health care when it is available by simply registering I have no idea. Bleeding hearts who are unable to think with logic. Lame.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Bollocks, if I was fleeing oppression and violence then I would claim asylum at the first safe nation regardless of language.
These men are in a safe nation so tough # if they don't want to get French assistance.

You mention the language, well English is pretty much the second language for the majority of the world. If the UK opened the gates to every English speaking migrant then we would have millions here. Don't believe me, think it's hyperbole? Have you forgotten what happened to Germany when Merkel said "Open the gates to all", everyone aimed for Germany.

Either way, your bleating and whining is irrelevant. These men are in a safe nation and choose not to register to receive assistance. Tough #, it is their choice.
Oh, and if you have any issues with 'claim asylum in the first safe nation' then go bleat to the EU or the UN because the UK is lawfully and reasonably protecting it's border.

THEY ARE CHOOSING TO LIVE IN A SLUM, THEY ARE NO LONGER FLEEING OPPRESSION, WHICH BIT OF THAT DO YOU DISPUTE.

*Edit*
Every single one of those men KNOW that they can claim asylum in France, they refuse because they want to enter the UK illegally, and they know full well that registering in France means they kiss goodbye to claiming asylum in the UK.
You are blinded by emotion fella, blinded and misguided.
edit on 29.11.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

It is so frustrating when you give give give to charities and other organizations set up to help…

"Charity don't make it down to the ghetto, everyone knows that." --Tupac

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Dude, leave your country and move to another with nothing but the clothes on your back. Sneak in, because they won't just let you in, the legal way takes months, years, if allowable at all. You can't sit on the border, you'll starve. Since you can't go back home, you sneak in…

They are ALREADY in a safe country they are being given shelter

clothing food and foot wear (however the footwear is not to their liking)

You don't speak the language, don't have money or a job skill, you have fled your country, crossed a thousand miles, are hungry and desperate.

They don't need a job or skill if they register they will get

accommodation food and help, even with employment.

if they register

Desperately hoping they will accept you as an emergency refugee, and provide some assistance on any level just to survive until you can find work and shelter. But they don't, they think like you… the only relief is a place you heard of, a tent city where you might find shelter and a bit of food.

They cant be that desperate when they refuse help at any level

# wont register

# refuse clothing and footwear

# in some cases refuse food

For now, it will do, you are finally safe. Bombs aren't falling here, armed thugs aren't murdering families in the night.

The percentage fleeing 'war' is very small compared to those seeking

a better way of life!

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

The member you replied to clearly doesn't understand that these men are in a safe nation and are refusing to avail themselves of the housing, welfare, and health care that France WILL provide if they register and claim asylum there.
All they want is to get into the UK, they are no longer refugees fleeing oppression, they are migrants choosing which safe nation they wish to live in.
No sympathy from me.
edit on 29.11.2015 by grainofsand because: typo

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

That's true. However, the demographics of Calais contains people mainly from counties - such as Sudan and Eritrea where asylum is likely to be refused in the UK, or France come to that. These are economic migrants.

The fact is that the UK does not want another 6,000 young men, with no skills and no cultural understanding of the country. Nor does it want people who have such intolerance for their fellow man as gangs of Eritreans, Sudanese and others are often rioting against each other and disrupting traffic with bricks.

FFS, if you turn up a job interview you'll have no hope if you start fighting with the other job hunters and abusing the women-folk. The UK is right to refuse their entry. They are not wanted.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
How anyone can break their heart for people who are refusing to avail themselves of housing, welfare, and health care when it is available by simply registering I have no idea. Bleeding hearts who are unable to think with logic. Lame.

I have seen some being interviewed on TV news programmes.

And when they have been asked why they want to enter the UK

they unashamedly said "more money and better benefits" that

says it all!!

And as for a previous poster saying about them being in a strange

country and not being able to speak the language ... well LOL

there was nothing wrong with their English! ...

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Oh for sure, an asylum seeker gets a better deal in the UK compared to France, but France still provides housing, welfare, and health care which is good enough for the 252,264 registered refugees there right now, and good enough for the 55,862 people who have asylum seeking applications currently pending.
www.unhcr.org...

Bleeding hearts whining that men who refuse to apply for help in France and choose to live in a self made slum deserve pity. Absolutely ridiculous and completely emotion based argument with no consideration of the reality of their self imposed situation.

They are no longer fleeing oppression or violence, they are being picky about the safe nation they claim asylum in.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I think we should pay particular attention to this.

. . . shocking to watch people giving thier time to volunteer for aid organisations doing the work of the police for them. Many of the volunteers argued that the construction of the new camp was a necessary step to improve the conditions in the jungle and to « get people the help they need », however at the same time many acknowledged the coercive nature of what they were doing, with every request backed by the threat of state violence to move the people. There was great feeling of pessimism, that nothing could be done to stop the inevitable progess of the state.
calaismigrantsolidarity.wordpress.com...

Attempting to build heated accommodation is presented as state oppression of the people. What kind of an activist wrote that? It sounds like Citizen Smith had an affair with a cabbage and this activist is their love child.

Surely this stuff must be written by spooks. No one else could be that stupid.

Which would suggest the whole thing is a false flag in the making.

That would explain the total censorship of social media in all non-approved parts of the camp.

Muslim charities would be more aware of the oddities. Perhaps that's why they aren't there in great numbers.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

"Takes a ten dollar shoe to fit my feet
And I ain't gonna be treated this way
Your two dollar shoe hurts my feet
And I ain't gonna be treated this way" (Woody Guthrie "Blowing Down The Road")

Why is it ok for Woody, from the perspective of a U.S Dust Bowl refugee, to say that yet when a Muslim war refugee says it well they are just being an undeserving low life? Woody's song is all long gone and romantic yet exactly the same sentiment is expressed here by those Calais refugees in choice of foot wear and destination. Not saying it is right, but....JUST SAYIN'.

Much better thread this time and you make your point well.

I am in contention with you in terms of how I view all this, but your points are fair.

The Calais Camp is very small potatoes. It is is a minor issue compared to the multi millions of refugees who are still, as I write, pouring in to Europe generally. I expect Russia has only made problems worse.

I would not say no personally to some new wellies in this situation. Though I prefer nice expensive Salomon walking boots, hah. If the Mafia told me I could not wear wellies I would not hang around the camp any more. I would go to the French. I could never be held in place by fear like that. Well, I would have accepted France over England any way. More money in England but much better socially in France. Darned fine country and people!

Wellies smellies, eh! Don't worry you who think they are not worth our help. I am sure their winter is not as cosy as yours.

Of course we do not know if the Muslim people are making donations to the Western charities helping them. I bet they are. Just because it is not an Arabic charity does not mean Muslims are not contributing. Certainly UK Muslims are becoming very much part of the UK now. Like it or lump it this is happening. There are many Mosques in the UK. They are probably the biggest minority in the UK now.

If having a caring and considerate nature is being a bleeding heart well then I guess I am that.

The gross media caricatures that paint them as hords and "swarms" is a media caricature. Safely tucked into little houses, in little communities, paying their taxes to the host nation, respecting the law and order of the host nation, going to the host nation's schools (which nearly all Western Muslims do), they are as individual as you and just trying to get by like you and I.

It is easy to kick a man when he is down and blame him for being down. It is unfortunately a human habit to persecute, albeit even slightly. Hey, why not bulldoze it? I am sure some would like this idea. Well why is it ok to bulldoze that place down and not in the Palestinian territories then? They are all Muslims. I know why, because it is far away from your door step and you do not like having # on your own doorstep so it does not matter when it is safely far away. Oh, I see, because that is their home. WELL THIS IS THEIR HOME, TOO; the Calais Camp.

edit on 29-11-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
That's why I am not replying to this post. nothing I say will be taken seriously when I cant post properly. LOL

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
If having a caring and considerate nature is being a bleeding heart well then I guess I am that.
What, are you crying your eyes out for men who live in a slum camp because they choose not to claim asylum in a safe country which will offer them housing, welfare, and health care to UN standards for refugees?

This thread is about Calais, and all the men at Calais right now need to do is register and claim asylum there to receive government assistance.
They are choosing to live in a slum camp because they are being picky about the safe nation they wish to claim asylum in, and refusing to register in France.
Which bit of that do you dispute exactly?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

"Charity don't make it down to the ghetto, everyone knows that." --Tupac
Oh please behave with your rapper quote FFS, those men at Calais don't need charity, all they need to do is register and claim asylum in the town hall and they will be afforded housing, welfare, and health care while their asylum applications are processed.
You can stick your emotional and misguided replies here as much as you like, but those men are CHOOSING not to apply to French authorities for assistance as asylum seekers.
Your 'charity' line is moot and irrelevant in the specific case of the slum camp at Calais.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

What, are you crying your eyes out for men who live in a slum camp because they choose not to claim asylum in a safe country which will offer them housing, welfare, and health care to UN standards for refugees?

This thread is about Calais, and all the men at Calais right now need to do is register and claim asylum there to receive government assistance.
They are choosing to live in a slum camp because they are being picky about the safe nation they wish to claim asylum in, and refusing to register in France.
Which bit of that do you dispute exactly?

I don't dispute any of that. If you read my post correctly ALL THE WAY THROUGH you would know exactly what I said. You did not read it all the way through so you do not know that I was talking about the Calais Camp and what I would personally do in that situation. I can not personally say what they should do because I have absolutely no sway of argument with them: Just another reflex of your kicking knee like your reaction to the refugees; kick, kick, kick. I don't share your precious notion of little England. I think the place smells of bigotry. By Christ I have to put up with my share of it.

It is not causing me any sleepless nights of worry that the refugees are coming to take everything from me, kill me and take my wealth or blow me up. If the UK government said that they will take them into the UK I would not lose any sleep either. Why does it matter so much to you? Obviously you have much more to lose than me. I have not very much to lose and I am certainly no patriot after what I have experienced all my years of English life. I have a million bullets worth of adjectives for England. They were made in England, too; like the other arms shipments that Britain is so good at selling to the rest of the world so they can murder each other and make problems like this that come back to haunt them like a ghost.

But then I like seeing lots of brown faces. I don't know why that is. I like African people very much and I don't want the world to treat them badly any more. Anything that can break that chain is cool with me.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

It is not causing me any sleepless nights. If the UK government said that they will take them into the UK I would not lose any sleep either. Why does it matter so much to you? Obviously you have much more to lose than me. I have not very much to lose and I am certainly no patriot after that I have experienced all my years of English life. I have a million bullets worth of adjectives for England. They were made in England, too. Like the other arms shipments that Britain is so good at selling to the rest of the world so they can murder each other.
No sleepless nights for me either, the border force is doing a decent job of lawfully keeping those blokes out of the tunnel. You know, those men who could get housing, welfare, and health care if they register in France.

...the rest of your rant I shall just dismiss as emotional silliness.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Ok Ollie! (scratches head like Stan).

We can both snore soundly then. Zzzzzzzzzzzz!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

It's rare for me to not sleep soundly

The UK is doing a decent job at keeping those blokes out of the UK and I support the policy.
They are not fleeing violence or oppression now, they are choosing to live in a slum camp over registering in France and receiving assistance offered by the French state.
Their choice, so I don't give a # as long as the border force keep the ungrateful bastards out of the UK.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Would you allow for one of them to come here to replace me and then I could be a happy chap in France?

I tried to run away from the UK. They made me come back again.

I am not happy here really. I am thankful of course, but I don't fit in here.

I would live in France any day. Paris is one amazing city (Jim Morrison was right there in his choice). The country side, too, so special.

The UK, well England, has become very mean and anti social. Definitely took a turn for the worse.

Come on my homey refugees. What is good enough for Jim Morrison and me is good enough for you. Get out of that horrid pit and go get registered.

See, I tried, but they are not listening.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join