It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opportunity Rover finds Dome

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Excellent work! This is exactly what I was thinking of doing yet lack the time, get a better idea of what this thing is through other Sol images. Perhaps you could make a directional perspective of each image (Sol) and an estimated location of the anomaly on the satellite image-mars.nasa.gov...

It was worth reading through 6 pages to read your posts. Way to go thinking in 3-D.

edit on 11/26/2015 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
It is one of the left over set pieces from Jabba's palace.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: hubrisinxs
The Pic from NASA itself

My wife, a trained geologist, said it looks like an old river bed that the rover is in. It is quite possible that is a large rounded river stone. The shiny reflection is because it has got some reflective metal inside it.

No civilization on Mars. At best some fish and small animals, more than likely there were only simple bacteria.

Nothing worse than someone who proclaims to know anything for a fact.

It's entirely possible that there has been advanced civilisations on Mars in the past, human beings really need to stop prescribing to the ideology that if we don't have evidence then it doesn't exist.

Over the course of Billions of years life could have developed to an advanced stage multiple times, just look at our own planet. The fossilised records of pre-historic life on Earth which we have only recently discovered should show that we shouldn't make blanket statements regarding the evolution of life on a planet.

Human beings and every trace of our entire existence could be completely wiped out in a very short space of time, even at our current level of technological expertise. Until we are truly a space race with multiple colonies throughout the universe there are many events which could destroy every historical trace of our species.

A collision similar to that hypothesised in creating our moon would suggest to future explorers that Earth was a lifeless barren planet with only microbial life should they arrive within a few million years of such a cataclysmic event yet with a bit of luck it is entirely possible we could evolve again from the ashes without ever knowing of our true past.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Finally, some sense. Thank you for your research and debunk of this looks-like-something-interesting being nothing but rocks. Shiny rocks. Turns out there're rocks aplenty on Mars. Bottom line, Mars pictures can fool even pretty smart people, and this was one of them that caused many to jump to a false conclusion. I've done that several times with Mars pictures. Lots of us have to go through it. The possibly real stuff is small, and repeatable. Some of that is on the Mars anomalies threads. On this well-received thread, Tardacus took a look at the pictures, took off his Mars gloves, and went to work. He was then able to show us the other pictures, and give a timeline of when they were taken. Thanks again.

edit on 26-11-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
That is a very strange looking "rock" Also the smaller object on the right is also very strange. And whats with the white wiggley lines also.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

Finally, some sense. Thank you for your research and debunk of this looks-like-something-interesting being nothing but rocks. Shiny rocks. Turns out there're rocks aplenty on Mars. Bottom line, Mars pictures can fool even pretty smart people, and this was one of them that caused many to jump to a false conclusion. I've done that several times with Mars pictures. Lots of us have to go through it. The possibly real stuff is small, and repeatable. Some of that is on the Mars anomalies threads. On this well-received thread, Tardacus took a look at the pictures, took off his Mars gloves, and went to work. He was then able to show us the other pictures, and give a timeline of when they were taken. Thanks again.

He has not debunked it. Try reading the whole thread instead of the posts that try to debunk it

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
This thread just popped up on my cell phone.

IS this real? What's going on? What is that thing? Please don't tell me this is a gag

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Not sure it has been totally de-bunked by Tardacus. But it's certainly worth consideration.

This dome could be part of an alien spacecraft couldn't it?

We've sent that much stuff to Mars. Perhaps it's actually something off a craft from Earth?
edit on 26/11/15 by mirageman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

No this is not a gag and we are about 60/40 70/30 split on it being something other than rocks or it again just being rocks. NASA published the photos a short time ago and obviously they're open for discussion. much more anomalous than any of the other photos that have ever been produced or released. IMO

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It looks like a lost opportunity!

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
After finding more pictures of the "dome" I realized that my first post is wrong.
After looking at the first pictures that I found I assumed that the "dome" was where the red arrow on the map below is pointing:

After making my first post I found some other pictures one of them is this one taken on SOL4006 which shows the "dome" in the background:

so you can see on the map where the rover was on SOL4006,you can see by that picture taken on SOL4006 that the rover was nowhere near the "dome".

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
This is an amazing picture! It honestly does look like some type of dome or space craft or observatory...or R2-D2's head. It even appears to have a smaller, more cylindrical shaped building to the right with a little road leading up to it.

Maybe it's a Mars cauldron!

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

This is truly anomalous. I am glad that you and others are giving due diligence to this though. I still think if someone could do the math using the lens measurements I provided earlier on with minor assumptions of the rock sizes close to the rover in the original image we could get a good idea of the size and distance of this dome.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: bkfd54
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

No this is not a gag and we are about 60/40 70/30 split on it being something other than rocks or it again just being rocks. NASA published the photos a short time ago and obviously they're open for discussion. much more anomalous than any of the other photos that have ever been produced or released. IMO

I've seen a lot of rocks being mistaken for something. This is probably the most anomalous photo I've seen from a Rover photo. "Rock" doesn't come to mind. Especially being that there is a smaller object to the right and what looks like a road/walkway/staircase/path?

Not normal appearing at all. I really wish someone could do a better res photo and some filter comparisons. Maybe inversion of color and smoothing or defining.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
After looking at the first pictures that I found I assumed that the "dome" was where the red arrow on the map below is pointing:

I made the same mistake two days ago, the first time I saw this photo.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
Especially being that there is a smaller object to the right and what looks like a road/walkway/staircase/path?

Don't be fooled by the resized images, the original looks less anomalous.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
That's odd... But what if some of these rover pics are from some place out in Utah or Idaho? Would we catch it? lol

The smaller thing on the right of the dome does look like the rear end of a Ford Transit.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

MOD, the pixelated original image you show still shows enough hue variance that even without pixel interpolation you can still see the obvious reflections, acute angulations and arcs. I think the color pixelated image, if it ever becomes available, would lend even more credence to this.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Are there no aerial shots of this area at least? Satellite images? It might help..S&F

Living in underground caves on Mars doesn't sound too pleasing...

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: bkfd54
MOD, the pixelated original image you show still shows enough hue variance that even without pixel interpolation you can still see the obvious reflections, acute angulations and arcs.

My ATS name is ArMaP, not MOD.

As I already said the first time I answered this, there are no hues in a greyscale image, the only thing we can see is differences in brightness, and there's no way of knowing if those differences are the result of reflections, differences in light or differences in colour of the objects seen in the images.

I think the color pixelated image, if it ever becomes available, would lend even more credence to this.

I don't think we will see a colour image, as, at least for the sol from which the OP's photo came, there are only two photos, one from the left camera, the other from the right camera, both with a 430 nm filter.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join