It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opportunity Rover finds Dome

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

yea im sure its on a predetermined path.. makes sense... we need to send a small drone there for this! lol

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons
To control the hurdle, curiosity kills the cat.. So every time we think we find something it gets slammed to pieces over here and you start to think what's the point to even point it out..

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Could just be a rock, opportunity should take a cruise towards this supposed dome and get a closer shot. Nice find though

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Well DUH! Haven't any of you seen The Martian?

This is clearly the remnants of his living quarters.

On a more serious note, It's an interesting picture. I'd love to see it in color, a little closer, and some size reference. Certainly a compelling photo!

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
sure is exciting ..

if you really believe that's on mars...brawwhahahahahahahah.....!!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: tonycodes

I agree TC. Perhaps it's been determined that the martian equivalent of the Clampets may reside there, NASA says, 'let's move on'.

Otherwise I find this is one of the better pics of Mars Anomalies.

Regards,

Bally

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
now we know ISIS is serious business. Forget about ruling the world they already rule the solar system, mosques everywhere.
Suck on that USA!

anyway

here is another shot from a bit further of the same mountain area

link
edit on 26-11-2015 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   

My wife, a trained geologist, said it looks like an old river bed that the rover is in. It is quite possible that is a large rounded river stone. The shiny reflection is because it has got some reflective metal inside it.

No civilization on Mars. At best some fish and small animals, more than likely there were only simple bacteria.

I'd say that shiny rock looks like basalt to me. An igneous rock of some sort at the very least. But I'm no geologist.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: bkfd54

Now this is a photo which looks like it has real objects in it of importance! I'd say definately not a rock.... both objects/domes are too distinct for their surroundings and I reckon some species are already there probably doing what our own people were going to do in 5 to 10 years time.

kinda reminds me of 'Aliens', the movie.... i just hope there aren't any real 'Acid For blood' Aliens! Or if there are, lets hope they can't get to Earth!

I'm surprised NASA didn't blur this image!
edit on CSTThu, 26 Nov 2015 04:16:53 -06000000003004x053x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: Adding Text

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

Yes. I commented that it looks like basalt which would explain its poracity as well. I have a small piece I found digging my pond I could show for comparison, but you can just google search Shiny Basalt and find similar rocks. Being part of a riverbed could make it even more shiny but I don't think that would be necessary.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

Thats just a rock. Its easy to tell its a rock because of where the photograph was taken. See, this is a picture of Mars, where no life of any kind, let alone dome-building civilizations, have ever existed, much less exist now. I read all about Mars in my 4th grade science book and thats the final word. All thats up there is rocks rocks rocks.

You do realise that the stuff we were taught at school becomes dated really fast and things are being rewritten all the time on account of us getting a better understanding of the Universe around us? Nobody knows for sure there has never been a civilisation on Mars because they simply haven't explored enough of the planet and won't until we get boots on the ground there. Deny ignorance my friend, don't embrace it...

As for my tuppenceworth, it's certainly an interesting object, as is the smaller object to the right of it. The Rover may well be in a riverbed here but the dome would be on the riverbank. It is rock coloured but it's quite a dusty environment. All we can do is speculate unless we get to see the hi res images NASA are holding...

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Komodo
sure is exciting ..

if you really believe that's on mars...brawwhahahahahahahah.....!!!!
Sweet, obviously we have someone here with insider knowledge folks.

Where was this filmed then Komodo?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

If NASA were to divert it off its' scheduled course to get closer to (and photograph) every unusual looking or reflective rock it comes across, then it would never achieve any of its' goals.

Isn't the goal to find life or the possibility that there was once life on this planet???

Oh I forgot they aren't there to uncover alien outposts. .my bad..

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
After writing my post above, I have just seen this photo on a story on skynews about Taylor Swift filming her new music video on a beach in NZ.... well, there is a hill right there and on the hill is a dome shaped rock:

So.... could it just be a rock we are seeing on Mars? I guess if you took a photo further out of the rock on this NZ beach, it could also look more sperically alligned and smooth!

edit on CSTThu, 26 Nov 2015 04:42:03 -06000000003004x003x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: spelling mistake

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: VoidHawk

How convenient most government buildings have easy accessibility ramps these days, just makes it easier for those damn Daleks!

Daleks developed the ability to fly years ago, they have no need for ramps anymore...

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Not even close.......

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Ppffftt...

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

What's that to the right of it?

Don't tell me there's a Mosque and a minaret on Mars

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   

I am going to opt for a large buried round boulder. Give mother nature several billion years, and she can make some pretty round rocks.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

The Dome on the Rock has a cosmic cuzzie bro!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join