It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opportunity Rover finds Dome

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The Pic from NASA itself

My wife, a trained geologist, said it looks like an old river bed that the rover is in. It is quite possible that is a large rounded river stone. The shiny reflection is because it has got some reflective metal inside it.

No civilization on Mars. At best some fish and small animals, more than likely there were only simple bacteria.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Gets a S&F from me. Hell if I know.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

That has always puzzled me too! Why doesn't NASA get closer shots of these objects so it can show the public these are just rocks. There's been enough speculation surrounding Mars photos.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: abe froman

That has always puzzled me too! Why doesn't NASA get closer shots of these objects so it can show the public these are just rocks. There's been enough speculation surrounding Mars photos.

They do have better shots. If you were nasa would you send a rover all the way to mars with a low res camera?
The truth will never be told.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

They do, only we don't get to see them...

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: hubrisinxs
The Pic from NASA itself

My wife, a trained geologist, said it looks like an old river bed that the rover is in. It is quite possible that is a large rounded river stone. The shiny reflection is because it has got some reflective metal inside it.

No civilization on Mars. At best some fish and small animals, more than likely there were only simple bacteria.

You made me think, we keep being told about how much water was on mars, lakes, deep oceans, but I find it strange that I can't recall seeing one single water worn pebble in any image I have seen.

just saying

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

They do, only we don't get to see them...

Probably! So why teas the public and publish these questionable photos? They must like starting conspiracies.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: bkfd54

S&F for a great picture

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

And will anyone drive that thing over there for a closer look? No. ffs. I would do double time without the pay increase. Hell, I would do it for free.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

We sometimes can't even get high resolution photos of the moon.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

How convenient most government buildings have easy accessibility ramps these days, just makes it easier for those damn Daleks!

edit on 25/11/15 by LightSpeedDriver because: Context

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Thanks for posting OP. NASA should take a closer look at this feature that does not look natural, but I doubt if that will happen based on past experience (the other smaller dome does not look natural either). As a retired cartographer and photo analyst that did NASA contract work on the Apollo Lunar Landing Mission, in my opinion it does not appear to be a rock; but a closer look by NASA would settle the inquires. Very interesting indeed.
: Klassified

edit on 25-11-2015 by lunarcartographer because: added a comment

edit on 25-11-2015 by lunarcartographer because: spelling

edit on 25-11-2015 by lunarcartographer because: spelling error

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Sillies... that's simply Phobos and Deimos rising... not some Star Wars pad.

Now I'm kidding about that being a moons rise, for those less space wonky... and that is, in all probability, just worn, weathered rocks... but it is interesting and could be something unexpected, so good find.

I think signs of a civilization on Mars isn't totally out of the question, considering the very real oddness noted there... buuuut this doesn't drive the ol' nail into the coffin on a dead, never-been-inhabited Mars, for me.

It just looks like a smooth, domed rock.. .with almost even markings around the perimeter... and a cable snaking down the hill with an outbuilding... no, darnit... it's rocks! You folks are messing with my reality constructs... stop it! Stop it!

+22 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: hubrisinxs
The Pic from NASA itself

Oh, well if your wife said, no further discussion required i guess.

Thread closed.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Klassified

What's that to the right of it?

The outhouse.....

I'm glad you said that, and not me.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

If you assume any living body has a D.N.A informational sequence to sculpt that body for its environment, then we also have to assume that solar radiation has a good chance of damaging the sequence.On Mars any living thing would have to live away from the damaging surface radiation. So its in the caves and underground where the rover should be looking . Saying the red planet is too young to have developed intelligent life could be fraught with a time dilation problem as Mars time would not be Earth time . If we are talking millennia with time being relative , then evolution could be a lot faster on Mars relative to Earth , in that case any intelligent civilisation could have out grown its original Martian D.N.A .Then altered it to suit whatever is required. In fractions of the time , it takes relative to Earth time.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: hubrisinxs

Could be.? I just wish we had some 3D perspective. Short of the rover whipping out a tape measure we will continue to be plagued with a lack of perspective.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

Thats just a rock. Its easy to tell its a rock because of where the photograph was taken. See, this is a picture of Mars, where no life of any kind, let alone dome-building civilizations, have ever existed, much less exist now. I read all about Mars in my 4th grade science book and thats the final word. All thats up there is rocks rocks rocks.

We should rename "Mars" to "Rocks".

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

If you look at the original image, in bottom left is nearly spherical rock right there lol.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

It's looks like a rounded rock, partially buried. There is a similar fully exposed one in the same image. I am guessing a dried stream if you ask me.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join