It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Says He 'Would Certainly Implement' Muslim Database

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Maybe we should do away with the "voter affiliation" thing, now that I think about it.....
All of us are "unaffiliated" - that way ALL OF US can vote in whatever primary, and whatever General Election.

That would surely throw a wrench into the MSM/Political Pandering works!!! Right??!!

edit on 11/20/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I'm for this, but we also have to de-list all politicians' parties from the ballot as well. Make people earn their partisan line toeing by actually RESEARCHING who is running for their party.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yes!! Make it so!!

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Though on second thought I can also see the need for restrictive primaries like we have now. A major political party wouldn't want a bunch of trolls voting in their primaries and screwing up who they want to nominate for President. I mean do you think a bunch of Democrats would honestly unbiasedly vote properly in a Republican primary? Or vice-versa?

I mean what happens when a bunch of Democrats sabotage a Republican primary by nominating "Deez Nuts" to be the candidate? I think we should just stick to my idea for the general election though.
edit on 20-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Trump just doesn't want us to forget he's alive, it's like tinkerbell, he needs attention or he'll die.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I Don't Believe In Trump!!!

Did it work?
edit on 11/20/2015 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

that would be pointless cause it works both ways.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

YOU WILL. be?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Much worse version of Ross Perot.

At least Perot had great quotes.

I come from an environment where, if you see a snake, you kill it. At GM, if you see a snake, the first thing you do is go hire a consultant on snakes. Then you get a committee on snakes, and then you discuss it for a couple of years. The most likely course of action is -- nothing. You figure, the snake hasn't bitten anybody yet, so you just let him crawl around on the factory floor. We need to build an environment where the first guy who sees the snake kills it.
Ross Perot

www.quoteswise.com...
edit on 20-11-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

good point.

It reminds me of a thought I had the other day (I made a post somewhere to this effect) - that members of Congress should be able to cast anonymous votes, just like we do.

I understand totally that it's helpful to know how a candidate or rep votes, for future reference.....but sometimes I just think the divisiveness could be tempered on big huge issues like "approving war", etc. if they could cast 'secret ballots' for some issues -

or, naah. Never mind. Stupid suggestion - my mind works that way - think of ALL POSSIBLE OPTIONS, and by the process of elimination choose the best one.

edit on 11/20/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Every idea is worth considering. It's when you desperately cling to it despite all discourse pointing it to being a bad idea that problems start to arise. That's my life philosophy.
edit on 20-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

For the last several years, I've held the belief that Trump is a provocateur. This further confirms my belief.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Exactly.

The bottom line is that what we (as a nation) are doing now is producing poison fruit. I honestly don't understand how thinking people can not say, "Hang on a minute.....this is kinda sucky. Can we update the status quo, please?"

But, I've learned via research and observation that many, many people are too terrified of change to even try it.

A movie quote that I love: "Whichever devil you choose, you will look him in the eye first and make a choice, which is more than my mother ever [allowed] to me." (Dangerous Beauty)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

"Better the devil you know..." Every time I ask why people fear change, the immediate response I get is, "Well not all change is good." So how does that mean that what we have now is a good idea?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

People fear change because they have adapted to their surroundings.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Right. That's why I put the partial quote "Better the devil you know..." in that post.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
So is it a big deal that Obama has a secret database of everyone, according to Democrat Maxine Waters?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
So is it a big deal that Obama has a secret database of everyone, according to Democrat Maxine Waters?

Is it Obama that has it, or the US government that has it?

Step 1 is to make sure you have actually identified the enemy. Unless Obama is the monarch, its not his. None of it is his. Its all property of the Federal Government.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I know what you mean.....
the antithesis of that is "know both of the devils and make an EDUCATED CHOICE".......
fear is counterproductive.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: DBCowboy

Because protection from religious persecution is a founding principle in our nation

So is a right to privacy.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join