It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

27 States and counting...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yeah, even ISIS doesn't want Syrian refuges:

ISIS sees Syrian refugees as traitors:

According to ISIS, Syrian Muslim refugees are traitors to the radical Islamic cause. “It is correct for Muslims to leave the lands of the infidel for the lands of Islam, but not vice versa,” one ISIS video said in September. Here are several other examples of similar condemnation from this year. Nearly 90 percent of displaced Syrians in Turkey have no sympathy for ISIS at all, even though ISIS is fighting the person, Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad, who most refugees see as their main enemy. Kurdish and Christian refugees see ISIS as their main foe. Some have speculated that the attacker in Paris intentionally left the fake Syrian passport near his body to help turn the West against Syrian refugees. Turning away Syrian refugees plays into ISIS’s hands.

And the attackers in Paris probably weren't refuges anyway, and the USA has a completely different refuge process than Europe:

The Paris attackers were not refugees:

Assuming that the user of a fake Syrian passport found near the body of an attacker belonged to the attacker, which isn’t clear, it appears that he may have exploited the flow of people into Europe, but he was not a refugee. He did not receive refugee designation from the United Nations or vetting from intelligence agencies. He was never approved for refugee status in any country. To become a refugee in the United States, you undergo a multi-stage vetting process and only after receiving U.N. designation by trained officers in the field. The U.S. can vet refugees prior to admission, which means we can weed out terrorists and those most likely to become involved in terrorism, accepting only the most vulnerable. Europe cannot do the same. What happened in Paris is not applicable to the U.S. refugee process.

Source

I remember after 9/11 how worked up everyone got over anyone Muslim or anyone who LOOKED Muslim. I remember the fear mongering and war drums. I remember being tricked into somehow believing Iraq had something to do with 9/11, and I witnessed as America passed the "Patriot Act" and willingly traded freedom for a false sense of security.

Fear is the great controller, and it is being used as a weapon by our political leaders and mass media.

link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Sadly, national security has become a partisan issue like everything else.

National security is impossible in a "Nation" without borders.

link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Not inuit, but I am native. Born and raised in the USA.

ETA: Vikings predated colonization by a fair margin, so even after your edit, yup.

edit on 17-11-2015 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Dude, I don't want anyone else in the US right now. Fix the nation's problems before we start accepting more problems into the country freely.

ETA: And you and I will have to agree to disagree over how dangerous refugees from Syria are. There are many ways to terrorize a country without ever shedding a drop of blood.
edit on 17-11-2015 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

That's fine, too. Did you know that the US didn't want that statue in the first place? Congress voted to accept the gift, but rejected it when Bartoldi informed them that the US would need to provide the pedestal. Zero tax dollars were to be used. It took France convincing Pulitzer to partner with them by printing the name of every contributor to the fund to construct the pedestal. Fund raising for it took 15 years and, when finally built, the people of New York hated the damn thing.

The "melting pot" destination of the world's cast aways and dregs is largely a construct of the government and media, forced upon the citizenry of the US. It is not something "We the People" have ever majority embraced.

Just ..wow.

Sincerely,

A Dreg

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Yeah, I edited my post. In your geneaology, though, are there any immigrants?

I was born here, as well - my ancestors came from Northern Europe, Poland, and Scandinavia.

Where did yours come from?

Just curious.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

But if your ancestors had stayed where they were from originally, would you still have been born in the USA? And were they the rich elite from their country of origin?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Dude, I don't want anyone else in the US right now. Fix the nation's problems before we start accepting more problems into the country freely.

ETA: And you and I will have to agree to disagree over how dangerous refugees from Syria are. There are many ways to terrorize a country without ever shedding a drop of blood.

And I don't want people like you, who call me a dreg, here either. So stalemate? Some of the problems appear to already be in country.
edit on 11/17/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
I just had a vision of the Statue of Liberty being removed.

What, like the World Trade Center?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I'll agree to disagree -- but I want to clarify something:

I'm NOT at ALL against being very thorough and borderline OCD on who we admit into the USA. I don't care if these people have to wait 3 months in international waters.

And, I think the richest Middle Eastern nations need to be doing more and taking more refuges in themselves. How many refuges has Dubai taken in?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

My ancestry includes Finland. Does yours?

link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Just saying, it was a vision that popped into my head.

link   

We have similar heritages, except I have the Slavic/Russian blood instead of Polish.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

So do I - Polish Russian/Germans. They were starved out of Germany and went to colonize Poland under Russia and had to flee there as well.

edit on 11/17/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
And I don't want people like you, who call me a dreg, here either. So stalemate? Some of the problems appear to already be in country.

That's great. Let's take a vote among the people of the US and see which one of our opinions passes the Democracy test?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Everyone in the US is where the Powers That Be wanted everyone to be.

In the 1830's the Congress decided that more immigrants was better for the political establishment than attempting to advance technology.

Al of the immigrants had gumption, toughness, and a brave spirit, but they were let in for their votes. The immigrants would always vote for the establishment.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

We have similar heritages, except I have the Slavic/Russian blood instead of Polish.

The rich elite royal Slavic/Russians or the Russians trying to have a better life in America then what they were leaving behind?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
*holds hands up* Wait, wait, wait...

I don't think the "we're all from somewhere" argument is a good one.

Sorry, I may agree with it -- but its tired and doesn't change people's minds or resonate with anyone. Most Americans are so far removed from their ancestral roots, that saying "your an immigrant too!" simply doesn't work.

After watching what my best friend's wife had to go through just to get her K-5 visa, I'm not surprised we have illegals in this country. Good God, unless you have a lot of money -- doing all the paperwork yourself takes forever. We should be thorough -- even more so if possible...but the process can be streamlined in a million ways.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

No clue. If they were wealthy, it never made it's way down to me.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel
I am not surprised that we have 27 governors who put out statements to get right wing airtime. Some of these states have NO Syrian refugees. Also, that is ultimately decided at the Federal level.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join