It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

27 States and counting...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Yep, so it SEEMS like it is worse because we are aware of more awfulness, but the only real difference here is the awareness of it. The awfulness as always existed.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
let there country burn so they can pick it up from the ashes. hell if we didn't fund alnusra Assad would have destroyed Isis as they were being known Syrian rebels... so yea I don't want these people here because we #ed them over.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I'm currently living in one of the 5 states that's welcoming them.... sigh

Nothing like a bunch of stoned citizens staying vigilant here in Washington state....sigh

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
And for every six year old girl there are a hundred military aged men with fake documents and suspect intentions... Sleep well.

This is a claim that you have NO way of knowing is true, is fueled by your prejudices, and is VERY likely not even close to true.

On the contrary, do the research. There is an enormous amount of evidence showing that by far the greatest percentage of these so called refugees are men between the ages of 18 and 40. People show pictures of women and children to gain sympathy and support but look at the video of swarms of these so called refugees swarming europe. There are indeed some women and children, but by far the majority are adult men. And it has been proven repeatedly, as recently as in France last Friday, that at least some of these so called refugees are militant islam with fake credentials intent on committing acts of terrorism.

I do know its true and so does everyone else.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It is human nature that I was referencing, sorry for not being more specific.
People have always essentially been good with the few bad apples. What wrong with wanting to vet people a bit before welcoming them with open arms. It has nothing to do with religion, when have I referenced Muslims? I believe all innocence is worth protecting, though my own children will always come first.

And you know, I may end up disgusting them some day, but I do my damnedest to do right by my children and putting them in harms way is not doing that. I have not once said to fear Muslims either. Goodness, my kids saw there first hijab last month and it sparked a lovely conversation on the differences in people and their sympathy for how hot those particular individuals must be when it was 100f outside.

My distrust lies in the obvious actions of a group of evil people who are yelling about how badly they want to hurt us. I don't believe they should be welcomed into our country with open arms any more than I would invite a predator in my home to babysit my boys. Human nature is what it is. Let's nurture the innocence and prove to that generation that we care. Why can't we welcome some women and children? We aren't changing hearts and minds of the grown men who have decided to jihad against humanity. As I see it, this isn't even a religious issue in the fact that they are even killing their own.

Edit to add...
I'm not referring to all male refugees as ISIS in any way either. I'm simply recognizing the fact that it is how the terrorists are concealing themselves.
edit on 17-11-2015 by woodsmom because: Clarification

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Ok...look at it this way. Our wonderful president said last Friday morning, just before the attacks in France, that ISIS was contained. I can only assume he meant that in the same manner in which democrats say the refugees are mostly women and children and not militant islamic men between the ages of 18 and 40. Lets assume, just for the fun of it, that he is correct. ISIS is contained. So syria must be safe now. In order to claim refugee status you must demonstrate that you are fleeing something that is imminent danger to you. If ISIS is contained like obama said the refugees can all go home and have nothing to fear. Problem solved.
edit on 17-11-2015 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

No, there is all of zero research pointing to a ratio of 100 men with fake documents and suspect intentions to every 1 6 year old girl. That is just xenophobic and bigoted nonsense.

Many of the refugees MAY be men, yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are suspect or terrorists.
edit on 17-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: woodsmom

Yet despite all these refugees, Muslim related terrorist attacks still number around 2% of all terrorist attacks in the west.
edit on 17-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

No, there is all of zero research pointing to a ratio of 100 men with fake documents and suspect intentions to every 1 6 year old girl. That is just xenophobic and bigoted nonsense.

Many of the refugees MAY be men, yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are suspect or terrorists.

How unusual - - - man travels the harsh journey to make a new life for his family - - - then sends for them when he feels its safe.

Never heard of such a thing.

Does anyone honestly believe the migration of humans for a better life can ever be stopped?
edit on 17-11-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Nothing like a bunch of stoned citizens staying vigilant here in Washington state....sigh

Yeah, all that tolerance and relaxed acceptance has got to be difficult for you.
sigh

You wanna swap houses? You can come here to ever-so-Bible Kansas!!

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I am not going to play statistical BS games with you. Lets end your little game now: replace 1 six year old girl and 100 military age men with very few children and many military age men.

As for whether they are suspect or terrorists - GO ASK THE FAMILIES OF THE PEOPLE WHO JUST DIED IN FRANCE. THEY FOUND THE FAKE PASSPORTS. THEY KNOW FOR A FACT AT LEAST SOME OF THE TERRORISTS FAKED REFUGEE STATUS TO ENTER EUROPE. WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET THROUGH TO PEOPLE LIKE YOU?

Now, if you want to nitpick exact numbers go ahead and try. Game over - you lose.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Don't waist your breath, Vroom. I have learned that some people work so hard at trying to be super tolerant that they have lost the common sense ability of legitimate discrimination. As they say, "you can be so open minded that your brains fall out". I truly believe there is some mental illness in this inability to balance logic and reasoning with too much tolerance.

(post by Krazysh0t removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I am not going to play statistical BS games with you. Lets end your little game now: replace 1 six year old girl and 100 military age men with very few children and many military age men.

As for whether they are suspect or terrorists - GO ASK THE FAMILIES OF THE PEOPLE WHO JUST DIED IN FRANCE. THEY FOUND THE FAKE PASSPORTS. THEY KNOW FOR A FACT AT LEAST SOME OF THE TERRORISTS FAKED REFUGEE STATUS TO ENTER EUROPE. WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET THROUGH TO PEOPLE LIKE YOU?

Now, if you want to nitpick exact numbers go ahead and try. Game over - you lose.

Wait a moment. You made a very specific claim that there "is an enormous amount of evidence showing that by far the greatest percentage of these so called refugees are men between the ages of 18 and 40" and invited people to do the research. But now you are resorting to using an appeal to emotion to verify your argument.

Surely, since there is an enormous amount of evidence, you can provide a few links that show this evidence, correct?

You haven't been listening to the Right Wing nuts that were spreading lies and pictures from other countries, have you?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Yeah, all that tolerance and relaxed acceptance has got to be difficult for you.
sigh

You wanna swap houses? You can come here to ever-so-Bible Kansas!!

The green makes it easier to accept the fact I'll have many syrian refugees in my neck of the woods...

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Well, you know - - "If it bleeds, it leads".

I'd bet the Do Good realities are of a much higher percent then the 2% of terrorists actions.

But, Hey! Who the hell cares - - right?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I'm just wondering why it is that somehow being a military aged man as a refugee is somehow a crime. Like ALL men old enough to fight in a war somehow have the balls and fortitude to do so...

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

a reply to: Annee

I'm just wondering why it is that somehow being a military aged man as a refugee is somehow a crime. Like ALL men old enough to fight in a war somehow have the balls and fortitude to do so...

It all stems from the propaganda that has been circulating on the nutter sites and Right Wing sites. There was even a piece on MSNBC yesterday that talked about the false hysteria people are spreading.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Leave them alone, and I'm sure they'll leave you alone.

Or better yet, make an effort to meet them and be a friendly AMERICAN.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Well, I'm friendly to everyone, as long as they mean well. I'll pass them the peace pipe

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join