It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparent massive triangular object captured over Melbourne - night vision video

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
It's an alien spacecraft designed to appear as a moth.

It's very clever.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Actually, as I stated before in fact, it does flutter. Very subtly. So subtly I half expect it to be some cheap effect overlaying the image of the stars, but am not sure and unlike seemingly many people do not wish to jump to conclusions. I requested for someone who knows more about time lapsed star recording videos to comment on whether that fluttering was intense enough. That person does not seem to be you.

a reply to: abe froman

That fade into and out of corporeal existence? I cannot recall many satellites being almost perfectly still, and moving back and forth from the Earth rather than orbiting it. My bet's on hoax or hover drone.

a reply to: hellobruce

No.

a reply to: mclarenmp4

Show me a single video of a moth acting like this, or even a reasonable and logical explanation of how a moth would cause this effect, then reiterate your claim. As it stands, you're just as bad as UFOers are often said to be. Just because your proposed conclusion is the more likely one doesn't mean you get to hand-wave it away as correct. Evidence.

I am seeing many claims, I am seeing even less evidence. One person was kind enough to provide a video of a drone that appears visually similar, though the movement pattern was totally different, and that is why "hover drone" is currently the most likely conclusion, as I see it.
edit on 17/11/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

Sorry but the photo in the OP looks like a moth, I'm just saying. I've seen hundreds of UFO video footage posted on ATS over the years and for a while there were lots of blurred birds being misreported as UFO's. So excuse me for my cynicism but I need a bit more proof than some moth looking object fading in and out. There's no context, we don't know the source and I prefer to look for logical answers before going all scifi. It could be something reflecting onto the camera from headlights and as the object is illuminated and then not it, appearing as if it's cloaking in and out of the shot.
Could be aliens though.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

It's a recording. Watch the video in the OP. Time-lapsed, supposedly. Please don't try to explain it away without watching the footage. You might actually have some useful insight, too. Do you think the stars flicker too faintly for it to be a legitimate recording?

Moths don't act like that, they tend to move. Ever.

As I have stated, my position on this matter is currently
1) Hoverdrone
2) Hoax
Room for more.
3) Alien Spacecraft

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Moths don't act like that, they tend to move. Ever.

Dust or moisture from a moth that smacked into the lens wouldn't move

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Dust or moisture from a moth that smacked into the lens wouldn't move

You would expect that to appear instantaneously and then fade away, rather than gradually coming into completion.

Unless the uploader of the video is intentionally deceiving us (possible) the "moth dust" explanation is highly unlikely. The chance of it being an actual moth is almost zero.
Oh, and I forgot to mention, supposedly while recording the camera's lens is... Surrounded by a cardboard tube, I think? A moth would not be likely to smack it directly without first appearing in view.

edit on 17/11/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

edit on 17/11/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Mysterious Reasons

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

The chance of it being an actual moth is almost zero.

:-)

Yes - I'm sure there are more likely explanations than a moth. Sure looks like a moth though...

I gotta be honest - I'm all about the UFO. I am always hoping that this time - it's a freaking UFO

edit on 11/17/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

It is a UFO, we have not identified it thus far. In my mind, there are two possible explanations we have proposed before getting to the 'aliens' answer. Please don't use UFO as a shorthand for spacecraft, that's not what it is, or means.

I am not saying it's an extraterrestrial spacecraft, I'm actually saying it's a military drone. I don't like that explanation. I live near Melbourne. It is, however, currently, the most likely. Because there is some evidence for it, if weak.

As I mentioned earlier, actual moths move. A lot. They also do not tend to fade in to and out of existence. It may be dust or moisture - somehow - but it is not a moth. I will be genuinely shocked if it is.

Remember, the video is time-lapsed.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Please don't use UFO as a shorthand for spacecraft

I can't promise anything - but I will try

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Thank you. While I guess it is actually legitimate as a colloquial term, I dislike it being used that way because it makes UFOlogy seem like "A bunch of loons who try to prove to aliens built the pyramids or whatever" rather than what it should be, the study of confirmed to exist unknown airborne phenomena.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Haha... that is so easy to fake on a computer. Doesn't like behave naturally, looks like someone is using a "fade" mechanic in photo shop.

I'm going with fake based on the YouTube poster and this half ass video lol. Until some evidence proves the video to be real. Otherwise I'm calling the obvious.

It's not up to me to prove anything, I didn't post this edited video.

Night vision was a cute twist

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Yes. A roughly triangular thing. I don't know what it was.
But how massive, exactly, was it? 50,000 tons? That's pretty massive. Was it that massive?

What are you suggesting.. that you can't tell the actual size by the available points of reference? C'mon man.

Btw.. are stars a good point of reference for 3 dots in the sky?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Yes. A roughly triangular thing. I don't know what it was.
But how massive, exactly, was it? 50,000 tons? That's pretty massive. Was it that massive?

What are you suggesting.. that you can't tell the actual size by the available points of reference? C'mon man.

Btw.. are stars a good point of reference for 3 dots in the sky?

I can blot out Orion's Belt with my thumb.

How many light years across does that make it?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Interesting. So far as the amount of lies contained in that video.

That's gen 3 night vision from a video recording device turned into still frames. It fades in because someone has put in a cross fade in editing. It's clearly not video footage because there is no "noise" in the footage whatsoever. You only need to see 1 seconds worth of gen 3 night vision to know there would be noise. Why the fakey fakey turn footage into a slideshow routine, to what truth-seeker ever does that favor??

Heh. Appears/vanishes? You mean, is cross faded like a slideshow? It's really amazing how some people think the entire world can be fooled because they learned how to add transitions in editing software which have only existed for about 50 years prior. If someone can point me to where the creator stresses this is still shots and explains why they have a gen 3 still-shot camera (and what it is) and why there is no noise then please do. But that doesn't exist, right?

Even before taking consideration into the object it's all bull#. Show me the raw footage, cos it might actually be something, but the truth has been so obscured to the point where it's reached youtube vid and forum thread - it's not even worth worrying about. It's like finding a priceless jewel for your favorite person, and grinding it down continuously until you finally reach them and it's a grain of sand when you give it. Why the F did you do that?? Why didn't you preserve the original? Why did this video get so obfuscated when there might be something to it, if only they had stuck with the original? That normally says - because they know they are hiding a greater truth, like, it's an aeroplane or such. It's something they see in their scope every night, etc. Still, people will lap this stuff up at face value, so...Enjoy your lies!

IR stuff is good. It clearly has many truths in it about UFOs that people aren't prepared to face yet. But not like this. This is clickbait.

I don't mean to derail the thread, actually, that is equal lies, I do totally - but ignore the OP and watch this IR video

Help you understand what generation 3 night vision is and does

how it doesn't come in still photos

Show you what some real unexplained phenomena is

explain what these 100 or so objects are

and that thing at 11-12 minutes

that thing with movement that doesn't occur in nature

It's far more worth your time than this fading in and out crap.

edit on 17-11-2015 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: markymint
Looks like bats chasing insects to me. Is she talking to herself?

but ignore the OP and watch this IR video

Help you understand what generation 3 night vision is and does

So, which is it? IR or night vision?

edit on 11/17/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

If I hold my thumb close enough to my eye, I can block out the entire sky...

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
To those blindly calling *hoax*

Lou is out there almost every night, Lou cares enough to actively do something.
He's taken countless hours of strange up there, this is just the most recent.

As far as we can gather.. he's never faked a thing.

you owe the man a formal apology.

And it's weak as piss to so quickly jump to "hoax" it shows a certain conditioning we don't need more of, weaker still to throw it around like candy when clearly no investigation has taken place.. had you bothered you'd see Lou takes watching for strange things quite seriously and isn't one of the crazy wooheads that have flooded the internet with pre prepared dis-info about the "aliens" and other BS.

Is it too much to ask.. to be able to have one... just one.. thread wherein baseless accusations aren't thrown and we get to actually ponder some unknown in some relative peace??

where is the harm in that?

It's an unknown.. big whoop.. let us wonder, or fill us in on what it is...

crazy tales of zenu.. and small minded thugs.. need not apply.
edit on 17-11-2015 by Xarian6 because: .

edit on 17-11-2015 by Xarian6 because: ..

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I have a theory,don't shoot me down in flames (don't shot me down in flames, ha ha, get it? ha ha...oh hang on too early), it's just an idea.

We have lots of eucalyptus trees that shed their bark in strips in Australia, during a fire these strips can start to smolder, get blown upwards and catch on fire 5, 10, 20 kilometers from the original fire site. There have a been a lot of last minute fuel reduction burns in Victoria this last week, there is a heat wave starting today and summer is a month early so we have had to rush to finish our fuel reduction burns - beside the point. So I think one of these strips got carried in an updraft, started floating back down, quite serenely, then hit some critical point in its shape or oxygen level or whatever and ignited, glowed hot for a minute and wen out again. There is no indication how high this light was, so don't know how he can claim it was massive.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I really do not see a moth. I see three distinct globes on the corners of a triangle that appears to fade into view and then fades out. If it is not faked it is a great find by the person who shot the video.
edit on 18-11-2015 by bluemooone2 because: spl

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join