It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TRUMP: I'd 'strongly consider' shutting down some mosques

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

The US isn't Tunisia either.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: crazyewok

Oh I know this. Notice how everyone is defending his words instead of lamenting his attack on the First Amendment? I guess when terrorists are involved, rights go out the window and aren't important.

Um. When "terrorists" are involved? You do realize we are trying to kill them?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

a reply to: queenofswords

And don't you think that the FBI would have done that if they found a mosque promoting terrorism within the country?

In the U.K we are told that there are several Mosques where hatred of western life is taught. I have not heard of any Mosques being closed though, despite the rhetoric from the Government in the last 6 months.

www.express.co.uk...

Merely preaching hatred would not be enough. Reverend Wright's church (the one Obama attended for 20 years) preached hate against America on a weekly basis. Nobody ever thought about shutting them down.

However, if we ever find out that muslim terrorists are being churned out of a particular mosque, that is more than hate SPEECH...now it is a terrorist breeding camp and should be shut down.

link   
Our system is a train on a predetermined track IMO. Who cares who is up front screaming at the windshield. Not like applying the brake this late will change the course.

link   

Well actually, Egypt isn't the United States.

Well actually it isn't something unheard of, and there must be a problem when Muslims in their own countries think it is a good idea and necessary

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

So how come the Westboro Baptist Church wasn't shut down?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Well actually, Egypt isn't the United States.

Well actually it isn't something unheard of, and there must be a problem when Muslims in their own countries think it is a good idea and necessary

Well THOSE countries don't have this thing called the freedom of religion do they?
edit on 16-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Sheesh I can't believe, as someone defending freedom of religion in this thread, I'M the bad guy here... Muslim hate is strong right now. So sad...

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

The US isn't Tunisia either.

You know why I am pointing this out, either we and other countries attack this problem at the root, or we have to face the consequences.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It should be. I am a freedom loving person, but some things cannot be allowed. (WBC)
edit on 16-11-2015 by ttropia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Have the Westboro idiots blown up anything lately? Have they massacred 128 innocent people lately? Are they planting bombs in backpacks and blowing up marathon runners?

The day they start breeding that sort is the day they will be shut down and executed.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
We should have our own version of the Jizya. Jewish Temples and Christian Churches should be tax-free but any other places of worship should pay Uncle Sam for being here. The mosques would probably protest this on principle and it would give us an excuse to tear them down.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Sheesh I can't believe, as someone defending freedom of religion in this thread, I'M the bad guy here... Muslim hate is strong right now. So sad...

You have never struck me as the dense type. Maybe you're just not understanding the differences.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Have the Westboro idiots blown up anything lately? Have they massacred 128 innocent people lately? Are they planting bombs in backpacks and blowing up marathon runners?

Have any mosques contributed to any terrorist attacks within our country lately either? Of course not. We haven't had one within our borders recently.

The day they start breeding that sort is the day they will be shut down and executed.

Lol, no they won't. Not in this country at least. I could also bring up all the Christian fire bombers who throw bombs at abortion clinics or send death threats to abortion doctors.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Trump is a genius pandermiester. He knows how to push conservative buttons but he isn't going to do anything because he won't get the nomination.

He is playing another game entirely...

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans
We should have our own version of the Jizya. Jewish Temples and Christian Churches should be tax-free but any other places of worship should pay Uncle Sam for being here. The mosques would probably protest this on principle and it would give us an excuse to tear them down.

So the 1st only applies to Jews and Christians? I thought it read, "freedom OF religion."

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

You have never struck me as the dense type. Maybe you're just not understanding the differences.

Point out all the mosques that are harboring terrorists or indoctrinating terrorists within our borders and I'll glad agree with you. In fact, name ONE.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Well, certainly a BOLD statement.

I will say this about his political future:

He either just screwed himself right out of POTUS contention OR

He just ensure a two term POTUS.

Time will tell-it won't be long.

link   

Because after a terrorist attack the heckles of the xenophobe crowd are raised.

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Ok. I take back the first sentence of my last post. I am now struck.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join