It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Physicist says he got strong evidence that human mind is capable of influencing matter

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: disk4

When it comes to science, yes, you are correct.

Which is what the physicist in the OP seems to be talking about. He's heard about those experiments in quantum mechanics. He is asking for funding to attempt to duplicate the results. He does not seem to be accepting the results of those experiments.

In spite of the headline.

edit on 11/17/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: booyakasha

Tell me Tesla's work is a hoax. Please

Much of it was.

He had a real thing going with a dove that emitted beams of white light, too.

I wouldn't call his "work" a hoax.

It was the ravings of a lunatic.

Tesla is where we get the phrase "mad scientist" from.

Harte

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Wow I have been reading ATS posts for a long time , but after reading this I decided I had to create an account just to say something . I have read phage's posts a lot on other threads but wow in this one he's reduced to subtly ( actually not so subtly ) insulting / ridiculing some people . Trifecta's post were quite detailed I thought , at least the energy band explanation was logical to me . Later when he says abt the OP posting a video "a slip of my mind " , Phage replies back with cruel sarcasm. In fact most of the posts anywhere appreciative of the OP/different science, has been shot down as an hoax or plain stupidity. I thought ATS was more than that . This might/might not be off topic, feel free to remove if it is.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
PhD Michio Kaku has previously elaborated a research on this and I believe has a book on such topic.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I think we have yet to fully understand the countless capabilities of the human mind, perhaps if we are lucky we will know more of what we are capable of in the future!

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Frocharocha

In The Coming Race (1871) Bulwer-Lytton describes a superior civilization that descended from the gods that lived before the Great Flood. He gives a detailed and surreal description of the civilization.
Women were superior to men and were able to control a super power with their brain through a nerve in their hand palm. That super power the author called The Vril.
The Vril could take many forms. But one thing was for sure: The Vril was a ‘light power’.
All in all, it appears the author himself did not know exactly how The Vril really worked. He seems convinced that The Vril could be created by mind control. He also talks about Lai: a subtle and life giving medium, which is invisible, but is everywhere around us. If The Vril is given free game in that medium, it creates a substance with a temperature similar to this of the highest life forms.
From
www.evawaseerst.be...

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewGuySoTrollMe
Trifecta's post were quite detailed I thought , at least the energy band explanation was logical to me .

If you understood what was being said, you'd have gotten that it was a weird non-sequitur, a use of a graphic that had no relation to the explanation, which had no relation to the topic, but sounded/looked "sciency".

I'd say the sarcasm was deserved, although usually Phage provides some explanation why. Me, I'd have probably answered "You might want to reconsider that" or "Actually, no, not at all" but everyone's different. Each cat his own rat, as my old pals used to say.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: zandra

In The Coming Race (1871) Bulwer-Lytton describes a superior civilization that descended from the gods that lived before the Great Flood. He gives a detailed and surreal description of the civilization.

The problem is, it's all fantasy. Reminds me a lot of Abraham Merritt's fiction.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: NewGuySoTrollMe
Trifecta's post were quite detailed I thought , at least the energy band explanation was logical to me .

If you understood what was being said, you'd have gotten that it was a weird non-sequitur, a use of a graphic that had no relation to the explanation, which had no relation to the topic, but sounded/looked "sciency".

I'd say the sarcasm was deserved, although usually Phage provides some explanation why. Me, I'd have probably answered "You might want to reconsider that" or "Actually, no, not at all" but everyone's different. Each cat his own rat, as my old pals used to say.

Hi Bedlam. I'm aware of your grasp of science. I'm familiar with your posts. I started another thread addressing one of the many relationship of "Semiconductor Electronic Band Structure", devised from Thermodynamic Law, here:Kundalini Awakening

I'd be happy to hear your input on how irrelevant a free flow electron or a thermodynamic balanced model in biological lifeform is, relating to the human em field, and quantum physics. I'm just curious on how my references advocate "well deserved" sarcasm, when laced to this particular subject phenomenon?

edit on 17-11-2015 by trifecta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Proof of the ability of the human mind to interact with matter on the microscopic scale:
smphillips.8m.com...
and Phillips' subsequent books.
It is one of the eight yogic siddhis described by the Indian philosopher Patanjali (uncertain, perhaps c. 200BC) and is called "Aṇimā" in Sanskrit.
Compare the gluon flux configuration inside a proton calculated by lattice quantum chomodynamics using a supercomputer in 2003 with depiction of string-like forces operating inside a subatomic particle as remote viewed around 1908 with Aṇimā:
smphillips.8m.com...
Scientific evidence for remote viewing of quarks and superstrings over a century ago:
smphillips.8m.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Regarding the aspect of change of the reality through mind let me explain my own observations and personal first hand experiences. I have seen how the PAST of my life changed within an - as you would call - split of a second. It was intendent so I can speak as someone to you as someone who can change the reality and has successfully done it.

First of all it is total bull# to think that you can melt steel away with your mind or that I changed the events that occurred in my past. My past literally was the same, still I managed to change it. Because it all depends on how you look at things. There is no magic inside.

As you surely already found out by pure observation. The universe is a fractal. This means you can find everything in everything no matter what you are looking at. Evidence? The strongest I came a cross is hawking exaining that the Universe radio energy is the same in all directions around earth. Or just open your eyes, everything is based around the same concepts and structures.

But I am already influencing you. Off course you WILL find evidence for everything you want to find. Your views will be based on personal experience, education, culture and everyone who tries to brainwash you. Indeed your reality will change by the power of you, the observer. It is about your feelings and where you look at. And not about bull# like melting spoons and forks.

But I strongly believe everyone is so much trapped inside his soup of views it cannot changed by pure will, intention or thought. You need to disconnect to your usual views before you can change to another view. Offcourse blinking with the eyes won't change anything and shutting down all senses neither. The brain is still intact and will keep the illusion. And I find it very hilarious to think that it would. It's all inside you.

Anyway the only way I personally experienced to be strong enough is meditation. And this means daily meditation. Twice.

Do that for 4 weeks and we talk again. It will be a very life changing positive experience to everyone. I promise. But just changing argues here won't lead to anything, everybody looks for evidence of his own loop.

And yes I say again. You cannot. Change physical reality. You cannot change the fractal dude. Don't be fool. It already HAS everything. You only need to change how you look at it. This sounds very unspectacular but believe me this is far and groundbreaking enough! By far!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: NewGuySoTrollMe

A regular occurrence on these forums I'm afraid. Some of them are just trolls with large vocabularies but there are a few that just have a chip on their shoulder for certain topics and nothing better to do but to sit on a thread and shoot down everyone's posts with such witty remarks as "fraud, hoax" etc without doing any measure of unbiased research for themselves.

The result of having an open mind on different subjects is learning more about that subject, something that has been proved by many great minds and inventors in history. But some people are comfortable in their corner of thinking and nothing will coax them out of it.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
This quickly went into occult and parapsychology...

@ Konduit - having too open mind is dangerous - your brain might fall out...

@ micpsi - your links are exactly why scientist avoid this kind of superstition and pretending there is something special to human mind that makes us different (or better) then rest of Earth's animals.

Last time I checked, my mind did influence matter around me every time I decided to release extra gases... and that is about it... everything else proven times over times to be just hoaxes and people pretending to have powers...

Here is some documentation how mind influenced matter and has parapsychology capabilities... and not... so...

To tell this is not dangerous - tell that to albino kids in Africa who are being hunted for pieces of their bodies because locals believe in paranormal and mystical...

nypost.com...
edit on 19-11-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Its like the old adage "if all you have is a hammer".
I'd stretch that a little further "if all you have are trapezoids and triangles".

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

The result of having an open mind on different subjects is learning more about that subject

That is not how one acquires knowledge of a subject.

Knowledge, by definition, is knowledge of that which is true. There is no such thing as knowledge of what is false, because there is nothing to be known about what is false -- except, of course, that it is false.

Thus, acquiring knowledge is more than simply becoming acquainted with all that is said or written (or made into YouTube videos) about a subject. It is also necessary to test what is stated against what we already know about the subject, and about the world in general, in order to decide whether it is true or false.

What passes this test becomes part of our mental furniture -- our knowledge. What fails the test is discarded.

Knowledge is not mere acquisition. It is selection and rejection also.

Alas, you misunderstand what an open mind is. Openness of mind is willingness to entertain any idea until it is tested -- not extending it an invitation to set up home in one's mind for ever. Openness of mind is the willingness to accept that our own ideas may be false, not a credulous embrace of everybody's ideas as true. Still less is it a refusal to judge the truth of an idea. Knowledge is judgement.

You claim -- albeit tacitly -- to be open-minded, yet your mind appears quite closed to certain ideas. For example, it appears closed to the idea that others may know more about a subject -- and about the world -- than you do, and hence may already have good reason to know that what you would like to believe is false.

You know so little about what makes sceptics sceptical. You think we are ignorant, narrow-minded and prejudiced. No doubt some of us are. Yet it never seems to occur to people like you that others may have already been they you are now, only to learn better and move on.

Will you, in your turn, move on? I hope so.

edit on 19/11/15 by Astyanax because: of a meaningful distinction.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: trifecta

I'd be happy to hear your input on how irrelevant a free flow electron or a thermodynamic balanced model in biological lifeform is, relating to the human em field, and quantum physics. I'm just curious on how my references advocate "well deserved" sarcasm, when laced to this particular subject phenomenon?

What a hilarious load of made-up bollocks.

I doubt it would impress a fairly well-read six-year-old.

edit on 19/11/15 by Astyanax because: of unpleasant facts.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Just wanted to add that this "mind-power" stuff is rare and seems difficult for humans to accomplish... and I say 'humans' because I've experienced transient events where some object is moved by some unknown factor (some critter, facet of mind, or force, or whatever.. .dunno) but with the time I've seen someone do it intentionally, it took massive effort and intense concentration... and at least an intense emotion for the times it might have happened accidentally.

The guy (my father) who I saw intentionally poke holes in several heavy cumulus clouds with "mental effort" was exhausted afterwards and had to rest and eat... so somehow, the standard rules of energy seemed involved... the mechanics of that transfer are what boggles my own noodle.

And for those that weren't there and think wispy clouds fade and it was a mistake of perception, I'd ask if they've ever seen four or five medium sized, dark cumulus rain clouds develop into a torus shape in less than a minute? I know I'm biased as he was related to me, but ... it happened.

And I have never been able to move a thing with my mind that I'm aware of... though I admit I didn't try too hard as it seemed silly, despite seeing it happen several times with others. Maybe that was the problem? Maybe despite my seeing it, I really doubt it and that old 'sheep/goats' effect is a factor... who knows?

Anyway, I know superstition is bad and I love reason and science, etc., but my whole point is there is a "there, there" in regards to PK , much to my surprise, and it would be nifty if more people in the sciences would actually look into it, seriously.

And as far as someone not doing it for Randi on demand and ending the debate, I have no idea ... my own father told me he didn't want to be carted off to some lab for testing and many folks already knew it existed and kept it quiet to avoid scrutiny.. .which sounds like a cop out, but is a valid point.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I know exactly what you mean. Your dad is not alone. Search for "atmokinesis" if you want to read more.

But then, clouds are not quantum events. The experiment in the OP does not even address the topic of moving bodies of matter with one's mind.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Like all the other experiments, the results suggest that our consciousness has an effect on matter, but we can't control that effect anymore than we can control what a light switch does when we flip it.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Like all the other experiments, the results suggest that our consciousness has an effect on matter

Or that matter has an effect on consciousness.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join