It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Physicist says he got strong evidence that human mind is capable of influencing matter

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

It's in Portuguese.
How are we supposed to know what he actually said. But you mean that the OP was being deceptive? Oh, my.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It's in Portuguese.

Goodness me, so it is.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Frocharocha

It is not influencing matter it is choosing a path through the quantum multiplicity of reality and intuitively guiding the consciousness (Which is a sense as well as our being) through the parrellel realitys like if you like to coin a coarse analogy a quantum band pass filter.

It is possibe that the reason we have not met aliens en mass is simply that our mind's are creating our own species oriented reality while aliens and other human races would create there own and the reason some of us seem to be on different wave lengths is often litteraly because we are.

We live in a shared reality with those on the same conscious bandwidth as ourselves but it is a rather fuzzy bandwidth so each of us lives just a little off the common centre and some are aware of reality just outside the normal spectrum of shared experience, this is the root cause of some paranormal sensitivity also.

edit on 14-11-2015 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

I agree, science explains this. The human mind can formulate the anti matter math.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Frocharocha
I hope the dude finds the money he needs to conclude his postdoctorade research,

He should get all the money that he can, now, because his brick will never fly!
The money will be wasted and he will fade back into insignificance!
His goals are philosophically not possible.
He is arguing that the 'imaginary', the ego, is more than 'imagination'.
'Believers' do that, make that error; it is insanity.

He is arguing that we can 'change' the moment, That Which Is.
Not ever in the history of the Universe, ever, has a single moment of What Is been 'otherwise/changed'!
They are a single unified field of Being!
It is ego/imagination where this 'feeling/notion' exists, this vanity of 'free-will/choice'!
That we can 'change the future' by our Will!
He spouts old used engine oil, attempting to disguise it with new trappings...
The observation is a feature of the observed, nothing 'changes' the other!

Far be it from me to deny him his moment of 'almost', but the money can really be better spent feeding the homeless!
Time will verify this one! Just watch! *__-
edit on 15-11-2015 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
a reply to: swanne

haha good one guy.

The reason the universe still exists when you blink is because you are connected in through your 5 senses. You still got touch taste smell and feel to get rid of.

Lose those sense and WILL go to another universe. Most people usually have to wait till death, but if you practice meditating you can have an OBE too.

There are things called isolation tanks, they basically take away all of your senses and in the lack of sensory input, your brain creates its own reality or universe. I've always wanted to try one. They are small tanks full of salt water that you can float in and it blocks all light and sound. People loose feeling of their bodies and eventually start to have trips. In a way, this is just a faster and easier way of meditating because you don't even have to try to achieve an out of body type experience.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: trippydreamer

Yep sensory deprivation chambers. I've done it before. Being an avid meditator it was very similar to me as just meditating in bed. It helped me forget about my body and while maintaining consciousness but I really wouldn't want to spend another 60 bucks for the hour. I would love to try it again for free though.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
And for those very intelligent members with rich science backgrounds and a deep seated knowledge of the fallibility of human sense apparatus, I can only say that despite the silliness surrounding this "stuff" there resides a rare (for most) reality that if it ever happens to you, might make you reconsider your positions.

I cannot believe it myself most minutes of the day, but I have to admit that "mind-over-matter" has been demonstrated to my own satisfaction and thus has generated an almost obsessive personal interest in knowing the "whys" of the matter (wordplay purposeful).

Maybe this stuff is so "pseudo-scientific" specifically because science lacks the tools or hypotheses to properly asses it's reality... and that doesn't mean it is lacking reality, despite many of its vocal proponents lacking the tools to convince, either.

And btw.. .where, exactly, is the demarcation where quantum weirdness in the micro concedes to standard physical rules in the macro?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   
It says he wants to recreate the experiments performed by the woowoo club. I also think the members of the woowoo club have PhDs of their own and have written papers that have been discredited. I can't see where he is proposing anything different, just wants money to join them.

I don't speak Portuguese, and one of the videos was without subtitles, do I could have missed something.

The author of the thread hasn't responded to any comments, which leads me to believe this thread is nothing more than a means to route traffic to his website asking for money.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: VekTorVik
It says he wants to recreate the experiments performed by the woowoo club. I also think the members of the woowoo club have PhDs of their own and have written papers that have been discredited. I can't see where he is proposing anything different, just wants money to join them.

I don't speak Portuguese, and one of the videos was without subtitles, do I could have missed something.

The author of the thread hasn't responded to any comments, which leads me to believe this thread is nothing more than a means to route traffic to his website asking for money.

Actually i didn't awnsered the thread because i dind't want to, i only saw the first comments and decided to sleep shrotly after. I just translated the text from the website and posted it. Since the videos don't have any sort of subtitles, there was no need to post em'.

it's also just about the scientist explaining about the crowfunding and telling about future lectures he's going to do explaning his ideas and stuff for the university and for those who helped him.

Of course the human brain can influence matter. We all emit electromagnetic radiations, may it be visible spectrum or spikes caused by nervous system interactions.

But then, the human hand also emits electromagnetic radiations which interacts with surrounding matter. And so does a horse. And a hummingbird. And a grain of sand. Oh, and an atom.

The question is, can we remotely control bodies bigger than the quantum scale without resorting to electromagnetism or gravitation? In other words, using only our thoughts?

I doubt it.

Indeed, we do influence the envirioment around us, but the very idea that we can manipulate the surrounding is something worth of gold, sure i can't see stuff like taking down tanks and soldiers wit hthe "Force." but it would be intersting to see what we could find.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Thanks for replying. Do either the videos or the website give any details as to his proposed methods of research? Any details at all?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: VekTorVik
Thanks for replying. Do either the videos or the website give any details as to his proposed methods of research? Any details at all?

Yup he does.

-The focus on the research will be on micro-scale.
    -They will be analyzing the experiment on a microscale (atom size) because it will be easier to detect.

The experiment uses a laser, a double slit and a camera.

The experiment works by pointing the laser light trough a double slit in order to create a "interference padron." which the camera captures. The experiment goal is to make the volunteers to close one of the double slips or cause some interference, if that's the case, the camera will be able to capture that and show the results, as illustrated in the draws:

edit on 15-11-2015 by Frocharocha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I have not read this yet, but here is a link to a 14 page explanation from dean radin.

deanradin.com...

Abstract: Previously reported experiments suggested that interference patterns generated by a double-slit optical system were perturbed by a psychophysical (i.e., mind–matter) interaction. Three new experiments were conducted to further investigate this phenomenon. The first study con- sisted of 50 half-hour test sessions where participants concentrated their attention-toward or -away from a double-slit system located 3 m away. The spectral magnitude and phase associated with the double-slit component of the interference pattern were compared between the two attention condi- tions, and the combined results provided evidence for an interaction (effect size1⁄4􏰀0.7360.14, p1⁄42.4􏰁10􏰀7). One hundred control sessions using the same equipment, protocol and analysis, but without participants present, showed no effect (effect size 1⁄4 0.04 6 0.10, p 1⁄4 0.71). A Fraunhofer diffraction model was used to explore various interpretations of this outcome. This analysis suggested that the distribution of light between the two slits and the horizontal stability of the laser beam were the principle components of the optical system that were perturbed. The sec- ond experiment used a duplicate double-slit system and similar test protocol, but it was conducted over the Internet by streaming data to participants’ web browsers. Some 685 people from six conti- nents contributed 2089 experimental sessions. Results were similar to those observed in the first experiment, but smaller in magnitude (effect size 1⁄4 􏰀0.09 6 0.02, p 1⁄4 2.6 􏰁 10􏰀6). Data from 2303 control sessions, conducted automatically every 2 h using the same equipment but without observ- ers showed no effect (effect size 1⁄4 􏰀0.01 6 0.02, p 1⁄4 0.61). Distance between participants and the optical system, ranging from 1 km to 18,000 km, showed no correlation with experimental effect size. The third experiment used a newly designed double-slit system, a revised test protocol, and a simpler method of statistical analysis. Twenty sessions contributed by 10 participants successfully replicated the interaction effect observed in the first two studies (effect size1⁄4􏰀0.6260.22, p 1⁄4 0.006). VC 2013 Physics Essays Publication.

I guess i am all for experimenting all kinds of claims, but after they don't find any supporting evidence, there is no more need to keep it up. It's not like the institute of noetic sciences hasn't been experimenting for the last 30 years.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: trifecta

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: trifecta

originally posted by: booyakasha
a reply to: intrptr

Oh you've personally met him and scientifically studied him already I see...

What experiments did you do to prove all of these guys to be hoaxers?

I just addressed the first video because thats the one I am familiar with. Literally, listen to the wind strike the camera microphone, just two seconds before he begins to make that whooshing sound (for effect).

Right at the 1 minute mark.

That's your indisputable and empirical proof and evidence of a hoax?

You really should click off of this thread if you think that demonstrates scientific methodology.

Your powers of observation are as blurry as your Avatar.

Focus, Jack. The wind hits dude b4 it hits the lake. You don't see that, you hear it on the mic.

Clown powered ignorance.

That demonstrates NOTHING.

The video isn't a controlled experiment. It is one of apparently many examples. Did you ever consider that might have been blowback, spin off, or backlash? Maybe the guys inadvertently, subconsciously primed the area in question with the psychokinetic effect? Maybe there were other interjecting turbulence factors apart from what he was generating? Maybe this was the result of extra air from a peripheral filling the deficit created when he stopped the previous air vortex?

Clown ignorance? Was that really necessary?

Yah, because its sooo obvious that 'unscientific video' is huckstered of the lowest common denominator. Other indicators, its at night so we can't see the trees blowing in the distance (its a blustery night) he waits and waits, talking about ionic miss mash until he feels the wind, then goes shwoosh as he waves his fingers. Why wave fingers and make sounds if he has such obvious mind power? After all we can believe it without the magic wand props, right?

I think he also goes to motels and 'moves the curtains' , showing us the AC unit is working. (rolling eyes)

The argument isn't whether people have influence over "matter", people who really have this sort of influence don't waste the energy moving things… they influence people minds and events. Parlor tricks are just magicians folly.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Other indicators, its at night so we can't see the trees blowing in the distance

Maybe he did it at night because the light cast by the street lamps on the dark waters accentuate the ripples he creates? What makes you think the air he manipulates is strong enough to impact tree movement to the degree of it being visceral to view?

talking about ionic miss mash until he feels the wind, then goes shwoosh as he waves his fingers. Why wave fingers and make sounds if he has such obvious mind power? After all we can believe it without the magic wand props, right?

There are meridians in your hands that act as an input or output of energy, for inflow and outflow. When you have a significant, personal magnetic field and proficient control over it, you can use it to essentially grab at certain particles affected by EM fields. Think of the finger waving as a "kickstart" of the flow.

The sounds are just another component in demonstrating this capability more efficiently. Do you realize sound and vibration affects matter? You can't be serious.

The argument isn't whether people have influence over "matter", people who really have this sort of influence don't waste the energy moving things… they influence people minds and events. Parlor tricks are just magicians folly.

And this is the whole point to your posts. Your underwhelming attempt at parlor tricks to influence minds and events. Placation and sleight of hand. The OP's video is effective to move people closer to the truth. Four pages of discussion on this matter says it all.

Your logic is severely flawed. Next time jump in the ring with someone you have a shot with.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: trifecta

What makes you think the air he manipulates is strong enough to impact tree movement to the degree of it being visceral to view?

What does "being visceral to view" mean?
What makes you think that he's manipulating the air? Are you sure he isn't manipulating the water?

The OP's video is effective to move people closer to the truth.
The OP did not post a video.

edit on 11/15/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Maybe he did it at night because the light cast by the street lamps on the dark waters accentuate the ripples he creates?

Ripples on the water are best observed in daylight.

Bye, troll.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

What does "being visceral to view" mean?

It means my brain isn't working. Redundant/rhetorical grammar. Fire away, I left the door wide open.

What makes you think that he's manipulating the air? Are you sure he isn't manipulating the water?

I took a peek at his other videos, if anything g is disengenuous about this user, it is how he coins the different nomenclature he uses to describe his ability. "Xelement-kinesis" is misleading. He uses one default influence on the environment in all his videos. It's the identical fundamental force all handlers use to affect the physical environment. I know this intimately.

The OP did not post a video.

You are correct. A slip of the mind.
edit on 15-11-2015 by trifecta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Maybe he did it at night because the light cast by the street lamps on the dark waters accentuate the ripples he creates?

Ripples on the water are best observed in daylight.

Bye, troll.

Trolls don't take the time to explain the birds and the bees to the misfortunate.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

It means my brain isn't working.
Oh.

You are correct. A slip of the mind.
Oh.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join