It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paris shooting: Several 'killed and injured after shootout' in French restaurant

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: slip2break
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

I agreed with the sentiment but don't have any firm evidence it happened. Do remember stories about violence against Muslims being up-- a few mosques were definitely torched-- and I remember one story about a Sikh being killed. Don't feel like digging right now-- but it would be counter intuitive to believe it didn't create a spike violence in against Muslims.

I'm not disputing what you say at all, I just honestly do not remember any back lash in the US against muslims after 911.

It could have been suppressed in MSM for all I know.

link   

originally posted by: Metropolis1927
If you mean Jihadi John the evil be-header, I would think not. This is well planned and would take longer than 24 hours IMO a reply to: Kuroodo

I disagree. Sleeper cells could have their plans in place for months or years and simply be waiting for an activation - be that a pre-determined but predictable event such as the death of their chief butcher or a message from someone in charge.

I suspect that the death of Emwazi may have been the trigger for one or more cells to activate. It is also terrifyingly feasible that others have been instructed to wait for an event such as this as their call to action. For all we know there are umpteen cells ready to unleash hell on Europe in the run-up to Christmas.

I'm not religious (as in, i don't follow any particular faith) but I'm praying for those killed tonight and that my fears are unfounded.

link   
God what a dog and pony show.

Trump, ISIS, Paris, blah blah blah. Just guys in suits yanking strings to get rich. Everyone drinking it like yesterday's Kool-Aid.

link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
I'm getting kind of perturbed at some of the commentary from some of these "experts". One of them made the comment, "Welcome to the new norm."

No, this is not the norm. It should never be considered the norm. I will never consider it the norm. I know emotions are high, but these commentators need to be more careful with their words.

The one that got me was the CNN expert who said that we should all worry about when it comes to the US because of how easy it is to get guns here ... Ummm, yes, and because of that, the populace is more likely to be armed in any given public space and shoot back.

link   
Can't even think of anything to say -

www.foxnews.com...

BREAKING: PARIS UNDER SIEGE
At least 118 executed by terrorist gunmen inside concert hall; at least 40 others are dead in seven coordinated attacks

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

Hate Crimes

Cannot believe there wasn't a spike in violent attacks as well.
edit on 13-11-2015 by slip2break because: incorrect grammar

(post by greydaze removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
Have we learned nothing from history?
Nothing?
I am ashamed to be human. Or perhaps just to be alive as the predator I am.
We are a ridiculous bunch of emotion, hormone driven entities.
Good thread.

Why are YOU ashamed, and calling yourself a predator? That's a bit of hyperbole isn't it? It was them that did it, just because of a couple of bad apples are out there, doesn't mean the whole human race must take the blame for their actions. Most people are pretty decent and would not comprehend this type of behavior.
edit on 13-11-2015 by IlluminatiTechnician because: cause

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo
Question, could this attack be revenge for the death of the guy the US killed?

Forgot his name/title.

The same question has already been brought up....it's a fair enough question.

However, in my opinion, these attacks were very coordinated and therefore, would have taken a good amount of time to plan.

JJ was just killed yesterday so, in my opinion, it's highly unlikely that this group was able to coordinate this attack with such precision and in such a short amount of time.

link   
a reply to: Zephyranth

Well, to your point...everyone was chuckling today at Trump's comment "I would bomb the # out of ISIS".

He's probably cha-chinging campaign donations every five seconds right now.
edit on 11/13/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

link   
It's all such a farce.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

CNN has been pushing that angle a quite a few times during the coverage of this attack. It really is sickening that this is already being politicized.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
What can one say, it made me cry. It's just utterly evil and horrible ! reply to: DAVID64

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
a reply to: ketsuko

CNN has been pushing that angle a quite a few times during the coverage of this attack. It really is sickening that this is already being politicized.

I have a feeling that this was all prepared long ago.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
m.france24.com... Old link not about current issue its from two months ago but oddly relevent with todays attacks

A French national suspected of planning a terrorist attack in France after returning from the Islamic State group’s Syrian stronghold of Raqqa was arrested last month, officials said Friday. The man admitted to police that he had been instructed to carry out an attack on French soil – “preferably” during a concert – but has denied that he had any intention of following through with the plan, according to a judicial source. He was not immediately identified by police, but the source told AFP that he was a 29-year-old who had spent one week in Raqqa. He was arrested on August 11 at his home and charged with “criminal association in relation with a criminal terrorist enterprise”. “This is one of those cases in which individuals want to carry out terrorist attacks,” Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve told reporters during a trip to the northern city of Roubaix on Friday. The suspect did not have a police record and was unknown to French intelligence services before his trip to Syria, the judicial source said.
wonder what happened to this guy as the article implies a concert was the primary target. like i said older link but relevent. wonder if the guy they caught was a decoy or set up to see how tight the french securty was following their operatives

www.telegraph.co.uk... h-police.html older link from 2014 but this line stood out as to why they may find the idenities of the gun men quicker then normal

The new legislation, to be presented to parliament “in the coming days”, will also make it easier to target “lone wolves” and create new powers to force internet providers to block Islamist hate propaganda. It will also allow investigators to use pseudonyms to go undercover in pro-jihadist sites. Marc Trevidic, one of France’s highest-profile anti-terror judges, said the case of Ali M was far from being isolated. “There are doubtless others on our soil programmed to harm French interests,” he told Le Parisien. Some 800 French nationals or residents are thought to have left to fight in Syria since the start of the civil war.

edit on 13-11-2015 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I don't think the Paris authorities should of rushed the concert building..

Doing so may have caused more death quicker with them throwing
a grenade or two into a crowd of 1500... we dont know how much ammo
they had.. I think the situation should have been looked at more carefully
edit on 13-11-2015 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

Damned if they do, damned if they don't......if the gunmen were executing people one at a time, then the police had very little time to act.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

[Latest developments, posted at 8:38 p.m. ET]

• At least 153 people were killed in the Paris and Saint-Denis shootings and bombings, French officials said. Among the victims, 112 were killed at the Bataclan concert venue, according to the Interior Ministry. Saint-Denis is home to the national stadium where the match was being played.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Necrose

It's possible. There are patterns to the mistakes made.

...such as ?

I am merely remarking upon his statement that it's so easy to distinguish a native speaker from "non-native English speaker"...
Frankly, I would say it's a pretty difficult thing to do in the Age of mobile phones and the utter laziness of plebs all over the world.

The vast majority of Advanced English students would surely be able to mask themselves.

I didn't want to get off-topic though, so...
edit on 13-11-2015 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

They said it once that I heard.

I agree it probably shouldn't be said but every person is politicizing it. The talks about what to do with refugees when it isn't confirmed they had anything to do with this is troubling to me.
Or all the people talking about how could this possibly happen in Paris where they have gun control.

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join