It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oak Island update

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Have any of you watched the latest Oak Island episode? It premiered Tuesday. They released more footage from 10X including validation of a body at the bottom along with a man made chest that is too big to have fallen into the pit. So the claim is it must have been brought in during creation.

They toss around a lot of new technology and have satellite footage depicting where caverns are along with ruby's / gold / silver / Bronze...

Not sure how I feel about it all. Almost seems to good to be true.

Opinions? Apparently, the claim is now that there are many tunnel systems under the island that go as deep at 300+ft and many chambers to boot!

You can watch the first episode in its entirety here : Link to Video

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I liken that show to Gold Rush.

Alot of hokey malarky for tv.

Unless they actually pull something significant up ...

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley
I liken that show to Gold Rush.

Alot of hokey malarky for tv.

Unless they actually pull something significant up ...

While that may be true, there still is something or was something hidden there in a very ingenious way.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

That I agree with.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

They toss around a lot of new technology and have satellite footage depicting where caverns are along with ruby's / gold / silver / Bronze...

Yeah that all sounded like BS to me. What are the chances that those two would have access to some hereto undeveloped technology that can locate not only metals but rubies from the air?

I also wasn't too impressed with the matter-of-fact statements in regards to the new sonar scan of 10X.

Even so, I'll continue watching if for no other reason than the fact that like the Laginas (though decades later) the Oak Island Mystery captured my imagination as a child.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I missed alot of the 2nd season because of reports being underwhelming(except for the trade token in the swamp)

If there were that many tunnels, where is the spoil? where is the archaeological evidence for camps, buildings, mining infrastructure?

They didn't spend 2 months living in an ecofriendly tent city with small carbon footprint, and then cleaned up their waste as they left.

Its a shaft with booby trapped flood tunnels with some big rotten silver coin ball at the bottom encased in cement.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The whole island looks artificial to me. I remember the trees were not native. I suspect that whatever truth there is to find we will not see it, something may have been found and removed long ago.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

I suspect that whatever truth there is to find we will not see it, something may have been found and removed long ago.

You're probably right but I'd be thrilled if they simply made it to the bottom so we could see how the system was made...Treasure would be great, too.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Long shot here, but what if the original "mound/island" was a temple created long ago. When water levels were much lower.. Sea levels are hundreds of feet higher now then just 5000 - 7000 years ago. Maybe the Clovis culture or some other civilization was around back then and created this mound that happens to now be an island due to sea level rise. Maybe what they are finding now, is a combination of what was once there, and what someone recently hid, just a few hundred years back.

If its legit, I just do not understand who, how, or why, someone would go through all the trouble of basically hiding something, that was NOT meant to be found.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

that was NOT meant to be found.

Not to be found by others. Big difference.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Triton1128
Have any of you watched the latest Oak Island episode? It premiered Tuesday. They released more footage from 10X including validation of a body at the bottom along with a man made chest that is too big to have fallen into the pit. So the claim is it must have been brought in during creation.

Opinions? Apparently, the claim is now that there are many tunnel systems under the island that go as deep at 300+ft and many chambers to boot!

You can watch the first episode in its entirety here : Link to Video

cant afford the bandwith to download but it sounds very interesting. I watched a doco on this a few years ago. Any futrue updates much appreciated.
thanks

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

If this place was that old, the infrastructure built to protect what ever is buried would not have worked. It depends on the sea to protect it, which would have been thousands of feet beyond the flood tunnels. It could only have been built after the 15th or 16th century.

The idea of this "bank" is not unique. There were similar booby-trapped designs somewhat similar found in Scotland, England and China that date back to the middle ages and beyond.

It is definitely real, but if something is still there, and not previously retrieved, it will be amazing. So much damage was done to the surrounding areas, and anything that looked like a possible disturbed area has been peppered with holes and bulldozed. Most of the markers that were previously discovered have been either stolen or destroyed by erosion.

I have been following this story since I read that infamous Readers Digest article in 1965. I stopped by there on a trip to Halifax in 2003, but they would not let me on the Island as there was an existing property dispute among the land owners and at the end of the causeway there was a gate with signs all over it warning everyone to stay away.

I think this is still one of the best mysteries on the planet, and albeit sensationalized, it finally has the attention it deserves. We are about to find out what really happened there.
edit on 14-11-2015 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
interesting point! I was wondering if the swamp was made by dumping all the tunnel tailings into a former inlet or small bay that existed when water levels were lower.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Triton1128
Long shot here, but what if the original "mound/island" was a temple created long ago. When water levels were much lower.. Sea levels are hundreds of feet higher now then just 5000 - 7000 years ago. Maybe the Clovis culture or some other civilization was around back then and created this mound that happens to now be an island due to sea level rise. Maybe what they are finding now, is a combination of what was once there, and what someone recently hid, just a few hundred years back.

If its legit, I just do not understand who, how, or why, someone would go through all the trouble of basically hiding something, that was NOT meant to be found.

To me this makes perfect sense, if the Island really has all of the underground traps and such that I have read about it could only be done while constructing an artificial mound or island. Look at Nan Madol, Nan Madol is a city spanning 80 acres, and comprises about 90 man-made islands. Nan Madol means “spaces between”, and probably the city was named this because the “spaces between” the islands are a network of canals surrounding the island. Wonder what is built into those Islands.

They have the The Shag Harbour UFO
On the night of October 4, 1967, shortly after 11:00 PM, a UFO some 60 feet in diameter was seen to hover over the water near the tiny fishing village of Shag Harbour, Nova Scotia

Maybe something else built the place.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
So we know this is a sophisticated earthwork, with evidence of Renaissance-era European occupation. The cypher stone translated into English, and the artifacts found so far indicate the builders of the Money Pit came by boat from the West Indies. An English and/or pirate origin is suspected.

English naval captains for a time actually were pirates, issued privateering licenses by Queen Elizabeth during the late 1500's. The Spanish Armada was assembled in the late 1580's in an attempt to crush England by sea in retaliation, and then invade by land. With the Armada, religious sectarian conflicts at home, royal assassination attempts, and the Spanish army tearing across Europe, the whole country was terrorized with fear that they were about to be conquered. The Queen could well have commissioned a faraway place to hide the crown jewels and other wealth of the monarchy, if need be.

Construction of Oak Island would have required a large labor force, sophisticated engineering, and serious resources. It's believable that no native accounts survived the intervening centuries, but how could such a large undertaking have been kept secret in England at the time? Launches of fleets and big groups of workers to the New World were a rare and massive event then.

To be possibly true, this theory of construction would require:

1. A large English-controlled labor force;
2. known to have been deployed to sea anywhere near Oak Island during the preparation of the Spanish Armada;
3. connected with privateering;
4. whose subsequent whereabouts are unknown or covered up and lost to history.

Given these parameters, I came to a shocking conclusion. There is one, and I believe only one, viable candidate for an expedition that could have built Oak Island under these conditions. That would be Sir Walter Raleigh's so-called "lost" colony of Roanoke.
edit on 14-11-2015 by NDMagoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Alexandria was sacked and burnt. The Crusaders took whatever they could gather. I'm of the thought that what is hidden within the island, really is treasure the Templar's moved after the contract went out on their heads..Only they at that time had the resources to take on such a project.

If Nova Scotia doesn't seize the Island and halt the operation, it will be quite interesting what they find

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
When the British were forced out of Boston, many Loyalists fled the colonies to settle in Nova Scotia, as things were not safe for them. Some of them were extremely wealthy, or had access to extreme caches of wealth they were managing for some of the colonials themselves. The "Theory" here suggested that they organized and pooled their gold and silver bullion and jewels (owned or stolen) , bought and outfitted their own ships, and headed for Nova Scotia. Some settled in Lunenberg, which is where Oak Island is.

There are some that believe there is a connection, and that these wealthy loyalists needed to hide what they had plundered from the New England colonies, and would play a waiting game and probably some day return.

I do not really think this is what the Oak Island treasure is, but the timeline is right, and Lunenberg was one of their destinations.... Just another theory to add to the mix of who, why and where.

Loyalist Settlements in Nova Scotia

In the spring of 1776 the first shipload of Loyalists left the Thirteen Colonies for Nova Scotia. The British government gave them free passage and permitted them to take necessary articles with them.....

the Loyalists heard
that the Patriot victory had increased persecution. Therefore, up to 30,000 decided to leave for Nova Scotia. Many of the settlers were members of disbanded Loyalist regiments. Colonel Edward Winslow who came from New England was an aristocrat. There were representatives of such minority groups as Dutch, Huguenots and
Quakers, and a number of Loyalists brought slaves with them....

Approximately half of the refugees settled near the Saint John River, in what was to become New Brunswick, with a concentration at the mouth of the river around an excellent harbour. This developed onto the city of Saint John. There were also settlements along the coast of the peninsula at Lunenburg, Shelburne and Digby.
Article Courtesy of: Ann Mackenzie M.A.

edit on 15-11-2015 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-11-2015 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

edit on 15-11-2015 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   
We can all agree this project would have taken a pretty serious workforce to accomplish in any realistic timeframe if one is to include the flood tunnel or two. I heard there was a second flood tunnel on opposite side. It was also determined that Smith Cove is artificial and where the flood water originates.

If all this true, why would you bury treasure in a location you wouldn't be able to retrieve either? It sounds very similar to the Egyptian traps protecting Pharaohs tombs in the afterlife but those treasures weren't meant to be retrieved, unless of course we have ourselves royalty buried under there which I doubt.

I like the idea of Smith Cove being a working dry dock and the shaft being an ingenious function for the design. At least than it has a practical purpose. Interesting nonetheless.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Maybe something else built the place.

"Something", or someone?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   

I've been watching the series. I've been interested in Oak Island since finding the Readers Digest article in my uncles basement. Also, a book by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child named Riptide. The book is based somewhat on the legend of the island. I personally think something is down there, what...I don't know, but I think something at some point was down there and is probably still down there.

The new episode was interesting with the detailed mapping of the chamber. I hope the brothers figure it out.

(The book is fictional so is not really factual, but it helped spark more interest for me about the place.) I guess Preston actually went to the island for some research.

Article with Dan Blankenship and others, Triton Alliance dig, idk what happened with that dig though.

www.prestonchild.com... /Death-Trap-Defies-Treasure-Seekers-for-Two-Centuries;art45,47
edit on 15-11-2015 by C84K2 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join