It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oak Island update

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowen20
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Maybe something else built the place.

"Something", or someone?

It depends on if the somethings were someones. Good question!

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The biggest question is....

If they find something AMAZING ( Templar items, Arc, etc) will we ever know about it?
I can see the PTB stepping in and censoring the hell out of it.

Oh look we found all these cool coins and jewels!!!! meanwhile the men in black cart off the good stuffs.....
edit on 16-11-2015 by Gratheil because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I have to agree that the last episode was fascinating. No denying that they have found *something* unusual down there. What, exactly, remains to be seen.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: NDMagoo
Given these parameters, I came to a shocking conclusion. There is one, and I believe only one, viable candidate for an expedition that could have built Oak Island under these conditions. That would be Sir Walter Raleigh's so-called "lost" colony of Roanoke.

They've pretty much sorted out that those of the Lost Colony who didn't starve were assimilated into the local First Nations population. Link Points for creativity, though, as it's a ripping good yarn, too.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I just put the initial though process and hypothesis out there to spur discussion, but will follow up with more citations once I get time. It's not as loony of an idea as it may seem, though. The whole affair of the Lost Colony is actually very convoluted, as it was shrouded in secrecy and politics at the time.

Roanoke was originally designed as a base for privateers to resupply for raiding Spanish shipping in the West Indies, and was initially a military garrison. The colonists were allegedly bound for Chesapeake Bay, but there are differing accounts of how and why they were supposedly left at Roanoke. Governor John White reported that their mission was to leave Roanoke and settle on the mainland, anyway. Records indicate that Sir Walter Raleigh sent regular fleets to the New World to "look for" the colony long after it was lost, and English officials wrote of it as an extant settlement many years later (though not necessarily at Roanoke island). With all of the secrecy going on at the time, all we have are lots of contradictory and highly questionable primary information.

Looking at his behavior and success as an importer of goods from the New World, it's not a big leap to envision Raleigh controlling secret North American operations. He had every logical reason to be paranoid. Conspiracies were the status quo of the Elizabethan court, and one eventually resulted in him losing his head. Plus, the Spanish were actively hunting for English settlements on North America. Roanoke Island was chosen as a base because it is invisible from the sea.

Raleigh did actually have a major theater of operations in Nova Scotia at this time, to kick Spanish fishing boats out of the area. When you look at the age suggested by artifacts from Oak Island, the most logical time for the English to need a secret vault would be this era -- during the late 1580s, when Spain was assembling the Armada to invade England. With conspiracies and rumors engulfing many of those around her, Queen Elizabeth turned to Sir Walter Raleigh to lead some of the most important maritime and defense operations. There were also numerous instances of privateers stealing more loot from the Spanish than they could get back home; maybe a storage facility in the New World could have been utilized for this, too.

We don't truly know what the colonists were doing in the New World. Everybody knows the story of Virginia Dare, but a large majority of the colonists were single men. Identified as planters bound for Chesapeake Bay, they were inexplicably dumped on a sandy island while just stopping there to pick up soldiers (who were dead). Then a delayed ship brought more colonists directly to Roanoke, instead of where they were supposed to have been headed.

This was a large labor force deployed to North America at this exact time, whose whereabouts and activities were completely covered up. I don't think it's totally implausible that these workers could have been transported and utilized to build other works in North America, such as the Money Pit. The story of the Lost Colonists getting massacred by the Powhatan was fabricated decades later, to propagandize for Jamestown's war on area natives.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Is Roanoke the settlement that was only left "Croatoan" or am I thinking of something else?

If there is something truly amazing down there I'll be genuinely shocked if we ever find out about it.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM
Alexandria was sacked and burnt. The Crusaders took whatever they could gather. I'm of the thought that what is hidden within the island, really is treasure the Templar's moved after the contract went out on their heads..Only they at that time had the resources to take on such a project.

If Nova Scotia doesn't seize the Island and halt the operation, it will be quite interesting what they find

---

If the Crusaders DID take goods from Alexandria
Then it is possibility that the few thousand scrolls
That survived the sacking and burning of the
Great Library of Alexandria might have been
saved and not hidden in the bowels of the
Vatican but rather hidden from the highest levels
Of the priesthood for political gain!

One now very elderly scholarly family friend from Germany hinted that HIS professors during the
1930's and 1940's were ordered by the German
High command to search for such scrolls which
Were further hinted to contain written evidence
Of the existence of and the actual described locations of the multiple remains of highly
advanced Civilizations of space faring humans!

The German high command ordered these
scholars to obtain all such records and there
Is SOME small evidence that their searches
Included secret examinations of locations
Within Canada, the United States and Mexico.

Is Oak Island one of these locations?

Are the lost scrolls of Alexandria at Oak Island?

There is also a very generalized smokey rumour
That the saved scrolls from Alexandria were NOT
scrolls at all but rather rolled sheets of metal
With a "Surface like the still Waters" and when
Stirred shone as the highest moon....

Hmmmm.....that sure does sound like a
flexible Touchscreen Display to me !!!!

Who knows...could be a very useful version
Of an Intergalactic Wikipedia access terminal...

Can't wait to see what they find on Oak Island.

I think it will surprise us all ......

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
if they have sonar that can see gems in the ground im all over that # lol that would be incredible... and i agree on another point brought up that with all the boobie traps and tunnels it makes sense that this would be done in layers and we are standing on the "roof" of whatever was built there underground and the "roof" was made with the dirt excavated to make the tunnels.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

i checked the link and i like magoos version better haha seems like what they found recently could be the the colonies stuff or it could be just stuff that was left on the island and the natives brought it home... funny thing is not much at all has been found on the island.. that makes sense bc the natives would have strip searched that island as soon as it was empty anyway and brought what they found home... they need to find some bodies at least i think before roanoke is ever really solved..

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
Is Roanoke the settlement that was only left "Croatoan" or am I thinking of something else?

If there is something truly amazing down there I'll be genuinely shocked if we ever find out about it.

Right. That's why they were allowed to buy the land, sell the rights to a TV show, and are currently broadcasting their progress. So they can hide it. SMH. . .

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Apparently, not all discovered on the island has made it to TV. Other treasure seekers have found :

Among the artifacts recovered from the swamp, shoreline and edge of the pit, were

1710-30 battle hatchets,
several English coins from the 1600s,
An old pewter buckel - Picture
a Victorian brooch – Picture
a colonial silver spoon handle Picture
and a Knights Templar coin.

Looking forward to more episodes!

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: jaffo

Have you ever heard of "hiding in plain sight?"

Because god forbid a TV show ever lies to you.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

Yes, Croatoan was a neighboring island, home to an allied tribe. The colonists were instructed to carve where they went to on their door frames if/when they left Roanoke. If they were in distress, they were supposed to also carve a cross. I've heard it was actually supposed to be a specific type of cross with serifs, which looks just like the Knights Templar symbol. I'm not sure of the source on that, though. This Oak Island hypothesis makes me want to find out...

The official story (based solely on his own testimony) is that when John White returned to the island three years after leaving, there were no door posts left to write on. The entire colony had been carefully disassembled and moved somewhere else. Everything was gone except for some things that were too heavy to move, including cannons and other big equipment. They had even taken the time to bury chests, which had since been dug up and ransacked (presumably by natives). He found "Croatoan" and "CRO" carved on a couple trees, and no cross other carvings.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

I think the whole season could have been broken down to a 90 min documentary (as could all the seasons thus far). With that said I have been fascinated by the unknowns that Oak Island presents and I am definitely rooting for the team to find out anything they can, and hopefully make it worth their time financially.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: NDMagoo

I just put the initial though process and hypothesis out there to spur discussion, but will follow up with more citations once I get time. It's not as loony of an idea as it may seem, though. The whole affair of the Lost Colony is actually very convoluted, as it was shrouded in secrecy and politics at the time.

I have not put as much time into the Roanoke story as I have Oak Island, though I did visit the 'Lost Colony' as a kid. I'm interested in seeing your citations, because it's an interesting tale you tell.
Maybe start another thread, so we don't hijack this one.itby]
edit on 23-11-2015 by JohnnyCanuck because: yes

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

Have you NOT seen some horror movies start that way?
Then some idiot reads a book they find...
Who wouldn't want to see that?
(Sarc)
edit on 23-11-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
There are treasure stories all over. Here on Fort Huachuca there is 'Jones Gold' up Huachuca Canyon. A lot of interesting items there.
Also on Huachuca is the old Spanish mill. It is still there with the collapsed mine. And in 1971-72 there were the three GI's who were court marshaled for taking gold off the reservation. They were told return what you have found and keep your career...all three refused.
Why don't I go get it? It's all gone. The govt has it. Jones gold was taken out in three water tankers back during the last dig in 74-75. I saw them.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: StargateSG7

originally posted by: SPECULUM
Alexandria was sacked and burnt. The Crusaders took whatever they could gather. I'm of the thought that what is hidden within the island, really is treasure the Templar's moved after the contract went out on their heads..Only they at that time had the resources to take on such a project.

If Nova Scotia doesn't seize the Island and halt the operation, it will be quite interesting what they find

---

If the Crusaders DID take goods from Alexandria
Then it is possibility that the few thousand scrolls
That survived the sacking and burning of the
Great Library of Alexandria might have been
saved and not hidden in the bowels of the
Vatican but rather hidden from the highest levels
Of the priesthood for political gain!

One now very elderly scholarly family friend from Germany hinted that HIS professors during the
1930's and 1940's were ordered by the German
High command to search for such scrolls which
Were further hinted to contain written evidence
Of the existence of and the actual described locations of the multiple remains of highly
advanced Civilizations of space faring humans!

The German high command ordered these
scholars to obtain all such records and there
Is SOME small evidence that their searches
Included secret examinations of locations
Within Canada, the United States and Mexico.

Is Oak Island one of these locations?

Are the lost scrolls of Alexandria at Oak Island?

There is also a very generalized smokey rumour
That the saved scrolls from Alexandria were NOT
scrolls at all but rather rolled sheets of metal
With a "Surface like the still Waters" and when
Stirred shone as the highest moon....

Hmmmm.....that sure does sound like a
flexible Touchscreen Display to me !!!!

Who knows...could be a very useful version
Of an Intergalactic Wikipedia access terminal...

Can't wait to see what they find on Oak Island.

I think it will surprise us all ......

It would be the #1 seller if it had the reassuring words "dont panic " emblazoned on its front.

HHGTTG Found!!

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Has anyone seen the specs of the Sonar system they are using?
Trying to make an assessment of how much AI is shown graphically vs the items actual condition.
The thing thinks those posts are straight and fairly geometrically symmetrical enough to draw them as long rectangles, and was wondering what the accuracy level really was.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
They should call these guys and see what they can find

www.georesonance.com...

GeoResonance Remote Sensing is a unique frontier geophysical technology that identifies subsurface substances
by detecting their characteristic electromagnetic fields. It combines quantum physics, mathematics, chemistry and
technical know-how, to extract targeted electromagnetic signatures from airborne multispectral imagery.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join