It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I might have to reconsider Trump; his epic rant on Carson and GOP contenders.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Yeah....no.

So much nope.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: olaru12

These guys sure are providing a fantastic show this election season!

I wish I could laugh, but I don't have it in me. It's an embarrassment to this country.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

at this point its all a game of smoke and mirrors, both sides are a scam and the american public opinion is so divided that no matter who wins half of us will be upset for the next 4 years. even if a candidate like a sanders or trump were to win their hands would be tied behind their backs to making any real "change" to the system.

obama tried to make some "changes" but he was fought tooth and nail the whole way by the republican party, the same thing will happen to any candidate trying to make any kind of drastic change. any sort of risk to try and change the system will take years to implement with all the bureaucratic red tape, bickering between parties, and placating of lobbyists that politicians do.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
It's not surprising coming from Trump but it is odd. It's just not going to help him in Iowa where there is a huge base of Christian voters, plus he calls Iowa voters stupid. And it will likely make some of his own supporters - both in Iowa and elsewhere - uncomfortable.

There was nothing to gain for him with bizarre antics like this.

As an anti-establishment candidate, his focus should be on the broken and ineffective establishment and not the other anti-establishment candidate who seems to be imploding on his own.

bizarre antics = planted candidate, IMO.

I agree with the comment that Trump will break from Republicans and run as an independent throwing the race to the democrats. He'll need to take plenty of conservatives votes to give the democrats a mandate so he needs to do just enough damage to ensure it's plausible when he doesn't win in the general election. I think he has skated that line well.

Of course, I also think our election systems have been hijacked -- at least in Florida and Ohio -- via the 'reforms' that took place after the 2000 and 2004 elections.

edit on 13-11-2015 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: butcherguy

at this point its all a game of smoke and mirrors, both sides are a scam and the american public opinion is so divided that no matter who wins half of us will be upset for the next 4 years. even if a candidate like a sanders or trump were to win their hands would be tied behind their backs to making any real "change" to the system.

obama tried to make some "changes" but he was fought tooth and nail the whole way by the republican party, the same thing will happen to any candidate trying to make any kind of drastic change. any sort of risk to try and change the system will take years to implement with all the bureaucratic red tape, bickering between parties, and placating of lobbyists that politicians do.
Obama might have "thought" about making changes but according to McGovern:

Many people have speculated that Obama is a direct operator for the C.I.A., which explains the complete cronyism and deception in his every act as President. This wouldn’t surprise me. Others speculate that he is just an empty-suit political hack who was informed about “how things work” by the shadow government after he was sworn in. This wouldn’t surprise me either. More importantly, what we can all agree on now is that it is certainly one or the other. Retired C.I.A. analyst Ray McGovern has come out and given his opinion in a recent interview. His best line, and one that sums it up perfectly is:

I think he’s just afraid and he shouldn’t have run for president if he was going to be this much of a wuss.

More from Mondoweiss:

Obama has abandoned progressive principles, such as stopping drone attacks and shutting down Guantanamo, because he is afraid of being assassinated, telling friends, “Don’t you remember what happened to Martin Luther King Jr.?” retired CIA analyst Ray McGovern said today.

McGovern spoke on WBAI’s show Law and Disorder this morning. He was talking about his recent article calling Obama “a wuss” and speculated that Obama had also placed John Brennan as head of the CIA out of fear that the CIA might turn on him, as it had on John Kennedy.

During his CIA career, Ray McGovern prepared daily briefings for the president and chaired the National Intelligence Estimates. He is now a leading antiwar activist.

Ratner then said, “I represent Guantanamo people. I thought the biggest lie in the speech was—’I have tried to close Guantanamo.'” There are half a dozen ways in which Obama “has actually sabotaged the closing of Guantanamo. Straight lie.”

libertyblitzkrieg.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: HorusChrist

Fantastic comment. If I could flag it, too, I would.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Just a little while ago I couldn't believe I found myself hoping Bush makes a come back if the alternative is the chance of Trump becoming president.

Now, even Trump looks like a safer alternative as GOP nominee than Carson.

How much worse can this get?

And either option means supporting Hillary in the general election.

Of course, the GOP primaries are front loaded in favor of the evangelical and protest vote procedurally but wind up favoring the establishment overall.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I think you need to overcomb your desire to reconsider voting for the Don or there will be hell toupe'

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: UnBreakable

Trump is establishment, they're all establishment (except for MAYBE Sanders IMO). Trump wouldn't be up there if he wasn't part of the production.

That's just it. He is 'part' of the production. They just couldn't put Jeb up there without a supporting cast. They are dismayed at the fact the American public isn't buying Jeb's weak act. Jeb was to be the Rep anointed one, with Hillary on the Dem side. Somehow they will still try to put up Jeb and the only way to do that is to firstly dispose of Trump. They just thought that Trump was a flash in the pan to generate some interest for the Jeb show. What they didn't foresee is Trump has become the main act and their boy Jeb is nothing more than the camera grip.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

See? Yeah!!! This makes total sense to me, and it's how I see it happening as well.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Who makes a good president? A person who does not want to be president. Let me explain...

1. The average politician is groomed to be a politician. They are bought. They are persuaded. They WANT to attain something and show everyone that they got there. A notch.

2. Now, the guy who does NOT want to be president but would take the job and has a no nonsense approach. He is already very well known, very well connected and is someone who buys those who attain this office.

Who do you want...those are your only choices. Last time we had a #2 was Reagan...

I just keep trying to think that if this was not Donald Trump. and just the CEO of a company but acted the same way would people say it is 'reality TV' or that he has some balls.

Perception wins elections...

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
The GOP establishment is going to have a k'niption fit when Trump gets the nomination, unless, of course, TPTB doesn't let it go that far and cause Mr. Trump to have a plane crash or heart attack by next summer.

TPTB own Trump lock, stock and barrel bank wise, if it weren't for their backing Trump wouldn't, or couldn't have, or even maintain the assets he has currently.

Trump will do whatever they say.
edit on 13-11-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
I just keep trying to think that if this was not Donald Trump. and just the CEO of a company but acted the same way would people say it is 'reality TV' or that he has some balls.

Perception wins elections...

No, it's because he's Donald Trump that he's gotten a pass. Trump has ALWAYS had crazy ideas, though in the past he's come down on the side of the Democrats. He's an entertainer and he works his massive ego and talking big into his persona, because it sells.

If he were some random CEO he would be laughed out of the election, and outside of a fraction of the Republican party he has still been laughed out of the election.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I love Trump he talks a big game. I'm willing to vote for him just to see if he backs it up. The only thing that I'm skeptical about is he's a rich businessman. I've yet to see a rich businessman in a position of power not get greedy.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Trump says what's on his mind, when it's on his mind. Seems that every single time he gets in front of a camera, he commits political suicide, says and does things no politician would ever dream they could get away with. When the backlash comes from the media, he owns his actions and doesn't back down.

He is the only candidate to show the strength and tenacity that is gonna be required from our POTUS. I may be completely wrong, but he seems to be the only real leader in this race.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Your screwed, so unfortunately are the rest of us a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Trump is establishment, they're all establishment (except for MAYBE Sanders IMO). Trump wouldn't be up there if he wasn't part of the production.

I think "production" is the proper term. I looks more and more like a silly reality show. What astonishes me are the conservatives that take this BS seriously; with enough emotional investment in the candidates to get insulted and insulting, if you point out the obvious charade.

Perhaps it's one of my guilty pleasures....I'm really enjoying this political TV season. I hope Sarah and Michelle can get more involved somehow.

I think they are both still under contract, so they have to try to work in a couple speaking roles. They had Michelle say
that violence in Israel is because Jesus is coming soon a couple days ago. Sarah is probably calling someone for her lines.

lol....Trump and Sarah are members of my union...SAG/AFTRA

www.sagaftra.org...

Union proud, Union Strong

Yeah im in a union too....and it sucks. SEIU is 100% a corupt/evil organuzation.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
The GOP establishment is going to have a k'niption fit when Trump gets the nomination, unless, of course, TPTB doesn't let it go that far and cause Mr. Trump to have a plane crash or heart attack by next summer.

I'm in awe over your statement! Yet, I think I agree even though I'm not a Trump supporter.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
"I would just bomb those suckers, blow up the pipes, the refineries, blow up every single inch and then I'd take the oil"

Have to give him credit, at least Trump is the most honest candidate America has had in a long time.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join